• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can anyone give me scientific proof that mbit or cognitive functions exist?

Zyelhsak

MBTI Type
Intj
Best thing to say, is with anybody, if you truly want to convince them otherwise you always have to approach them on their level, figure out what makes them tick in that area and why, then proceed with them in mind as you go. You'll find that people will respond better to this and at the same time, they may come back to you later on, because you can use emotions and reasoning to make valid points.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Geology doesn't exist, thermodynamics doesn't exist, astronomy doesn't exist.

More contextually accurate: economics doesn't exist, political science doesn't exist, paleontology doesn't exist, and on, and on, and on.

Forgot marm

Mole

Permabanned
Best thing to say, is with anybody, if you truly want to convince them otherwise you always have to approach them on their level, figure out what makes them tick in that area and why, then proceed with them in mind as you go. You'll find that people will respond better to this and at the same time, they may come back to you later on, because you can use emotions and reasoning to make valid points.

Or, if we are comfortable in our own skin, we tend to make others comfortable too.

Zyelhsak

MBTI Type
Intj
Not even close. You can be comfortable being a dickhead, which gets you absolutely nowhere with anybody else, not even your own type.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This doesn't answer your question directly, but I wouldn't put too much stock in Pod'lair.

That's how it always starts: The young promising student of the Force, who eventually succumbs to his own pride and fancifulness and madness, eventually destroying himself and being cast out from the herd. Alas.

If typec was a movie than that Dario Nardi guy would play all kinds of minor roles so you'd see him as like a bartender and then he'd show up as the mail man, and then you'd see him walking around in the shadows in the background.

Kinda like that episode of STTNG where Data plays all the supporting characters?

Yes, astrology, mbti, homeopathy, and the rest of the New Age, are as harmless a solution as a solution of Kool-Aid.

It's not the Kool-aid that kills you, it's what gets stirred into the mix.

InterPersonality

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
It's an older post I know.
Scientific proof? Can it be repeated by unrelated practitioners?
YES

The MBTI was always intended to make personality type available (to the masses) and to validate Jung's theory of psychological types (MBTI manual p21)
The MBTI is based on Jung's observation; ultimately every MBTI label should reflect the underlying cognitive functions being used by the client.
These Cognitive functions are verifiable independently of any indicator; in fact with far greater accuracy than any indicator.

So, in summary - Is it possible to scientific prove cognitive functions and thus the corresponding MBTI type?
YES.
And shortly I'll provide links to the section on our site where you will be able to test your skill and see how others do it.

Mole

Permabanned
It's an older post I know.
Scientific proof? Can it be repeated by unrelated practitioners?
YES

The MBTI was always intended to make personality type available (to the masses) and to validate Jung's theory of psychological types (MBTI manual p21)
The MBTI is based on Jung's observation; ultimately every MBTI label should reflect the underlying cognitive functions being used by the client.
These Cognitive functions are verifiable independently of any indicator; in fact with far greater accuracy than any indicator.

Please, Carl Jung who wrote Psychological Types said himself that his book Psychological Types is based on no empirical evidence.

So Psychological Types is not a scientific work but a work of faith.

So I can't prove my dog is infp, I have faith that my dog is infp. And you can't prove my dog isn't infp, you have faith my dog isn't infp.

So without evidence we can believe what we want, just as we do in the myriad religions. And hey, it's just fun, isn't it?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not too long ago, someone saw one of my youtube videos and tried to tell me that I was a dumbass and that mbti nor jungian functions existed. They have actually done this with several people that have posted mbti videos and they try to debunk their theories. However, their theory is based on a set of four cognitive functions that go completely contradictory to any modern theory of how the brain works. Here is the video and you will see just how ridiculous his theory is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTTCjFwBsxw&list=FL2A93WgKrh6k_WWi5hUG02Q&feature=mh_lolz

I pretty much have observed the patterns in my head and know that mbti and cognitive functions exist. However, my problem is that I have Ne, which picks up the psychological patterns naturally and just intuitively understands them, but yet I can't just show people what I pick up with my intuition so it makes it hard to convey to others what I see. Then, I have Ti which is a very internally based logic and it is hard to explain to people what makes logical sense to me as well. I have tried and tried to convince these people that mbti is real, and their theory is shit but I can't find any concrete scientific evidence on mbti or functions. Can anyone show me some scientifically credible evidence?

This statement of sounding illogical to others resonated with me. I can understand something in my head, but still not be able to explain it to average people. I think part of it comes from still debating myself on issues, even as I attempt to debate others. (I think Tertiary Fe runs strong in me, though… a lot of times if the other person responds to my question too harshly, I have trouble continuing.)

I

Infinite Bubble

It is just a system that is representative of specific types of processing in the brain by method of categorisation. They do not exist per se and are too rigid to; in reality the brain is fluid and consists of different chemical reactions and electrical impulses, some combinations of which create the forms akin to what is known to be the cognitive functions, but with no such distinctions actually existing.

But I think that the CFs are limited and do not together encompass the entirety of the human mind's workings. And I also do not believe for a second that there are sixteen types of brain. There is one brain, and merely slight mutations in genetics give the sufficiently powerful illusion that that is not the case.