• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are all young children EXFP?

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
No, not all. I've always been deeply introverted and objective (my preschool teachers and mom thought something was seriously wrong with me cuz I was such a strange child).

autumn

MBTI Type
eNFP
Further, an ExFP would mean either dominant Se or dominant Ne; and I imagine the two would look rather different even in children.

autumn

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have noticed that Chart the Course types (IST/INJ) tend to look more outgoing and playful when they are young. But that's just the folly of youth. When they get older, and life and its pressures start getting to them, they now have to refocus their energies, and then their true introverted and serious selves comes to the forefront. But the drivers for their temperament were always there; they just reacted to them differently because of the situation of being young. The functions are said not to be completely developed at the youngest ages, anyway.

Some of those types do look more introverted as children, and this could be from various situations, or even what we would call a compulsive temperament need.

Akari

MBTI Type
ISTJ
My mom says I was always a happy little girl and I never cried or caused any trouble. I was very friendly too. I vaguely remember wanting to be alone in the third grade. I didn't really want to go to parties or to friends' houses. I basically become an introvert at that point, for a reason that's beyond me.

MBTI Type
ENTP
HAHAHA, no, all kids definitely are NOT ExFP. I was easily an INxx as a kid, very imaginative, individualistic, and independent. I never fit in with the rest of the kids my age. Also, looking back at my elementary school classmates, many of them were also introverts, T types, and J types.

I'm not arguing with your self-assessment per se, but I don't think being "imaginative, individualistic, and independent" has much to do with being introverted... i.e. I know many very imaginative, individualistic and independent ES/ENxxs...

But I agree with you... my brother, who's a mildly introverted ISTJ now (31 yrs old) used to be quite introverted as a child... in fact, he and a few other kids like him were always the ones adults would praise and coo about, "Oh! Look how quiet and well-behaved he/she is! He/she's so mature!"

Damn introverts.... everyone thinks you're so bloody mature and it's just a FACADE!

:D

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Or have at some point been EXFP?

No way. When I was a young child, I was INFJ. Very introverted, fantasizing, hyper-sensitive, repressed, private, etc.

Now, I'm not that way at all.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No way...

I remember when I lived in FL (which was only until I was 4 1/2-5yrs old)... I can actually recall instances where I wanted privacy and would close my door to play/read my little Garfield or Little Golden books alone in my room. I never approached children or adults I didn't know. I carefully observed them most of the time. I think I interacted more with my teachers than with my fellow classmates. And... to an extent, I had my own little sense of planning/orderliness, and I recall feeling really annoyed when people interfered with it... and they did.. a lot.. cuz it never made sense to them... and still doesn't.
...pretty ok with that.:D

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
My parents tell me that I was a very outgoing and confident child when I was young (before and during early elementary school). I wasn't loud or obnoxious, but I apparently wasn't really withdrawn, either. In fact, my entire family is thrilled (to my annoyance) to tell anyone and everyone this particular anecdote from my childhood involving me randomly lecturing a friend's pregnant mom about C-sections (information that I apparently gleaned indirectly from my mother, who is an obgyn nurse).

But my brother, who oddly enough is a clear ENTP, was always a calm and pensive child.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I was a very quiet little kid: I almost went insane at a Chucky Cheeze Party, and one time I actually did, so it was an accomplishment that I managed to survive that one.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Hell no. As a kid, I was borderline E/I. I was energized by more people but at the same time I didn't like meeting new people and had introverted traits. I was more of a Thinker than a Feeler. But yeah, kids have different personalities. There are definitely tons of introverted kids out there.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was a very quiet little kid: I almost went insane at a Chucky Cheeze Party, and one time I actually did, so it was an accomplishment that I managed to survive that one.

Current picture of mortabunt:

crazy_harry_1.jpg

Ohh, survival is right, barely...

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Current picture of mortabunt:

crazy_harry_1.jpg

Ohh, survival is right, barely...

I ROFL'ed, but no, that isn't we.

I am a blond guy with a short hair. I am 5ft6in. I am about mid build and I have blue eyes. Lucky for me I am good looking, or else I would be the terror of everyone.

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
`

Hmmmm. I don't know. I know so many kids that are energized by group
settings and just jump right into social interaction, but when they're aro-
und smaller groups like one other person, they become more intellectual
and daydreamish.

juggernaut

Permabanned
My two younger boys are definitely NTs, though one is probably and IJ and the other is an EP. Though very loving, they're definitely not Fs...which is probably why I found them much easier to deal with than my oldest who is a rather shrill ESFP (and no, I don't think all ESFPs are shrill, my sis is one as well and she's very easy to be around). I have a much easier time communicating with the littlest one (INTJ), at four, than the oldest who will be twenty this summer.

sculpting

heck no, my older son was a super spooning F and always very spastic and extroverted enfp. I'm not sure where he got that...

My almost two year old is very reserved, holds back when around others and just watches and judges (I), only cuddles or holds my hand under his own specific terms (t) and is hysterical anal about certain processes rather than items (J).

Take a peek at him boring a hole through your soul with his Te. He looks like this much of the time. We do not impress him with our silliness.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
heck no, my older son was a super spooning F and always very spastic and extroverted enfp. I'm not sure where he got that...

My almost two year old is very reserved, holds back when around others and just watches and judges (I), only cuddles or holds my hand under his own specific terms (t) and is hysterical anal about certain processes rather than items (J).

Take a peek at him boring a hole through your soul with his Te. He looks like this much of the time. We do not impress him with our silliness.

Awww, so serious!