• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enthusiasm: Do you like it? Type related?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's a legitimate skill to be enthused and be able to enthuse others. Its probably one of my top skills.

S

Society

I experience myself as apathetic when others report seen me as enthusiastic. its all very confusing.

The enthusiasm of others can either fly really well or iritate the crap out of me, depending if its insperation source is something i relate too.

Velvet_Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
If it's forced enthusiasm, I definitely get annoyed. Like they're this rainbow, happy-colored, no-one-is-supposed-be-this-happy type of person who denies reality in favor of enthusiasm. That really annoys me because it is so forced and fake. If the person is naturally enthusiastic, let's-get-this-done type of person, I don't mind, and I do find it attractive. I myself, like other IxFPs it seems, have some trouble getting excited over things. I prefer to show it, though, than speak it when I do, as I think more people ought to do. (I think that's where my annoyance with over-enthusiastic people comes in.)

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unsure-Larry-David.gif

haha, i was going to post something similar to this. curb that shit!!!

larry david is an inspiration to me.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It really depends. I generally dislike hyper bubbliness. There is a certain kind of enthusiasm I find wearing. But sometimes I really like it. It's nice to sync excitement with others when it's natural & not coerced. I like when there's a genuine "me too" moment about something you love with someone else.

However, I do resent when people expect me to muster & show feeling over something I don't care about. It doesn't mean I am a grouch; I am simply am not moved. I don't really ask people to be excited for me, so it's not something I readily grasp that others need. It doesn't mean I don't care that they are happy or am trying to devalue it, but I don't feel emotion about it for someone else. It feels strained for me to express anything, then.

If I am genuinely moved or excited, then I will show enthusiasm, but sometimes I still like to go inward with the feeling. When I was younger I was either so content to swim around in my own feeling OR inhibited & mortified of appearing to care, because it felt very vulnerable, that I appeared to not care much at all. But I've gotten more comfortable & natural with expressing emotional responses, and sometimes I muster something so as not to offend.

When I'm really excited about something, I may hasten to be alone with it. If I'm really enthralled it's like everyone around me is blocked out anyway. I'm absorbed with the feeling & it doesn't occur to me to express it in the moment. I think I may have a small smile on my face, because people may notice & ask.

wolfy

awsm
Would you want to describe the excitement it gives?

Because I tend to respond well to excitement rather than being the one starting it. In general. So it gives me something to play from which is fun, and enthusiasm can create a more positive environment to work, create, play in.

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Enthusiasm definitely helps me do better work and gives me confidence. When I'm really enthusiastic about something I can run off at the mouth a bit, but most of my friendships are based on shared enthusiasm for our interests and the fact that we all love that enthusiasm in itself.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If I'm not bombarded, regardless of how or what over, I'm naturally in a zippy neighborly mode so any kind will beam me up. I might even play along if I feel it is feigned, or otherwise disregard.

"The sun is out--- hello hello, I also have two functioning legs."

Mole

Permabanned
Would you prefer to be as enthusiastic as an American, or as laconic as an Australian?