• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is known about 50/50 Extroversion / Introversion?

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
You have to get down to what I/E means exactly. Introversion is a preference for saving energy, and spending it when they're "full" or when necessary. And gaining more by recharging by being with themselves or doing something that they really enjoy. Extroversion is more of an outward focus, they get that "whole" feeling from gathering information from the environment; the same feeling introverts get from being by themselves. I guess they are always trying to fill themselves up. There are ups and downs to both.

So you could have introverts that are sociable like an E would be, but then in secret they could recharge in silence. They of course wouldn't socialize as much as an E would. Or you could have an E who likes to do a lot of things alone, they are still fulfilling what their E wants, but they aren't being sociable.

Point being, I think that there is what E/I actually means, and then there is what society expects introverts and extroverts to do, to fulfill their identity in being such.
Wait, but how would an E get their E needs met while being alone?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Extroversion is more of an outward focus, they get that "whole" feeling from gathering information from the environment; the same feeling introverts get from being by themselves. I guess they are always trying to fill themselves up.

Exactly.

Wait, but how would an E get their E needs met while being alone?

Any kind of external exchange - any activity where you're taking in and processing external information. Reading, writing, drawing, planning, exploring, exercising, playing, organizing, cleaning, listening to music, singing, playing instruments, designing, theorizing, experimenting, researching, cataloging, shopping, chores, driving, and so on. Even looking at a beautiful landscape can be enough.

I hate being alone without any external stimuli. It's very draining - inevitably my mind toilet-spirals around a handful of worries. I'm learning meditation techniques so that I can clear my mind and relax into myself instead.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm ambiverted as well.

I have more of an Ne outlook than Fi one I think,but most tests online focus on introversion and extroversion as traits. In that sense, I think I appear balanced because I have balanced sx and sp instincts.