• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Self-Dualization

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One concept I particularly liked from socionics was that of dualization. The idea is the two-halves of the same coin come together and cover each other's weak spots lovingly and share and exult in each other's strengths. While I do not believe pursuing a person of near opposite type to try and achieve this is wise, I do think that there are things we can all do to "self-dualize" and achieve a greater state of balance and ability to utilize all the functions as they are needed. So, if you find yourself acting too much like one type (ie. it is having a detrimental impact on your life in some fashion) perhaps it would be wise to take the actions of a person of your "opposite" type that you admire. So what are ways that you self-dualize? In what ways do you achieve this with others that you encounter in your daily life?

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Sometimes I'm afraid to talk to people, so I whip out that Fe to try and talk and act more personable, even if I don't feel it on the inside. Does that count? :eek:

RoadPaveMent

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, when I'm walking around campus, or am going somewhere fun, I try to pull myself out of the clouds and into the moment to appreciate the scenery around me. It doesn't always work when I'm by myself, though...it's easier if I'm with someone else.