• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Intuitors are more grounded than sensors.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
i dread to say, but i would almost rather watch news. Ughf, how sensoric.
And i rather prefer vocal diversity over everyone submitting to _imaginary_ rules, once again those rules do not correspond with reality of how languages really work, which would be an essay too much for you to comprehend had i decided to write it down.

You can't write or spell, no one will understand your essay but yourself.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Woah! This certainly is a huge thread considering it was just created yesterday.

I heard something about sensors playing a game. What are we playing? Monopoly, Clue, freeze tag, a card game perhaps?

My God, I hope it's not Monopoly. That game never ends somehow.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Woah! This certainly is a huge thread considering it was just created yesterday.

I heard something about sensors playing a game. What are we playing? Monopoly, Clue, freeze tag, a card game perhaps?

My God, I hope it's not Monopoly. That game never ends somehow.

Kinda sad because if everyone ignored this troll he wouldn't have the benefit of the doubt I suppose he accomplished his goal.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Kinda sad because if everyone ignored this troll he wouldn't have the benefit of the doubt I suppose he accomplished his goal.

Yes, but look! Now everyone is in one place. You know what that means?

PARTAY!!

:party2:

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15003]Vilku[/MENTION],

What about Ne people who don't share any of your functions?

as blabbery as Ne doms can be, it was an enfp 4w3 who pointed out my mbti type when i thought of myself as an enfp. And i realized she was right after analazyng myself thoroughly, but i still feel enfps closer to me than infjs. I guess my ennea combo is to blame which make me unusual infj, apart from the theoretically blabbery stereotypical infj quality that i too poses.

Ne doms are grounded, they have exceptional interpersonal perception, ability to build the souls of people they observe in much higher clarity than what i myself see in me. Although the reason for that is emotional, theres too much pain which keeps me from honest self observation. Doesnt stop me though..

It was also same enfp with whom i realized a whole new dimension to observing insticts, something i had disregarded as too vague.

Ne people are disconnected from literally sweeping into minds of others, this disconnection is however well coped by their phenomenal ability to simulate what must be. Im kinda jelly they wont have to fear being too invasive on others, when my way of scanning people is literally intruding their minds.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
ok sensing dominants.
Esfp's: yeah, if you think being late from _appointed_ times is grounded, or spending all your money on useless items rather than researching which has the best price to quality ratio to avoid constant need to shop.

Istj's: um yeah, if you think its better them than you, cause they will rip you off.

Estp's: yeah, if you want permanent injuries to remind you that your very survival comfort is just a joke to them.

Isfj's: yes, if youd rather waste time talking weather and watching news which NEVER give you knowledge which grants _you_ new options.

To whomever said my avatar isnt grounded: well just _what_ has it to do with groundedness if i forget my past entirely? At least i still understand reality better than any sensor even in such state

an ability to see you in relation to the world and the world in relation to you.

For example, you arent the label you carry as your name, no, you are a consciousness simulated by brains and body is your extension of it, and your brains are physical, contrary to the common nensor belief that nothing is unhealthy or nothing can damage them. You CAN become mentally handicapped from eating grains, smoking and alcohol.

It appears as if you and I have different definitions of being grounded. To me, being grounded means that you have a good grasp of reality and don't live in fantasy land all the time. Now your thread makes a lot more sense.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my perspective was that bit too scientifically analytical to really fit into the sensor rings approval.
Speaking as a scientific researcher, yeah, that's definitely the problem.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Standuble

The topic creator is truly a fascinating specimen. I, like most well-meaning and hard-working intuitors, would enjoy shutting down the sensing game for good in a bloody night of broken glass and annihilation leaving the Ns the sole inheritors of the Earth (until the S types are bred back into existence about 3-4 years down the line.) However you good sir cannot be relied upon to lead the mob, you will only irritate it and be deemed infantile. If your mind is that of a Ni-dom then it is clearly devoid of its je function, it's like a dragon flying around inside your brain and its fire is melting any sense of rational or critical thought you may have had. However I must ask also:

Are you a sensor who has had his mind turned into mincemeat in a tragic encounter with some mushrooms? If yes then by starting this thread you will never be amongst thread. You are a frog who is snapped at by the Crocodiles in the swamp (sensors) who has found himself being shat on by above by the transcendent ones (intuitives.)

I'm going to make a bold assertion. I bet the psychopathic and inane crap I wrote above is of better substance and reasoning than the crap you wrote.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Vilku said:
an ability to see you in relation to the world and the world in relation to you.

Well you have a particularly Ni definition of "grounded" then, since you're calling "grounded" the ability to see through two opposing perspectives. If that's "grounded" then your grounded types are INFJ, INTJ, ENFJ, and ENTJ.

The Oxford English Dictionary defines "grounded" as "well balanced and sensible", which would describe any healthy Sensor or Thinker.

A few things on Sensors.

ESFPs - They navigate life to maximize enjoyment and have a knack for getting themselves into opportunities.
ESTPs - Also opportunists who utilize the flow of life. They tend to live intensely and find joy in the rush.
ISTJs - Steady, calm, loyal people. They get satisfaction from doing a good job and contributing in a positive way.
ISFJs - They get satisfaction from the small pleasures of life and by protecting and supporting those they love.

What I don't understand is why these types are a bad thing to be in your mind. In my opinion, S doms are some of the most grounded in that they are the most aware that we ought to enjoy and experience the world moment by moment, and make the most of what we have. So many Ns are dissatisfied in life and are always looking for another pasture, while Ss are living life to the fullest with what they have. It's been ground into our N heads to look beyond our boxes, but the fact is that a huge amount of our life is going to be spent inside the box - Sensors get that, and don't necessarily like it, but they work with it. They learn to navigate and enjoy it (Se) or they work to improve it and protect the people in it (Si). I think most Ns could learn a lot from them.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Yes.

Sensors and thinkers can decide in 2 seconds what it might take me 12 hours to come to.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I guess my ennea combo is to blame which make me unusual infj, apart from the theoretically blabbery stereotypical infj quality that i too poses.

Many ennea theories crossed with MBTI have put 9w1 INFJ's as being one of the most common combinations. Ask [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION]

But on another note.... stop it, you're making Ni look bad.

KDude

The funny thing is, he's using Ni defensively, in the same way ISPs do when they cast a suspicious eye on the external world. He's closer to sensors than he thinks ;)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The funny thing is, he's using Ni defensively, in the same way ISPs do when they cast a suspicious eye on the external world. He's closer to sensors than he thinks ;)

Sensorian-speak comes so naturally to you!! ;)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Felix Baumgartner is more grounded than this dude.
The Oxford English Dictionary defines "grounded" as "well balanced and sensible", which would describe any healthy Sensor or Thinker.
:huh: Intuitives and Feelers can't be well-balanced or sensible? (OP aside). Feeling is surely more grounded than thinking?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:huh: Intuitives and Feelers can't be well-balanced or sensible? (OP aside). Feeling is surely more grounded than thinking?

Well, certainly they can be, but one could also be a healthy Intuitive or Feeler without being sensible in the general sense of the term, I believe. Certainly one can be a healthy NF and not really "sensible". I usually relate "sensible" to practicality and rationality. That could be my own linguistic bias, though.

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, certainly they can be, but one could also be a healthy Intuitive or Feeler without being sensible in the general sense of the term, I believe. Certainly one can be a healthy NF and not really "sensible". I usually relate "sensible" to practicality and rationality. That could be my own linguistic bias, though.

I Agree however S or T types can also be guilty of being irrational in emotional situations. Not from the standpoint of logical thinking but in response to emotion. Like telling an NF they are being overemotional as if that's not going to make the situation even worse. It would make sense to respond with the validation of emotion but they can miss that. When trying to persuade someone using or validating emotions might make the other person more receptive instead of logically explaining why you are right. Sometimes that's what it takes. An aspect of being sensible is determining what action in a given situation would yield the most desirable result. sometimes that requires the use of logic other times emotion. I think any healthy person is sensible regardless of type. The MBTI system is based on balance J and P, I and E, T and F ,N and S. We can achieve balance within ourselves and with the people around us making us all grounded and sensible respectively. (Not that you implied otherwise )