• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ever wish you had never learned about MBTI?

Usehername

On a mission
BTW, I find it interesting that this "unwelcome knowledge" seems to be problem for the NTs mostly. Why are you the "information seeking personality" if you cant handle the info? :) These types are full of mysterious paradoxes...

My problem with it is that because it's so well ingrained into me now (because I've read for hours and hours from books + the absurd amount of time I've spent online reading + foruming) it creates more distance than I am comfortable with. It's not the knowledge that is the problem, it's how deeply it's seeped in and how hard it is to choose my words so as not to offend others--or to not have to give a disclaimer every time a MBTI thing slips out about how it's only a framework and people are multi-dimensional and every individual is an exception, blah blah blah.

Abhaya

MBTI Type
INFP
Think of it as a spectrum, not as a set of boxes.

I like this approach. An infinite array. How many colors do we want to work with? Maybe we could have 6 billion types? But that would be pretty damn confusing. I have enough learning about 16.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Honestly, as individual as each human being is, it would be more accurately portrayed on a sliding scale. Sexuality has Kinsey. Personality needs something as well.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Honestly, as individual as each human being is, it would be more accurately portrayed on a sliding scale. Sexuality has Kinsey. Personality needs something as well.

This is definitely true. I have advocated showing the percentage scores of ones results for a long time. It's more accurate that having a boolean display for each variable.

This is aslo why I like the Instinctual stacking system and aim to apply the same reasoning to the other Enneagram traits.