• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

16+80? the 'other' types

S

Society

you know, these unbolded folks right here:

Ne+Si
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Se+Ni[/FONT]
Fe+Ti
EPNe>Ti>Fe>Si(ENTP)
Ne>Ti>Si>Fe
Ne>Fe>Ti>Si
Ne>Fe>Si>Ti
Ne>Si>Ti>Fe
Ne>Si>Fe>Ti
Se>Ti>Fe>Ni(ESTP)
Se>Ti>Ni>Fe
Se>Fe>Ti>Ni
Se>Fe>Ni>Ti
Se>Ni>Ti>Fe
Se>Ni>Fe>Ti
IPTi>Ne>Si>Fe(INTP)
Ti>Ne>Fe>Si
Ti>Si>Ne>Fe
Ti>Si>Fe>Ne
Ti>Fe>Ne>Si
Ti>Fe>Si>Ne
Ti>Se>Ni>Fe(ISTP)
Ti>Se>Fe>Ni
Ti>Ni>Se>Fe
Ti>Ni>Fe>Se
Ti>Fe>Se>Ni
Ti>Fe>Ni>Se
EJFe>Si>Ne>Ti(ESFJ)
Fe>Si>Ti>Ne
Fe>Ne>Si>Ti
Fe>Ne>Ti>Si
Fe>Ti>Si>Ne
Fe>Ti>Ne>Si
Fe>Ni>Se>Ti(ENFJ)
Fe>Ni>Ti>Se
Fe>Se>Ni>Ti
Fe>Se>Ti>Ni
Fe>Ti>Ni>Se
Fe>Ti>Se>Ni
IJSi>Fe>Ti>Ne(ISFJ)
Si>Fe>Ne>Ti
Si>Ti>Fe>Ne
Si>Ti>Ne>Fe
Si>Ne>Fe>Ti
Si>Ne>Ti>Fe
Ni>Fe>Ti>Se(INFJ)
Ni>Fe>Se>Ti
Ni>Ti>Fe>Se
Ni>Ti>Se>Fe
Ni>Se>Fe>Ti
Ni>Se>Ti>Fe
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Te+Fi[/FONT]
EPNe>Fi>Te>Si(ENFP)
Ne>Fi>Si>Te
Ne>Te>Fi>Si
Ne>Te>Si>Fi
Ne>Si>Fi>Te
Ne>Si>Te>Fi
Se>Fi>Te>Ni(ESFP)
Se>Fi>Ni>Te
Se>Te>Fi>Ni
Se>Te>Ni>Fi
Se>Ni>Fi>Te
Se>Ni>Te>Fi
IPFi>Ne>Si>Te(INFP)
Fi>Ne>Te>Si
Fi>Si>Ne>Te
Fi>Si>Te>Ne
Fi>Te>Ne>Si
Fi>Te>Si>Ne
Fi>Se>Ni>Te(ISFP)
Fi>Se>Te>Ni
Fi>Ni>Se>Te
Fi>Ni>Te>Se
Fi>Te>Se>Si
Fi>Te>Ni>Se
EJFe>Si>Ne>Ti(ESTJ)
Te>Si>Fi>Ne
Te>Ne>Si>Fi
Te>Ne>Fi>Si
Te>Fi>Si>Ne
Te>Fi>Ne>Si
Fe>Ni>Se>Ti(ENTJ)
Te>Ni>Fi>Se
Te>Se>Ni>Fi
Te>Se>Fi>Ni
Te>Fi>Ni>Se
Te>Fi>Se>Ni
IJSi>Te>Fi>Ne(ISTJ)
Si>Te>Ne>Fi
Si>Fi>Te>Ne
Si>Fi>Ne>Te
Si>Ne>Te>Fi
Si>Ne>Fi>Te
Si>Te>Fi>Ne(INTJ)
Ni>Te>Se>Fi
Ni>Fi>Te>Se
Ni>Fi>Se>Te
Ni>Se>Te>Fi
Ni>Se>Fi>Te

Who killed them? Or rather, on what basis does the MBTI assume they can't exist?

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
you know, these unbolded folks right here:

Ne+Si
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Se+Ni[/FONT]
Fe+Ti
EPNe>Ti>Fe>Si(ENTP)
Ne>Ti>Si>Fe
Ne>Fe>Ti>Si
Ne>Fe>Si>Ti
Ne>Si>Ti>Fe
Ne>Si>Fe>Ti
Se>Ti>Fe>Ni(ESTP)
Se>Ti>Ni>Fe
Se>Fe>Ti>Ni
Se>Fe>Ni>Ti
Se>Ni>Ti>Fe
Se>Ni>Fe>Ti
IPTi>Ne>Si>Fe(INTP)
Ti>Ne>Fe>Si
Ti>Si>Ne>Fe
Ti>Si>Fe>Ne
Ti>Fe>Ne>Si
Ti>Fe>Si>Ne
Ti>Se>Ni>Fe(ISTP)
Ti>Se>Fe>Ni
Ti>Ni>Se>Fe
Ti>Ni>Fe>Se
Ti>Fe>Se>Ni
Ti>Fe>Ni>Se
EJFe>Si>Ne>Ti(ESFJ)
Fe>Si>Ti>Ne
Fe>Ne>Si>Ti
Fe>Ne>Ti>Si
Fe>Ti>Si>Ne
Fe>Ti>Ne>Si
Fe>Ni>Se>Ti(ENFJ)
Fe>Ni>Ti>Se
Fe>Se>Ni>Ti
Fe>Se>Ti>Ni
Fe>Ti>Ni>Se
Fe>Ti>Se>Ni
IJSi>Fe>Ti>Ne(ISFJ)
Si>Fe>Ne>Ti
Si>Ti>Fe>Ne
Si>Ti>Ne>Fe
Si>Ne>Fe>Ti
Si>Ne>Ti>Fe
Ni>Fe>Ti>Se(INFJ)
Ni>Fe>Se>Ti
Ni>Ti>Fe>Se
Ni>Ti>Se>Fe
Ni>Se>Fe>Ti
Ni>Se>Ti>Fe
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Te+Fi[/FONT]
EPNe>Fi>Te>Si(ENFP)
Ne>Fi>Si>Te
Ne>Te>Fi>Si
Ne>Te>Si>Fi
Ne>Si>Fi>Te
Ne>Si>Te>Fi
Se>Fi>Te>Ni(ESFP)
Se>Fi>Ni>Te
Se>Te>Fi>Ni
Se>Te>Ni>Fi
Se>Ni>Fi>Te
Se>Ni>Te>Fi
IPFi>Ne>Si>Te(INFP)
Fi>Ne>Te>Si
Fi>Si>Ne>Te
Fi>Si>Te>Ne
Fi>Te>Ne>Si
Fi>Te>Si>Ne
Fi>Se>Ni>Te(ISFP)
Fi>Se>Te>Ni
Fi>Ni>Se>Te
Fi>Ni>Te>Se
Fi>Te>Se>Si
Fi>Te>Ni>Se
EJFe>Si>Ne>Ti(ESTJ)
Te>Si>Fi>Ne
Te>Ne>Si>Fi
Te>Ne>Fi>Si
Te>Fi>Si>Ne
Te>Fi>Ne>Si
Fe>Ni>Se>Ti(ENTJ)
Te>Ni>Fi>Se
Te>Se>Ni>Fi
Te>Se>Fi>Ni
Te>Fi>Ni>Se
Te>Fi>Se>Ni
IJSi>Te>Fi>Ne(ISTJ)
Si>Te>Ne>Fi
Si>Fi>Te>Ne
Si>Fi>Ne>Te
Si>Ne>Te>Fi
Si>Ne>Fi>Te
Si>Te>Fi>Ne(INTJ)
Ni>Te>Se>Fi
Ni>Fi>Te>Se
Ni>Fi>Se>Te
Ni>Se>Te>Fi
Ni>Se>Fi>Te

Who killed them? Or rather, on what basis does the MBTI assume they can't exist?

It would depart so far from the theoretical basis of MBTI that it would be something else.

View it concretely. As a human you need to both "percieve" and "judge" in the sense of taking in information vs classifying it. You also need to interact with the world and have an internal monologue.

The prevalence of a particular way of perceiving and judging, necessarily pushes the "opposite" ways of perceiving and judging into subordinate roles.

Standuble

I think they are all alive and well. The limitations of the function order are bullshit IMO. Mutation alone would be far too chaotic to allow everyone to fit completely in nice orderly boxes.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
I think they are all alive and well. The limitations of the function order are bullshit IMO. Mutation alone would be far too chaotic to allow everyone to fit completely in nice orderly boxes.

Why would having the same funciton order mean people are in the same "orderly box"?

The trouble is applying the theory in the wrong way, not the theory in itself.

Function order is NOT the same as function ability, "strength" or frequency of usage. Rather, it refers to a construct of how you interact with the world. Necessarilly, perception and judgement need to be tied together. So Si-Ne as a construct does not work.

W

WALMART

I've wondered about this. [MENTION=16557]Grublet[/MENTION] actually thought of a short work around, during his neat tenure on the site.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Function order is NOT the same as function ability, "strength" or frequency of usage. Rather, it refers to a construct of how you interact with the world. Necessarilly, perception and judgement need to be tied together. So Si-Ne as a construct does not work.

If the OP is interpreted as order of strength/ability/frequency of usage, then would the OP be valid?

If differing strength/frequency of usage between people of the same type results in differing flavors of the 16 types, then I don't see what purpose if served by not going with that and insisting on the pre-set orders.

Put another way, what's the purpose of insisting a particular ESTP has the Function Order of SeTiFeNi if the ESTPs' frequency of usage is actually SeFeTiNi (which could equal a very very extroverted people-oriented estp, but SP no less, with little grounding of Ti)?

Perhaps the 16 are simply the idealized, balanced blueprints of 16 general ways of being.

A

Anew Leaf

If the OP is interpreted as order of strength/ability/frequency of usage, then would the OP be valid?

If differing strength/frequency of usage between people of the same type results in differing flavors of the 16 types, then I don't see what purpose if served by not going with that and insisting on the pre-set orders.

Put another way, what's the purpose of insisting a particular ESTP has the Function Order of SeTiFeNi if the ESTPs' frequency of usage is actually SeFeTiNi (which could equal a very very extroverted people-oriented estp, but SP no less, with little grounding of Ti)?

Perhaps the 16 are simply the idealized, balanced blueprints of 16 general ways of being.

I wonder if instinct varients and ennegram could tie into this?

*in typical Ne fashion, comes along to complicate things*

Like an ESTP who is SO/SX and type 7w8 could possibly be more developed along the lines of SeFe, etc.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if instinct varients and ennegram could tie into this?

*in typical Ne fashion, comes along to complicate things*

Like an ESTP who is SO/SX and type 7w8 could possibly be more developed along the lines of SeFe, etc.

Oh, no doubt. :) I neglected my usual comment that mbti isn't everything.... lol.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i agree if you include subtypes there are even more

S

Society

here's a few possible examples of the tip of my head (almost all venties) that i might as well summon to see what they think about the matter

Ne+SiSe+Ni
Fe+Ti
EPNe>Ti>Fe>Si(ENTP)
Ne>Ti>Si>Fe
Ne>Fe>Ti>Si
Ne>Fe>Si>Ti
Ne>Si>Ti>Fe
Ne>Si>Fe>Ti
@
@EcK
@me
@
@The Ü
@
Se>Ti>Fe>Ni(ESTP)
Se>Ti>Ni>Fe
Se>Fe>Ti>Ni
Se>Fe>Ni>Ti
Se>Ni>Ti>Fe
Se>Ni>Fe>Ti
@
@Halia74
@
@
@
@
IPTi>Ne>Si>Fe(INTP)
Ti>Ne>Fe>Si
Ti>Si>Ne>Fe
Ti>Si>Fe>Ne
Ti>Fe>Ne>Si
Ti>Fe>Si>Ne
@
@Kaizer
@Jonnyboy
@
@
@
Ti>Se>Ni>Fe(ISTP)
Ti>Se>Fe>Ni
Ti>Ni>Se>Fe
Ti>Ni>Fe>Se
Ti>Fe>Se>Ni
Ti>Fe>Ni>Se
@
@Risen
@
@jontherobot
@
@
EJFe>Si>Ne>Ti(ESFJ)
Fe>Si>Ti>Ne
Fe>Ne>Si>Ti
Fe>Ne>Ti>Si
Fe>Ti>Si>Ne
Fe>Ti>Ne>Si
@
@
@
@
@
@
Fe>Ni>Se>Ti(ENFJ)
Fe>Ni>Ti>Se
Fe>Se>Ni>Ti
Fe>Se>Ti>Ni
Fe>Ti>Ni>Se
Fe>Ti>Se>Ni
@@AffirmitiveAnxiety
@
@
@UniqueMixture
@
IJSi>Fe>Ti>Ne(ISFJ)
Si>Fe>Ne>Ti
Si>Ti>Fe>Ne
Si>Ti>Ne>Fe
Si>Ne>Fe>Ti
Si>Ne>Ti>Fe
@
@
@
@
@
@
Ni>Fe>Ti>Se(INFJ)
Ni>Fe>Se>Ti
Ni>Ti>Fe>Se
Ni>Ti>Se>Fe
Ni>Se>Fe>Ti
Ni>Se>Ti>Fe
@Vasilisa
@
@Sinmara
@
@ReadingRainbows
@Lexicon
Te+Fi
EPNe>Fi>Te>Si(ENFP)
Ne>Fi>Si>Te
Ne>Te>Fi>Si
Ne>Te>Si>Fi
Ne>Si>Fi>Te
Ne>Si>Te>Fi
@HelenOfTroy
@shortnsweet
@
@
@
@
Se>Fi>Te>Ni(ESFP)
Se>Fi>Ni>Te
Se>Te>Fi>Ni
Se>Te>Ni>Fi
Se>Ni>Fi>Te
Se>Ni>Te>Fi
@
@
@
@
@
@
IPFi>Ne>Si>Te(INFP)
Fi>Ne>Te>Si
Fi>Si>Ne>Te
Fi>Si>Te>Ne
Fi>Te>Ne>Si
Fi>Te>Si>Ne
@chana
@
@
@
@senza tema
@
Fi>Se>Ni>Te(ISFP)
Fi>Se>Te>Ni
Fi>Ni>Se>Te
Fi>Ni>Te>Se
Fi>Te>Se>Si
Fi>Te>Ni>Se
@
@
@
@
@
@
EJFe>Si>Ne>Ti(ESTJ)
Te>Si>Fi>Ne
Te>Ne>Si>Fi
Te>Ne>Fi>Si
Te>Fi>Si>Ne
Te>Fi>Ne>Si
@
@
@
@
@
@
Te>Ni>Se>Fi(ENTJ)
Te>Ni>Fi>Se
Te>Se>Ni>Fi
Te>Se>Fi>Ni
Te>Fi>Ni>Se
Te>Fi>Se>Ni
@
@Wind-Up Rex
@
@
@
@
IJSi>Te>Fi>Ne(ISTJ)
Si>Te>Ne>Fi
Si>Fi>Te>Ne
Si>Fi>Ne>Te
Si>Ne>Te>Fi
Si>Ne>Fi>Te
@
@Cimarron
@Patches
@
@
@
Ni>Te>Fi>Se(INTJ)
Ni>Te>Se>Fi
Ni>Fi>Te>Se
Ni>Fi>Se>Te
Ni>Se>Te>Fi
Ni>Se>Fi>Te
@
@lord voldemort
@
@
@Oakysage
@

disclaimer: many of the above are half witted shots in the dark

Last edited:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

MANE'S TABLE

I like this actually; a really interesting idea. And what you said for mine is probably the most true ive seen in a while.

This also allows for more of the sheer variability of humans in general.

Last edited:

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
disclaimer: many of the above are shots in the dark

That's interesting. Also, I'm pretty impressed with your table formatting.

Si>Fi>Ne>Te

Is it so obvious that I'm dripping with Fi? :laugh: I'd probably favor Si>Fi>Te>Ne over your pick, but pretty much spot on. Very nice.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do feel like the typical infp function stacking fits me well. probably why I've never had a what type am I crisis, the whole reason I was interested is because I felt it fit me well :shrug:

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP

I don't think the 16 types are idealized, I think it's a misconception of them. They already allow for Dom-Tert "loop" for example, or integration of the inferior.

For example i I am heavily using - for the sake of argument assume I am INTP - Ti-Si, then Ne is STILL intrinsically part of that process, and I have to "feed in" the info somehow. It is just that the NE is used in a basic form and de-emphasized consciously. Howeveer the function order owuldn't change, because Ji-Pe/Pe-Ji/Je-Pi/Pi-Je still need to work in tandem as one, for though to be possible. It is just they may be emphasized differently. But you cannot go 5 seconds withou on some level PERCIEVING information in some sense and making a JUDGEMENT in some sense.

Also - if we are to throw out that whole theory - then why limit ourselves to saying that one type only has 4 conscious functions and four shadow functions? Might as well say (as some people do), that an INTP could be Ti-Fi-Ni-Ne or some other rubbish - as some people do believe that.

Just my two cents anyway.

W

WALMART

[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION]

Very cool work with the table. The next step is writing biographies for each one and then titling them :ninja:

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=15291" target="_blank">Mane</a>

Very cool work with the table. The next step is writing biographies for each one and then titling them :ninja:

INTPCentral did it (kind of)

http://forums.intpcentral.com/showthread.php?36491-The-24-types-of-INTP

As we know, the label of INTP is far too broad. I have decided to break it down by a second system, where the letters are sorted by strength. Taking myself, for example, I have the most N, followed by P, I and T. I would be an NIPT.

Take this test to get the weighting

IE: Joe has 76% I, 50% N, 65% T and 78% P. Joe would be a "PITN"

The meaning of the system is that having stronger mixtures of things will have different consequences than having weak mixtures. An INTP with a strong IT will be different than one with an ambivalent IT. The system can be broken up in different ways, so I'll just dive into the subtypes.

P-type

"The improviser"

PNTI-"the qc"
This type uses a wild intellectual instinct to perfect systems, whether they were the originator or not. The weak TI creates ambivalence towards identity and logic.

PNIT-"the context jumper"
The other PN, tends towards comparing seemingly incompatible systems. They thrive on ideas like quines and seemingly inappropriate metaphors.

PINT-"the secret prostitute"
The first of our identity-strong subtypes, they court several identities at once without thought of global inconsistency.

PITN-"the reed in the wind"
Skilled in the evasive arts, these are one of the physical subtypes. Their sense of physical evasion echoes in the chameleon nature of their soul.

PTNI-"the cold shower"
With the inherent paradox of being a T-strong perciever, this type excels in using parsimony to reduce systems to a simplest metaphor. This activity can be sobering.

PTIN-"the collector"
The second in the physical/material subtype, the PTIN collects ideas into a centerless framework.

N-type

"The speculator"

NPIT-"the niche maker"
This type tends to create systems starting from a specific example, creating the framework to fit the criteria of the intuition-object. They want to find a place for everything, and a frame big enough for everyone.

NPTI-"the mediator"
With a kind, agreeable nature, this subtype wants to classify and sort much like the NPIT, but tries to do this from within whichever system is dominant.

NIPT-"the virus"
This identity subtype tries to infect others with a prevailing thought in order to create self-replicating satelites. The best memes are created by the NIPT.

NITP-"the loyalist"
The first of our value-heavy subtypes, the NITP creates an identity through adherence to usually one thought-style or system-style (which may evolve slowly over the years), finding the similarity of all things within this frame.

NTIP-"the armchair general"
One of two pure rationals-this type likes to win. It will usually win long before playing the game, having created and perfected the gaming system.

NTPI-"the arcologist"
The second of the pure rationals, the NTPI tends towards creating utopian architectures. It does this out of a strong intuition of global truth.

I-type

"The solipsists"

INTP-"the unabomber"
With the strong sense of values and identity, this type leads to a greater truth by quiet example.

INPT-"bodhidharma"
This type, the second of the hermit-like INs, seeks obliteration of the personality through calm meditation.

IPNT-"the deadhead"
These types tend to be long-simmering hippies, who are secretly yearning for a simpler existence, usually involving nature or anachronism.

IPTN-"the stoner"
Stoned or not, this type uses themselves as the basic element in their fantasy world. Consequently, they tend to make very self-indulgent frameworks to inhabit.

ITNP-"slow burn"
These annihilate their personalities with their razor brains, and can get into J/P spirals that can lead to madness and suicide.

ITPN-"the cutter"
This type has all the identity strife of the ITNP, but tends to externalize it as physical activity of some kind. The two ITs tend to be the most objective of all the subtypes, because they are constantly forced to face their faults.

T-type

"The editor"

TNIP-"the global paradox"
This is the first of the two flipped rationals. From a long tradition of having their N destroy the workings of their T, the TNIP has found a way to boil anything down to a single metaphorical paradox.

TNPI-"the saboteur"
The other of the flipped rationals, the TNPI has found a favored heuristic with which to destroy any system. This type prefers to destroy in service of a stronger whole, which it ironically knows will never be perfect or complete.

TIPN-"the ourobouros"
This artistic subtype is always destroying itself, finding an identity in the process of constant self-creation. This is the mellower version of the ITs.

TINP-"the silver bullet"
This subtype is always searching for the achilles' heel of a system, with the goal of being recognized as the person who brought it down.

TPIN-"the stress test"
This type is the pure analyst who succeeds in dispassionately running simulations in their mind. These are the best visualizers out of all the 384 subtypes.

TPNI-"the actuary"
This type is the most ambivalent of identity as well as the most logical of the subtypes. The pure debater.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I don't know enough about all that Fe, Ti, etc. stuff to agree/disagree. Thanks for including me though.

W

WALMART

[MENTION=16748]Il Morto Che Parla[/MENTION]

Very intriguing. Now for the other fifteen :ninja: