• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typewatching: How well do you guess other's types?

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear.....

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah--ya wanna catch 'em before the cynicism of old middle age settles in....

Course, with Gen Xers, that happened around age 10, so we're really hard to type. ;)
Hah! Ain't that the truth!

sundowning

MBTI Type
ISTP
Male ESTPs are easy to spot.

Same with male ENTPs. Just look for someone who's acting like an ESTP, but wears glasses and has involved some sort of an electronic gadget into his actions/conversation.

Female ISFJs are super easy.

Non-stereotypical gender-type matches are hard, though.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know how accurate I am, because I've never had someone take the test after I guessed their type (only before).

I find that I have the most ease/feel more confident identifying XNFPs, XNFJs and XNTJs, but I could be totally bullshitting, I have no idea.

Also I'm very uncertain of my ability to tell N vs. S unless the person happens to fit strongly into a type I know reasonably well (ie ISTP, INFJ). And even then it's all very fuzzy.

Alesia

MBTI Type
INFP
Same with male ENTPs. Just look for someone who's acting like an ESTP, but wears glasses and has involved some sort of an electronic gadget into his actions/conversation.

Lol!:laugh: That describes my previous ENTP boss to a tee! And he always had to have the latest and greatest. "Give me the Cadillac" was a common expression of his. I'll have to keep a look out for the clue.;)

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
In my experience, I'm fairly poor at identifying them. I, too, have a problem with discerning ESTPs/ENTPs.

As a result of my serious introversion, I don't know enough people in person to get a proper picture, but I do know that my type is pretty hard to identify.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
You know, when I first started trying to match people to their types, I would make mistakes all the time. I mistyped several coworkers pretty badly. The biggest problem was that I didn't have much experience, and would jump to conclusions.

I think a good way to type a person is to start with the temperament -- SJ, SP, NF or NT -- then go through descriptions of each of the types to find what you think is the best match. Some people are more difficult than others.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
It should be pretty easy to spot the difference between an ENTP and an ESTP. Each type's way of receiving information from the world, N and S, is very pronounced.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It should be pretty easy to spot the difference between an ENTP and an ESTP. Each type's way of receiving information from the world, N and S, is very pronounced.

You a mind reader, how does one see how someone else receives information?

You have to guess based on what they do with the information.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Not in EXTPs. They're quite enigmatic...

EXTJs are also a little bit difficult to discern between, but you can usually do it based on what they do with their input and how they structure things around them. My aunt is obviously an ESTJ, but her S is not absolute, so there are times when I'll see her use intuition. The other things she does and the way she manages her house gives away her S preference, though. My mother is, sadly, likely ISFJ, though not too strong in the I (definitely more E than any of the rest of us), S (this annoys me greatly), and J (obviously there, obviously not too strong). I've realized that as people get older their preferences blur a bit, they learn to think in a wider array of ways, and use some to fit in, get ahead, shield themselves, or merely endure life. This makes it much harder to type people.

Dufresne

MBTI Type
INFP
I read in a typewatching book that it is easiest to spot J/P, but I think this is the hardest. This trait defines a lot of you, but it seems mostly internal. I can tell I am a P because I notice how I all of a sudden start thinking of something only vaguely connected to the previous thing, but nobody else sees that. I usually only identify someone as J/P after I have gotten the other three.

Can anyone relate?

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
Eyebyte (from INTPc ... soon here, I hope) and I have typed over 50 Hooters waitresses for MBTI using a system of 5-10 questions. We have about 75% accuracy rate when we point them to the online tests and have them self-evaluate with literature. Since we are geeks, it is something we do while drinking beer and hanging out. Some of the girls, especially the NFs, really enjoy the typing. We even found one NT Hooters waitress. Most are SP or SJ however.

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
Eyebyte (from INTPc ... soon here, I hope) and I have typed over 50 Hooters waitresses for MBTI using a system of 5-10 questions. ... Since we are geeks, it is something we do while drinking beer and hanging out.

NH, my local NT group assembles at the waterhole and the last thing we'd do would be type waitresses! :D

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
NH, my local NT group assembles at the waterhole and the last thing we'd do would be type waitresses! :D

What can I say ... you know us ... it is one of the few "interesting" things we have going for us. Eyebyte can be quite entertaining after a pitcher or two.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I've gotten into the stage where I think I'm as wrong as I can be in terms of typing people. To type is to put them into boxes... I've missed way too many similairies between different "types" of people and too many differences between the same "type" of people.

In general, I can do ENTJ, INTJ, ESFJ, ESTP, ENTP, ISFJ.... strangely I can't do INFJ nor INFP even though the two should technically be more familiar to me. I often cannot differentiate between N/S and T/F in them because I see too many inconsistencies in myself to confidently stick them in a temperment.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Knowing that I wear a constant mask in public and don't allow people to get to really know me, I don't even make attempts to type others since they're probably wearing mask to some point, also.

Alesia

MBTI Type
INFP
Eyebyte (from INTPc ... soon here, I hope) and I have typed over 50 Hooters waitresses for MBTI using a system of 5-10 questions. We have about 75% accuracy rate when we point them to the online tests and have them self-evaluate with literature. Since we are geeks, it is something we do while drinking beer and hanging out. Some of the girls, especially the NFs, really enjoy the typing. We even found one NT Hooters waitress. Most are SP or SJ however.

Lol! Hanging out at Hooters. That just gave me an idea. There's a gay or not gay bar where really hunky men dance on the bar in bikinis, here in Neuava Orleans. I'm wondering if I could go up to them and ask them about testing? :D

What are the 5-10 questions? I'm curious. Can I just assume they're all SPs? ;) And how do I know about this place you ask? You have no idea! My Ne curiosity gets me in the strangest places. ;) It exceeds my common sense.

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
What are the 5-10 questions? I'm curious. Can I just assume they're all SPs? ;) And how do I know about this place you ask? You have no idea! My Ne curiosity gets me in the strangest places. ;) It exceeds my common sense.

Oh, gay bars are da bomb, baby! :nice: