• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anyone care to weigh in on Ne vs NiSe at work?

Standuble

Yea see I never feel its good to procrastinate and when I do it it's hard for me to stop. So the realization that its bad never happens because to m it's always been a negative thing in my mind. I have to be jolted out of it.

That sounds like a J if ever I saw one. P's like procrastination if it allows them to stay open to new possibilities or opportunities.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
@iNtrovert, I don't have much of a way to explain this but you speak INFJ. It's like Ti writing. It's harder for me to understand, takes me a few times to go through and trace the logic. You're an INFJ, there's no doubt.

Ne users will gain intuitions based on direct experience in an environment in that moment. Its there. From what I understand they're objective even though Ne users in my opinion tend to be the most narcissistic and full of themsleves because these "unseen" things can often be pulled straight out of their ass. This is why there's a clear difference when ESTP's walk what they talk, in comparison to ENTP's who just tell everyone how fantastic they are at everything with no real clear proof.

Well, ENxPs do tend to be bullshitters, lol, but there's also curious kind of suspension of disbelief that goes along with running Ne information, where you kind of ride the wave-tips as fast as they arise, and for the moment, you are that information, you understand it, embody it, become it, and then you leave what's not useful of it behind, integrating it into your conceptual schema. It's not really about narcissism or being full of yourself as much as it is you're simply swept up in the concept and you're excited by the concept and you completely become the concept, much like an ESxP completely becomes the action or the music - ExxPs have this way of becoming the process, inhabiting it and then leaving it behind as we travel on to new things. It's just that ENxPs are riding conceptual information, which isn't as available to see tangibly, so you can't see all those theoretical strings that the ENxP followed to get to the information that's being "pulled out of their ass" - it's not, really, it followed a very long and complex line of thought, it's just not visible to non-Ne'ers. And then other people sort of freak out because you seem to completely drop whatever you just "believed" in, but you never really believed it, you just had to take it all in to get the most from it, and you're still travelling that line of information that took you there in the first place.

Antimony said:
"Let's talk about the similarities between beavers and clouds. Beavers float in water and clouds float in air. So for fish beavers are like clouds."

:rofl1: Accurate.

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
@iNtrovert, I don't have much of a way to explain this but you speak INFJ. It's like Ti writing. It's harder for me to understand, takes me a few times to go through and trace the logic. You're an INFJ, there's no doubt.

Well that's a first( the speaking Ti thing not being told i'm an INFJ). I actually give this more merit because it's not based on what I said but how I said it..... On 2nd thought this is not the first time I have been told I write in Ti. I think [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] told me I write in Ti when I was responding to a thread about the use of Ti lol

All in all I think I've settled on INFJ as well. It was just so important for me to be typed accurately. I needed to know for sure and that made me 2nd guess my own instinct. I feel a lot better about it. I just didn't want to wake up one morning and realize I was actually an INFP and have that "Everythingggg I knowww is a lieeee!" feeling. lol

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting, given that INFPs have both Si and Te.

Yes, but those are the weakest functions. I can memorize details and such (and will notice slight changes), giving pretty detailed accounts of events, but I can't remember dates and such things.

Edit: I meant that I can remember why events in history, for example, happened, but I can't remember the small details. The same holds true for science; I think that it's my disinterest in details that makes me overlook them.

It's all about speaking their language. That is what I have found, at least. I tend to use black and white knowledge to explain things, and ask a series of yes or no questions to get them to understand my logic. Such as:

Is the sky blue?

Yes

Is blue pretty?

Yes.

If the sky is blue, and blue is pretty, the sky must be pretty in your eyes.

Hm...I'll try that.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
p types think in terms of stories. j types think in terms of frames.

j types often remember general knowledge more than they remember the specific details of what happened to them. they don't rely on temporal organization to remember shit. they remember dates, words, encyclopedias, general knowledge, cultural knowledge, etc. p types, when they read, picture stuff. they imagine real objects. they populate the idea with things they've actually experienced. j types just say the words and voila! the grammar will sort itself out and eventually it will mean something. eventually concepts emerge and we use them to magnify and look through them, as mirror images and lenses to see other ones. when i taught writing, a lot of times the j types would just use a bunch of cliches and figures of speech and i would say, what does that mean, and they wouldn't know. they wouldn't actually be able to get down to anything that was a concrete experience. being descriptive was harder for them, because they let go of the details of their experience in favor of commonplaces that might capture parts of it. p types, on the other hand, often struggled to translate their experience into grammatically readable sentences. they'd have a weird starting point and just get carried away on a circuitous path of experience that exhibited no sentence hierarchy whatsoever.

anyway, that's my completely random, weird way of drawing a distinction that's not the old obscure tropes about "planning" or "not planning." if anything, j types spend more time gathering resources to make predictions, whereas p types spend more time testing the waters step by step (<--example of weird figure of speech that doesn't actually make sense).

W

WALMART

well when you say it like that .....lol

I didn't understand the thought process of a P when I was considering it. Now after hearing the evaluation and decision process of P type if I lived like that i'd go nuts lol.
See I thought that just because I go through cycles of procrastinate on occasion and my room isn't always the cleanest P might be a possibility. What I learned from this thread is a P is reevaluating what is important on a greater than or less than scale and making the decision not to do something. I on the other hand when I am overwhelmed I still feel like getting my work done is the most important thing. I just can't bring myself to do it because I don't have the mental capacity to. When I procrastinate the whole time I'm thinking "you should be doing your work" . I start self loathing. I get more stressed out and more mentally depleted. Then I procrastinate more because I'm stressed out about procrastinating lol. I get locked into a cycle. I feel like a P wouldn't do that as much. They have made the decision based on what is important to them. They have reevaluated the principal so they probably wouldn't experience the anxiety that comes with acting against a principal . I on the other hand I would be acting against my principal causing me great stress and anxiety. That's why I said I'd need to be committed lol.

Do I have that right or is my understanding of P still off?

It sounds about fair. It's funny, I must have overlooked the bolded because I was going to launch into a little piece about P's probably justifying in thier minds why they are procrastinating, or something. I don't speak for all, but I know in school I would know darn well I wasn't going to do my homework and I knew darn well how shitty I was going to feel in class when I didn't have anything to turn in. I just didn't care, I'd go ride bikes all evening and sleep like a rock, wake up with everything feeling fine up until that class. Then I'd feel shitty when the situation was directly in front of me, but as soon as the anxiety of me not turning anything in passed I was back to being just dandy.

So yeah. P's and J's can definitely both procrastinate, particularly from lack of will.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, but those are the weakest functions. I can memorize details and such (and will notice slight changes), giving pretty detailed accounts of events, but I can't remember dates and such things.

Edit: I meant that I can remember why events in history, for example, happened, but I can't remember the small details. The same holds true for science; I think that it's my disinterest in details that makes me overlook them.

Hm...I'll try that.

That's very interesting to me. Si is my last function (and I hated Si till I truly understood it) but I have always been really good at memorizing a lot of stupid facts and recognizing past patterns. The why part of remembering comes from the intuitive function. I tend to remember the why much better, but I am also good at remembering mundane details. Well, unless they are imminently important :laugh:

Ex: Doctor's appt at 11:00 am.

Two days later: what time was I supposed to go again?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've taken several functions tests. Usually Ne is somewhat higher than Ni but I have taken one that put Ni higher than Ne. You can't always go by tests.

The one test I took was really good, but it is hard to find. After understanding Ne and Ni, I definitely know I am way more Ne.

Do you know if you are introverted or extroverted?

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's very interesting to me. Si is my last function (and I hated Si till I truly understood it) but I have always been really good at memorizing a lot of stupid facts and recognizing past patterns. The why part of remembering comes from the intuitive function. I tend to remember the why much better, but I am also good at remembering mundane details. Well, unless they are imminently important :laugh:

Ex: Doctor's appt at 11:00 am.

Two days later: what time was I supposed to go again?

Yes, I can remember them (I tend to pick up slight changes - such as a slight change in hair colour due to dye - and recall these months later), but there's a bunch of stuff that just never enters my head completely.:D I was sent to do something with the laundry once (can't remember what). I say "Ok", took a few steps towards the washing machine, came back, and asked what I was supposed to do because I forgot.:D But I can remember details of conversations after months - I will astound people by bringing back a topic from a year ago that they had completely forgotten about :D.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My understanding is that Ni attempts to distill patterns and their sense of reality to core concepts from which all other concepts can generate. You could think of this structure of ideas as resembling a fractal pattern. Se is subject to this larger thought structure, so there are fewer preconceived notions about it.

Ne is more fluid and examines relationships between concepts in more configurations and could be thought of more like a chain of concepts or an asymmetrical web of associations and interrelationships of ideas. Perhaps Si grounds these structures a bit more by providing a more internalized notion of the concrete world over which these more abstract, intuitive patterns can reconfigure?

Hopefully that doesn't sound like too much nonsense. I think Ne has an easier time readjusting to new information to revise its associations, but is less likely to make solid conclusions. Ni is slow to build or rebuild its internal structures and when it is wrong, it can be completely wrong and when correct, quite insightful. I've had to completely rebuild my Ni concept of reality once and it took years. It was a rather overwhelming process.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
" If in conversation Se is taking in objective external stimuli and Ni is also at work what would that look like? How do you measure the disparity between NiSe at work v Ne. If Ne is objectively intuiting external stimuli and NiSe is subjectively intuiting external stimuli what does that look like? How does that manifest itself in conversation?"

any takers?
Ne is not "objectively intuiting external stimuli"
NiSe is meaningless.

Fwiw, you sound more like an INFJ.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is something of a throwaway anecdote, but I've recently observed a couple of extreme Ni-doms who are strongly intuitive/abstract, and who seek out correlations and patterns to distill down to core concepts. These people, including myself to some extent, are especially Ni-dominant. Some INJs strongly use their Fe or Te and can seem very structured and intense. The Ni focused types can be extremely laid back and low energy externally - possibly moreso than the Ti or Fi doms.

The extreme Ne-doms are the opposite, having continual energy that is outward focused, creative, and takes you on a imaginative head-trip that feels like a roller-coaster.

The strongly Ni-doms are pretty rare, I think, and I don't think people realize just how laid back such people can be.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The one test I took was really good, but it is hard to find. After understanding Ne and Ni, I definitely know I am way more Ne.

Do you know if you are introverted or extroverted?

Pretty strong introvert

Yes, I can remember them (I tend to pick up slight changes - such as a slight change in hair colour due to dye - and recall these months later), but there's a bunch of stuff that just never enters my head completely.:D I was sent to do something with the laundry once (can't remember what). I say "Ok", took a few steps towards the washing machine, came back, and asked what I was supposed to do because I forgot.:D But I can remember details of conversations after months - I will astound people by bringing back a topic from a year ago that they had completely forgotten about :D.

I relate to all of this too. The more personally relevant something is to me, the more likely it's going to stick in my memory. I too, can pick up on slight changes in things. Sometimes it's difficult to accurately articulate that change but I know it looks or feels somehow different than it once was.

I also have things that completely escape my notice. I think it might be more lack of interest or attention on my part than due to weak sensing. I too will have absent minded moments where I'll go to the washing machine and come back forgetting what it was I was supposed to do. Not sure if it's all that type related because everyone, even dominant sensing types have their absent minded moments.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not sure if it's all that type related because everyone, even dominant sensing types have their absent minded moments.

Agreed, but this seems to play out more in INxx, I've noticed (though I think I've seen it amongst ISxx quite a lot as well).

G

garbage

Perhaps Ni/Se can be thought of as a balance between "it is what it is" and "what is it, really"? The former begs the latter, but the former can also answer the latter.
Also -- It's a psyche battle and eventual reconciliation between mindsets of, oh,

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" --Attributed to Freud (people contest that attribution, but who gives a crap

vs.

300px-MagrittePipe.jpg

("This is not a pipe.")​

Ah, smoking.