• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do intuitors live in the moment?

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
Do you create future plans or possibilities and hope to live or create them someday? Do you just daydream and enjoy it for all of the imaginative possibilities and brainstorms?

This might be a stupid question, but it was on my mind earlier.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Mindfullness. Turn off your brain, stop planning and thinking and focus on the immediate. Brush your teeth in the morning? Focus on doing the best brush job you've ever done! Don't forget 30 secs minimum per quadrant!

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
+1

Ni/Ti loops are ugh. And it saps my Se, making me feel sluggish. I have to consciously turn off my Ni sometimes so Se can take the lead. But if I do, I feel so much better, because otherwise I'd introvert too much, and living in the moment has its place. Sometimes. :)

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
Mindfullness. Turn off your brain, stop planning and thinking and focus on the immediate. Brush your teeth in the morning? Focus on doing the best brush job you've ever done! Don't forget 30 secs minimum per quadrant!

This reminds me of things I have tried to do in the past....I can't pinpoint them, I just fuzzily remember.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I am often in my head, and this often entails contemplation of my dissatisfaction with the world, or with myself. But...I have noticed, that when I stop thinking (overthinking) I am happy, because of the sun, or the breeze, or clouds passing overhead, or for no discernable reason, and I experience a frisson of joy and ecstasy...
I was raised by an atheist, but I am beginning to feel that feelings of a spiritual nature are an intrinsic part of the human condition. So I have been led to believe by several experiences, and dreams/visions, that all imply that the unconscious is an ordered place, and that this order is too stable to be a misinterpretation of an isolated circumstance.
And if this order is real, from what is it derived?
So I find myself in a liminal space, between the conventions of culture and time, and a new realization, wherein the dissociation from and denial of things unseen, is no longer satifying, and therefore no longer acceptable as an explanation of reality.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here's a vision of mine taken from the thread on my dream-world:

I will wish there exists some level of creation above and beyond the physical world. Here I envision a new world illuminated by the ultimate divine light power. It would be a portal into the great mental monuments of our minds. These would be reflected in this world with complete manifestation. All the souls here are unified like the stars of the firmament with bonds unbreakable. Each and every living entity respects the individuality and freedom life must share together. The beauty of this place far exceeds that of the physical world. Pain and suffering have been annihilated altogether. This has resulted from a never ending quest for universal enlightenment and the world peace that followed. Along this journey was discovered the ultimate divine light power. This illuminating force flows from the heavenly source all throughout creation. Existence flowers from this mighty life sustaining stream. From it all things spring into being and can be at will controlled. Tapping into it requires one to search for the true self. Only within will complete transcendence be accomplished. A fully self-mastered mind is liberated from all limitations. One with such might would reach the supreme level of perfection. Perfection is a state of no restrictions. Possibilities without end can be realized with all promise by such a mind. Cosmology and the course the human race takes could be directed at command. Our destinies would take shape and shine by the glories of our achievements. Such a place where wonders like these could be wrought into being could be called Heaven.

So yes, as the above passage would imply, I do indeed take great pleasure in brainstorming the ever-shifting currents of possibility, in imagination of the image for perfection.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This reminds me of things I have tried to do in the past....I can't pinpoint them, I just fuzzily remember.

Like most things, you will not be good at doing this initially and you will "tire" easily. Keep at it and with repitition will come mastery.

I drink coffee, which gives me opportunities to be "mindful". i.e. Ahhhhh, this cup of coffee is sooo good, I like coffee, mmmmm, it's tasty. For a few minutes, my brain is not working, I do not allow myself to worry, plan or think critically while I am drinking that first cup of coffee in the morning. It's all about the coffee.

By the way it's healthy to remember why you are grateful of things. Couple that with the mindfullness and continuing with the coffee theme... I sure am glad I have this coffee, I know a lot of people do not have these kind of luxuries, poor people, incarcerated people etc.

Standuble

I never truly live in the moment even though technically it is my domain. My interaction with the environment has a certain indescribable dreamlike quality to it which fluctuates in its intensity, right this very moment it is on its "standard" mode (which is just short of my artistic mode and introspection modes where I lose myself almost completely and the other where I feel as if I am in zero gravity.) I would say its like being in a room where inaudible white noise is being pumped into it; on a frequency where your brain just about detects it but doesn't hear anything. It becomes a natural quality to perception rather than a distraction (the bigger distraction would be its absence.)

Perhaps its what stoners and potheads feel. I would not know as I do not drugs. I most likely have ADHD or some derivative condition.

The effect hampers my ability to interact and enjoy myself with anything that does not involve my thoughts. Everything is there but not truly concrete and when the moment has passed the layers of the experience are re-explored with view of different angles takes place and I learn of something new which I did not perceive "in the moment." I think of myself being ever so out of phase with the rest of existence, I do not really feel the sun on my face or the rain in my hair though I am sensitive to the hot and the cold most of the time.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For me to most easily live in the moment and turn things off in my head, it requires my doing certain activities - whether being active, and exercising, or being out in nature, away from everything, or whilst traveling and being in a new environment/location, and the act of immersing turns me on to the wonders of just Being. Other sensory things..taking pleasure in a really good meal and a glass of wine, or a cooking class, or things like that.

It's less easy for me to do this on my own - to will myself into this state - but it's not impossible. It just means I often don't focus on doing this, or get lulled into thinking I 'need' to not do it, and 'need' to keep thinking about something. It's usually after mentally and physically wearing myself out if I've been in my head too long, and finally reaching a 'F*ck It' state internally, that I'm able to let go and be in the moment. I don't effectively short-circuit that process often enough, though.

Permabanned
By the power of Mystical Cosmic Forces. It's the only way, and only accessible to Special Intuitives. Inferior Sensors can't even fathom how to grasp it really. Better to to worry your little head with if. Carry on now. :coffee:

Last edited:
W

WALMART

I rely on positive thinking and occasional recreational drug use. My productivity comes in bouts.

I

Infinite Bubble

Most of the time when I'm living in the moment I'm under stress (the exception being travelling). Which is a shame.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
By the power of Mystical Cosmic Forces. It's the only way, and only accessible to Special Intuitives. Inferior Sensors can't even fathom how to grasp it really. Better to to worry your little head with if. Carry on now. :coffee:

Don't make me use my Fe! someone might get hurt, probably me *shrug*

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis

Well those 40 posts of mine made it pretty obvious. :p

MBTI Type
Mann
Do you create future plans or possibilities and hope to live or create them someday? Do you just daydream and enjoy it for all of the imaginative possibilities and brainstorms?

This might be a stupid question, but it was on my mind earlier.

I turn off the lights and get into bed with my headphones on. Then I try to feel every part of my body and to get in tune with it. Seems to make me more mindful of more than my inner world.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5 sec at a time with extreme concentration.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What motivation would an intuitor have for living in the moment?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What motivation would an intuitor have for living in the moment?

There are certain sensation type experience that are more enjoyable that way.

I've found that it requires much concentration. Which means that well probably never experience it the same.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yoga, sex, running, the ocean, showers, massages, kissing, coffee, car rides, hugs, soulful atmospheric 80s music, exploring new places, talking to my SJ.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Playing video games, of course. Must be a game of the ''you blink, you die'' variety though.

And the soundtrack must help. Kinda like this: