• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm pretty biased on the types and functions, I probably need to be straightened out

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The way I understand MBTI types best is by associating them with people I know. Then, as I learn about the type I think about specific instances/behaviours in which the associated people share with each other and the description.

I apologize for these rude generalizations..I hope I don't offended anyone and I hope people can explain these to me (with examples) so I can understand them better so that I don't continue to relate flaws of people I know with things that every type or function does.

Te's are mean, cold and bossy
Fe's are sensitive, victimize themselves and try too hard to get people to like them, but to me it comes off as selfish- they just want to fulfill a need of acceptance

S's don't understand people, they seem more stupid than N's because they can't make connections or understand what events are about to unravel or about to occur. It seems like they don't know the consequences of their actions and they're not aware of actions they do or how they come off to people. They seem completely oblivious.

I don't understand Ni or INFJ's.

J's seem more overbearing and pushy.

Introverts are selfish.

I don't mean to offend anyone by this, I purely want to erase my biases and understand better. Thank you.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I don't mean to offend anyone by this, I purely want to erase my biases and understand better. Thank you.

I think the best starting point is to ask you a question;

Why are INFPs so judgmental of others?

Obviously this is a loaded question. Am I being fair to INFPs If I based my view off of your comment here? The next time I meet someone who shows a similar judgmental trait I'll see them as INFP... is that fair to that person or the type? Your best intentions aside, am I being fair in my judgment of you? I probably already judged you by the time I saw your INFP tag; is it fair that I dismissed your best intentions?

More directly, everything you listed has more to do with your personal interpretation. Te's are "mean" and "bossy", often because they are role driven and look to complete things. You are, essentially, just sensitive (from their perspective). Another T is less likely to see it that way. The Fe you use is another good example of trait strength. You (all of us) want to be liked; if you define Fe to include it so strongly, they just want it more than you. Hence why I say the judgmental part in regards to your type; it's not really true, it's just how another would see you.

In a classic ISTP style of harshness (heh): If you have issues with every other function/type, it's probably not them...

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I think the best starting point is to ask you a question;

Why are INFPs so judgmental of others?

Obviously this is a loaded question. Am I being fair to INFPs If I based my view off of your comment here? The next time I meet someone who shows a similar judgmental trait I'll see them as INFP... is that fair to that person or the type? Your best intentions aside, am I being fair in my judgment of you? I probably already judged you by the time I saw your INFP tag; is it fair that I dismissed your best intentions?

More directly, everything you listed has more to do with your personal interpretation. Te's are "mean" and "bossy", often because they are role driven and look to complete things. You are, essentially, just sensitive (from their perspective). Another T is less likely to see it that way. The Fe you use is another good example of trait strength. You (all of us) want to be liked; if you define Fe to include it so strongly, they just want it more than you. Hence why I say the judgmental part in regards to your type; it's not really true, it's just how another would see you.

In a classic ISTP style of harshness (heh): If you have issues with every other function/type, it's probably not them...

If I am in trouble, I employ an ESTJ. Immediately.
He has not only the answers. He goes through thick and thin to execute them.
Call it mean, cold and bossy. Underdogs beware. :D

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
If I am in trouble, I employ an ESTJ. Immediately.
He has not only the answers. He goes through thick and thin to execute them.
Call it mean, cold and bossy. Underdogs beware. :D

Yup. And being the not-a-TJ that needs-to-be-a-TJ, I appreciate how incredibly annoying it is to have people complain about pushy or cold or bossy. It's not even my nature and I get pissed off at how bad (a large amount of) people are... now, if you'll excuse me, I've only gotten about 40% through Reddits content today. :dry:

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My post didn't really make sense. I don't know what I was asking. I wanted explanations so that I could stop viewing the functions badly. I only ended up pointing out flaws though. I just need to focus on strengths of people and view them as their own individual self, not associating them with other people's flaws or anything. I'm sorry for being offensive. I'll try to make up for it..

Te's are incredible. They run the world with their boundaries, efficiency and organization. I don't know where my family would be without our dominant Te father.
Fe's are kind. They may seem fake to me, but that's just because I'm an Fi so I feel that they're not being authentic or they're trying to hard, when really it's just the way they are. Three of my four best friends are dominant Fe, they are so outgoing, nice, including and accepting of others. If the world didn't have dominant Fe types, there would be a lot more lonely people.
S's aren't stupid, they just understand the world much different than N's. Sensors keep intuitive types grounded. They can live in the present and enjoy life. They notice details. 8 of the 16 types are sensors, so it was ignorant of me to make such a mean generalization about all of them.
J's keep the world running smoothly, without them, the world would be quite chaotic.
Introverts seem selfish to me because we're in our own world a lot and not as active in the real world. But if everyone was as active in the world as extroverts, then there'd be a problem. Introverts have a lot to offer even though they may not be as expressive as extroverts.
My previous post was ignorant, mean and hurtful. I didn't mean for it to be, but that's what it was. I apologize for just pointing out everyone's flaws. I love each type and they are important to our world, no type is better than one.

S

SingSmileShine

Most introverts I know are rather selfless. In fact, the most selfish people I know are generally extraverts.

My boyfriend is an ISTJ and he understands people remarkably well! The only person who understands them better is me. XD

I think that they're common generalizations, but remember: there are good and bad sides to every type, and every person, and every type and person is very diverse within itself. :newwink:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Free your mind from typing. See people as people. When you do that, you can look at the functions more objectively.