• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What function does this sound like?

I

Infinite Bubble

I do this thing a lot where I'll stare (not at anything in particular) while thinking or something. My mother does this a lot too. In a trance-like state. Visibly zoned out but still subtly aware of my environment. Usually the thinking accompanying it is in terms of small videos and concepts/ideas, rather than actual sentences. I've had people snap their fingers in front of my face because of this. What function could this be? Anyone else do this?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Intense meditative visualization where you center yourself in the mind is generally in line with Ni.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think it has to be any function. All INXX's can be described as being "stuck in their heads" at times, or daydreaming; and people tend to do this when they are in this kind of state. I mean, if you're paying attention to your environment you're not focusing on what's in your mind; and if your eyes are open and you're not paying attention, you're staring at nothing in particular.

As far as it could be associated with anything, maybe it's an introvert thing, or an intuitive thing- or an intuitive function paired with introversion.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Doesn't really sound like a function thing to me, but I think arguments could be made for some kind of Ni/e function.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't try to label your cognitive processes because if you view them as "in conflict" with other cognitive processes then you won't access them simultaneously.

W

WALMART

I've thought about it; I'm sure Ni'ers would like to claim it for their own.

I've found it to be signs of Ti, (maybe even its cousin, Fi) from those I've spoken to.

Unless you wanna call it Ti/Ni, then I'm all for it.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Though very similar things can happen for all the types, the particular flavor you seem to be talking about is fairly often associated with Ni.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I do this thing a lot where I'll stare (not at anything in particular) while thinking or something.

I was told that i do this and I have Ne. It's a strong IN thing for sure in my opinion.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Though very similar things can happen for all the types, the particular flavor you seem to be talking about is fairly often associated with Ni.
It is more accurate to see the behavior as a sign of Ni than to attribute it to a specific type. Many types use Ni. (Same goes for Ti, if that applies.)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It is more accurate to see the behavior as a sign of Ni than to attribute it to a specific type. Many types use Ni. (Same goes for Ti, if that applies.)

Yes, sign rather than actual function, that's what I just said :tongue: Though I also do see this to be more characteristic of Ni dom types than of those with it auxiliary, tertiary, etc.

R

Riva

Lolz at snapping fingers part. It's probably a Ni but this doesn't mean only NJs do it. I do this myself 'but' mostly have sentences and dialogues. I end up talking to myself and laughing at my imaginary conversations.

I

Infinite Bubble

Sort of confirmed my suspicions. I was thinking Ni, perhaps Ti.

Lolz at snapping fingers part. It's probably a Ni but this doesn't mean only NJs do it. I do this myself 'but' mostly have sentences and dialogues. I end up talking to myself and laughing at my imaginary conversations.

Same. I usually end up arguing with myself though. Can get rather annoying. You can't exactly tell yourself to go away.

I was told that i do this and I have Ne. It's a strong IN thing for sure in my opinion.

Huh. I thought Ne would dart around the room a lot more, 'searching' for patterns etc.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Unless you wanna call it Ti/Ni, then I'm all for it.

Or Ni/Ti, but we would need more information on [MENTION=17266]Infinite Bubble[/MENTION] as well as the differences between Ti/Ni and Ni/Ti to make a good typing judgment; and I'm siding with the latter, Ni/Ti, since Ti/Ni has Se in between (and Infinite Bubble doesn't strike me as the outer awareness type), but of course I could be wrong, so feel free to make an argument (anybody) either way.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Introverts will do it more than extroverts. I can't really say it's Ni, as I do something similar, and I have Ne. However, I'm genuinely aware of my environment, such that I focus on both thoughts and others around me.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
yea sounds a lot like dom Ni, but impossible to know for sure

I

Infinite Bubble

Or Ni/Ti, but we would need more information on [MENTION=17266]Infinite Bubble[/MENTION] as well as the differences between Ti/Ni and Ni/Ti to make a good typing judgment; and I'm siding with the latter, Ni/Ti, since Ti/Ni has Se in between (and Infinite Bubble doesn't strike me as the outer awareness type), but of course I could be wrong, so feel free to make an argument (anybody) either way.

Most likely INFJ, so Ni/Ti. Can't imagine Se being higher than Ni either.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok then, so now we just need to start gathering evidence and making arguments for your INFJness - do you know where to start; are you just going to stop here?

G

Glycerine

Dang, if it's associated with Ni dom/ introverts, I must sure use it a lot. There is no way I'm INFJ. :)