• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why are my T and F preferences always so close?

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been trying to get more insight as to how I use my cognitive functions. I decided to take some tests to give me a general guideline of how developed my functions were and how much I use them before I continued my research. I am always typed as an INFJ but my use of Te vs Fe and Ti vs Fi are always really close. I get a little nervous because when I typed myself for the first time it was difficult for me to choose between INTJ and INFJ. After being on the forums for a while I feel I really do identify with the INFJ type. I'm just kinda wondering why these functions are so consistently close. I have one theory and is that my dad being an ENTJ and my brother being an ESTJ has something to do with it. I was very close to them when I was growing up . I could always count on them for stimulating conversation but if I wanted to contribute i'd probably have to develop some of those traits even if they were not necessarily preferred.My boyfriend is a true INTJ. I mean he fits the description to the T( no pun intended). He's a computer engineer and I have been able to pin point instances where my Fe is clashing with his Ti. We interact like you'd expect an INFJ and INTJ to interact so I don't think I am miss-typed. However if anyone has any ideals of why I test this way I'd love to hear your theories on the matter.

(My latest test results of T vs F usage)
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************* (21.3)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************** (26.1)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************* (39.7)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************************** (37.5)
excellent use

W

WALMART

You must understand the value of both objective criteria and subjective input. Good work.

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting. I always thought all types could find value in both objective and subjective perspectives but place different weights and are governed by one or the other. By that prospective maybe my weights are more closely distributed between the two if I understand you right. I can defiantly see that being the case sometimes. I'd lean more towards that view point than attributing it to a typing issue.

BTW black hole sun is one of my favorite rock band songs lol

W

WALMART

I suppose they can; I wonder what differing types actually value come time for decisions to be made. That's why I'm fairly skeptical of test results, what people are and what they think they are can oft contrast.

It was a good one to play ;) You have good taste, lol.