• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

relations between individual preferences

antjama

I'm interested in MBTI and would like to ask more experienced users about judging the individual relations between preferences from a perspective of team work. I know MBTI is more complex and complicated but I'm looking for some simple rule on general level reduced to single preferences without going to the whole type. :shock:

E + E = positive cooperation due to the ease of communication
I + E = negative - there will be difficulties in communication
I + I = positive/neutral (?) - they communicate in the same way so would understand each other
--------------
S + S = neutral - they see the world "the same way" so not much of creativity/diversity
N + N = neutral - as above
S + N = positive - they complement each other
--------------
T + T = neutral - they make decision in the same way so not much of creativity/diversity
F + F = neutral - as above
T + F = positive - the complement each other
--------------
J + J = positive - easy to find compromise/solution
P + P = positive - as above
J + P = negative - difficult to find compromise/solution

Any comments appreciated :)
cheers,
antjama

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
You cant really make it with the MBTI dichotomies, because of differences how the different functions play out. For example INTJ and INTP has really different way of seeing things, communication is different, make decisions in different ways and ofc have hard time finding a compromise, but thats more because of the things mentioned earlier.

What comes to I/E and communication, i dont think it creates any obstacle. S/N communication i would see problematic, while N/N or S/S positive and more easy, creativity or diversity i dont see having anything to do with this. T/T communication is easy only if both are TP or TJ.

Folderol

MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, based on the MBTI letters, I think the stuff you typed is so basic that it wouldn't be useful for any direct conclusions (ouch, that sounds kind of harsh but I don't mean it like that!)

The J/P thing is kind of confusing. It's not like the rest of the letters, it's more a way to define cognitive function placement and some generalities. I won't get into it too much, but I believe it determines the location of the first extroverted process and tells if it's either a judging function or a perceiving function. MBTI helps to fix the E/I problem though is by making the first two things reversed. IE: Introverted then extroverted, or Extroverted than introverted. That way everybody who interacts is "balanced".

It would really help to learn the basic individual cognitive functions, even if you don't get deep into type. That way you can refer to explicit processes, that way things like T + F are nto so open ended.