• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP vs. ENTP in social situations

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I've noticed that Ti and Fi are often confused for one another and often seem similar. For example, both Fi and Ti tend to both hate feeling controlled and enjoy the freedom of speech. For instance, I've noticed that many Fi and Ti users tend to dislike Fe doms for this reason. In many social situations Fi will say things that they strongly believe in and many times they can appear quite radical to the general populace, and can easily offend people (especially Fe doms). However, I've many times noticed that Ti users tend to do the exact same thing. It's just that many Ti users with tertiary Fe often can play the social game and will often apologize and try to lighten the mood if they offend people too badly. In contradiction, I've found that Fi users will rarely apologize if they offend people, and express their personal beliefs and values no matter who they offend. After all, if the ENFP "drank the social kool aid" so to speak, they would feel like they were betraying themselves and everything they believe in. Do you think that this is a good assessment of ENTP's vs. ENFP's when it comes to dealing with Fe and offending people?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Some of the most considerate people I've known regarding other peoples' feelings have been ENFPs. Some of the least considerate have been ENTPs. I don't know how well the theory holds. I think for many Fis, being kind and considerate to do others is an integral part of their value system, so even if they hold strong values they will keep others' feelings into account. Plus many ENFPs are strong in both Fi and Fe, just that they seem to value their Fi usage more, they can still see the importance of Fe.

I think the people most likely to offend other people and not care about it are those with weak Fe. IxTPs probably more likely to have this problem than ENTPs because Fe is a in a lower position.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Some of the most considerate people I've known regarding other peoples' feelings have been ENFPs. Some of the least considerate have been ENTPs. I don't know how well the theory holds. I think for many Fis, being kind and considerate to do others is an integral part of their value system, so even if they hold strong values they will keep others' feelings into account. Plus many ENFPs are strong in both Fi and Fe, just that they seem to value their Fi usage more, they can still see the importance of Fe.

I think the people most likely to offend other people and not care about it are those with weak Fe. IxTPs probably more likely to have this problem than ENTPs because Fe is a in a lower position.

I certainly do not think that most ENFP's are strong in both Fi and Fe because the functions contradict themselves.