• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typology without types?

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
"Typology becomes a hindrance rather than a useful tool, the moment that you begin to 'identify' with a particular 'type', rather than seeing it as a warning of what you could become if you submit to your weaknesses".

Source:

Discuss.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
"To win, you have to be more than who you are"

Source:

R

Riva

So don't submit to your so called weaknesses.

Whenever I identify with my MBTI associated weaknesses I try to remind myself these and deal with these, constantly.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
So don't submit to your so called weaknesses.

Whenever I identify with my MBTI associated weaknesses I try to remind myself these and deal with these, constantly.

So you agree with the OP, by the sounds of it.

I was not asking for personal advice, it's an observation.

hazelsees

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm new at this, but: I felt less alien when my test results came back (we had a thing at work with a facilitator). I guess I identify with an INFJ type now, but maybe that's because I'm looking for an identity. (I took a couple of enneagram tests on my own and came back as a 4 and 4's are all about identity, right?) I don't think it's a hindrance, I think it's useful. I'm not the only one! is how I feel. It could become a hindrance if you don't work on your weaknesses and just say, "well, I'm an INFJ and I'm just this way--I can't help it". Instead of using it as a tool to play up strengths and feel good about those and work on areas that you're weaker.
I hope that makes sense. I had a glass of wine and I'm all fuzzy.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
I don't think it's a hindrance, I think it's useful. I'm not the only one! is how I feel.

I had another INFJ tell me a similair feeling rleated to MBTI.

I guess it might make some people feel better in that way, but, I can't identify, because testing as the same type as someone doesn't mean you will have the same worldview as them.

I agree with feeling part of a group of like-minded people, it's nice. :) I just think MBTI is a poor basis for that.

I hope it works out for you, I just think those attempts end in failure.

Whenever someone starts a post saying, "NO you don't UNDERSTAND, us xxxx DON'T DO THAT"...I feel like:doh: There is no "us" in typology, it's just about understanding individuals. IMO

I hope that makes sense. I had a glass of wine and I'm all fuzzy.

I hope you enjoyed it. Red or white? If you would like some reccomendation, speak to me, it's one of my specialities.:newwink:

And as they say, in vinum veritas...so thanks for your input and good luck with your MBTI journey. Whatever problems, I hope it will be a step in the right direction.:bye:

hazelsees

MBTI Type
INFJ
I had another INFJ tell me a similair feeling rleated to MBTI.

I guess it might make some people feel better in that way, but, I can't identify, because testing as the same type as someone doesn't mean you will have the same worldview as them.

I agree with feeling part of a group of like-minded people, it's nice. :) I just think MBTI is a poor basis for that. I hope it works out for you, I just think those attempts end in failure.

Whenever someone starts a post saying, "NO you don't UNDERSTAND, us xxxx DON'T DO THAT"...I feel like:doh: There is no "us" in typology, it's just about understanding individuals. IMO

I hope you enjoyed it. Red or white? If you would like some reccomendation, speak to me, it's one of my specialities.:newwink:

And as they say, in vinum veritas...so thanks for your input and good luck with your MBTI journey. Whatever problems, I hope it will be a step in the right direction.:bye:

I only know of 2 other INFJs in real life -- one male and one female. The male was my BFF in high school and we recently reconnected. We have a lot in common but our upbringings were very different. We get along so well and can share our deep and darkest secrets with each other. I love him. As a brother. A twin brother.

The female is a new friend. We are a lot alike, but also very different. Our upbringings were very similar. It probably has something to do with enneagram, which I know very little about. She is probably a 1. And she is good and well-behaved.
I recently took the tests and came back as a 4 with 6 and 9 slightly behind. I'm not so good. I'm naughty sometimes. Anyway, I am so at ease around her and we have a camaraderie that is very enjoyable.

Red! I love red!
I don't like the overly sweet wines that most gals like.
Please give some recommendations! :happy0065: