• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do Ne types ever "settle down" with their lives (all facets)?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This isn't about relationships. What I mean is just "their lives in general". If I look back over my 25 year history, I'm able to piece together little 1 to 3 year windows with separate EVERYTHING. School majors, job industries, social circles, life philosophies, hobbies, the place I live, the state I live in, the friends I keep.

I mean in the moments, I just know no other way than to always do what I want to do. I'm not a follower, but I'm also not really a fan of organizing/managing other people's interests either. So I've found it really easy to discard things in little 1-3 year periods repeatedly throughout my life:

Hobbies change (over say a 15 year period): sports team A one year, sports team B another, music instrument for a few after, stock market stuff for awhile, school work (yes really), excercise method A, then a different exercise method, then moved onto teaching myself a language, moved on to meditation/hypnosis, and now I'm really into movies... But like imagine all of those changes that were just in my "hobbies" category but within the city I live in, the friends I keep, the way I live my life, my careers and throughout my whole life it's just always constant change! I mean looking back I couldn't have done it any other way, I just reach a point where I make a change. I've changed jobs about 7 times in 4 years. I've changed friends every few years . Etc etc etc

So do we Ne people ever settle? Im having a moment of clarity this evening wondering if I'm going to have the same amount of voluntary changes in all areas in the next 25 years...

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks for making me think. I'd love to say yes, but in fact I've never been stable, and I'm about to change everything once again.... I hope as they age? I'm still in my 20s...

Nicki

Retired
I think, really late in life, Si kicks in and Ne doms start desiring some form of stability.

S

Society

probably not.

next question (due to the different hat): do we burn out?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
probably not.

That's actually my next concern too. It's like duct tape being reused over and over. Every time I change everything I get a little more jaded. Every time I change friends I end up with a group a little smaller. Every time I move I'm "starting over" at a later life stage. Everytime I grow tired of a hobby im more tempted to just pick an easy hobby like binging netflix... Etc etc. can we keep this up?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
probably not.

That's actually my next concern too. It's like duct tape being reused over and over. Every time I change everything I get a little more jaded. Every time I change friends I end up with a group a little smaller. Every time I move I'm "starting over" at a later life stage. Everytime I grow tired of a hobby im more tempted to just pick an easy hobby like binging netflix... Etc etc. can we keep this up?

S

Society

i seem to have up-turns and down-turns, some groups bigger then the last, others smaller, hobbies get more and less productive in waves, but the bolded is the one constant so far: i am getting increasingly jaded.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I feel like my "settling" happens and will happen in some areas, but not others. Projects come and go but my broad interests remain fairly stable, and I get better at those the more I experience. My life philosophy is essentially the same as it always has been, of information flow free and love paramount, it just deepens and complicates. I am now in a long-term relationship that I hope will last my whole life, but I don't see it so much as settling as finding an adventure partner. There are possibilities inside of oneness...

Our threads can be traced in Ji-Si terms, not through Ne, as Ne is a directional push outward. I feel like the more I grow, the more I develop Fi-Si understanding of who I am and what I want my life to be like, and I'm learning better how to "surf" with Ne - the ocean is more powerful than you and you have to respect it, but if you understand it, you can harness its energy to get where you want to go. My personal struggle is less one of staying in one place and more one of deciding where I want to go.

Jaded can be good if it takes you away from what you're wasting energy on and what you don't deeply care about.