• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Quietest personality type?

• Thread starter Infinite Bubble
  • Start date

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Probably ISTJ, followed by INFP and INTP.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Introverts in general.:)

wolfy

awsm
I really don't get why people are saying ISFP. ISFP is actually known in some systems as an ambiverted type, meaning they show both introvert and extrovert traits.

That's what I think too. I feel like I am up and down, but I wouldn't say I am quiet.

I

Infinite Bubble

I've known a fair few ISFPs in the past and I think their Se allows them to become absorbed in the present and get involved. Apparently INJs can look quite extroverted at certain points due to aux-Je, but I'm not sure.

Puerto Espana

Being an introvert doesn't equal quiet/untalkative (or shy)...
But that is what introverts often come across as, because the focus is internal!
So introverts are generally quieter than extroverts. Maybe this can be said...
The most quiet introvert then? Depends on the person more than on the personality type.
Some INTPs are extremely quiet, others can talk like 20 minutes when they want to tell something...
ISTPs are probably usually quieter than INTPs, because they are more into doing things, not talking about things...
The Ti function is often so internal that such people pause to think...
ISFPs are often quiet and come across shy, but they are SFs after all... ISFPs aren't often really into talking...
INFPs are also quiet because of Fi... but they can be quite talkative.
ISTJs and ISFJs can be quiet but I don't know... ISFJs are at least chatty.
INTJs and INFJs are also quite talkative... depends, as intuitives maybe they are somewhat out of touch, in their thoughts...
Ni isn't the best function to operate in the moment with...

So my answer is ISTP. Or some INTP. Depends on the person. If the Fe is weak, they never say a word kind of.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's what I think too. I feel like I am up and down, but I wouldn't say I am quiet.

I'm still waiting for someone to talk to me. :sadbanana:

I :heart: talking!

Seriously, though... I've been dubbed as shy at first, but once I'm comfortable I'll talk someone to death... Ever since I was in kindergarten I got talks excessively marks on my report cards. :D

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think the shyest introvert is ISFP and the quietest introvert is ISTP. The least cool introvert though might be ISTJ and the least social introvert might be INTJ.

I guess it really depends on what we mean by 'quiet'.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think it's very situation-dependent. It's just that with introverts they generally have to have some reason to want to engage in talking, whereas at least ExxP extraverts get bored with situations that aren't externally stimulating enough so we talk to create/encourage new external stimuli, and ExxJs will tend to talk to assert themselves on their environments.

Of the introverts I personally know, I think the IxFPs tend to be the quietest, at least in the situations that we have been in together. That's not an objective assertion, though, just subjective experience to throw into the observation pot. It seems that Js and Ts more often have reasons to want to speak - either to structure / organize (J) or to encourage use of logic (T) - so they tend to pipe up more. And FJs do share the gift of Fe social smoothing via talking. IxFP talking seems more internally-prompted in general.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think it's very situation-dependent. It's just that with introverts they generally have to have some reason to want to engage in talking, whereas at least ExxP extraverts get bored with situations that aren't externally stimulating enough so we talk to create/encourage new external stimuli, and ExxJs will tend to talk to assert themselves on their environments.

Of the introverts I personally know, I think the IxFPs tend to be the quietest, at least in the situations that we have been in together. That's not an objective assertion, though, just subjective experience to throw into the observation pot. It seems that Js and Ts more often have reasons to want to speak - either to structure / organize (J) or to encourage use of logic (T) - so they tend to pipe up more. And FJs do share the gift of Fe social smoothing via talking. IxFP talking seems more internally-prompted in general.

For me its boredom. I'll talk about any random subject just to break up the monotony and make time go by faster. While I do enjoy silence on occasion... If it's silent all the time I'll go bat shit crazy. :D

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For me its boredom. I'll talk about any random subject just to break up the monotony and make time go by faster. While I do enjoy silence on occasion... If it's silent all the time I'll go bat shit crazy. :D

:laugh:! I think my ISTP brother does that too. He'll even start talking shit to stir things up, because he's bored. Maybe it's a P thing in general - probably more for ISxPs since you guys prefer the sensory stimuli, whereas the INxPs are probably online looking at anime. ;)

wolfy

awsm

I can do that. Often it is extra stimulation too.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP and ISFP

W

WALMART

Yeah, the strong silent type. We could argue for ISTx being this.

"Hi I reject Fe and have absolutely nothing to say to other people."

The Driver was so hot. I swear though he seemed to me to be a fictional cross between ISTP and ISTJ. He showed mostly Ti/Se in his professional skills and so forth, but his morality seemed very tertiary Fi, like he had this real soft spot for this woman he couldn't even be with; I would think an ISTP would find that fruitless and impractical, while an ISTJ would find it honorable, even if he didn't get laid as a result.

I reject your notion that ISTP's can't have moral imperatives.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I reject your notion that ISTP's can't have moral imperatives.

Agreed. The lone gunslinger; the ronin samurai. This is the crux of the fictional ISTP.
Silent, strong, stoic, honorable. Wanders the world alone, but will take up arms to protect the weak.

As The Driver proved: Inferior Fe ain't something bad guys wanna mess with.

KDude

lol.. I might have to retype. I'd like to protect the weak.. and I have.. but if things are stressful, I end up berating them. "Move you idiot!" "Damnit.. you're not crying, are you?" etc..

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
lol.. I might have to retype. I'd like to protect the weak.. and I have.. but if things are stressful, I end up berating them. "Move you idiot!" "Damnit.. you're not crying, are you?" etc..

The keyword is "fictional". The "lone-wandering samurai" is a popular archetype throughout cultures.
Such characters don't really exist in real life.

A real life ISTP would probably say: "Damaged goods--walking this way."

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The keyword is "fictional". The "lone-wandering samurai" is a popular archetype throughout cultures.
Such characters don't really exist in real life.

A real life ISTP would probably say: "Damaged goods--walking this way."

Thank you! For once we agree.

I think a lot of fictional motion picture archetypes are actually kind of ISTJP-ish.