• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could Fi be faked?

R

Riva

Then again fakeness is a tool for manipulation. Does not Fi ever desire manipulation?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anything can be faked, I guess Fi would be one of the most difficult since Fi is partly about being true to one's self, but yea... I mean, it's a cognitive function, not an ability blah blah.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
i can see a person with fi believing themselves to be a moral authority and brain washing those who are weaker into accepting the paradigm belief system that it has created. i believe fi can become delusional when it cuts itself off from the world.

yea, fi can be faked.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i can see a person with fi believing themselves to be a moral authority and brain washing those who are weaker into accepting the paradigm belief system that it has created. i believe fi can become delusional when it cuts itself off from the world.
yea, fi can be faked.

Fi users don't "brainwash" people in the way that Fe users do. an Fi user trying to win people to his side of the crusade is more likely to use a more forceful, direct approach with the aid of Te. Fi/Te is a much more aggressive, fiery combination than either of the two functions alone. it is less concerned with persuading people and thinks more along the lines of "either you're with me or you're enemy! repent sinners lest I strike thee down!". ie, they don't give a shit about what you feel, they only care about what you believe and if it is in line with what they themselves do. Fi is too uncompromising and Te too direct to resort to the kind of diplomacy and social give and take necessary for the kind of manipulation mentioned in the OP.
[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION]
Fi users can be manipulative, but they aren't using Fi to do so. I've manipulated people before with Ne/Te, but it's in a different way entirely. basically, I just throw up a really professional, competent looking image, back my zany ideas with some empirical evidence and deliver the message in a confident, authoritative voice.
PS: to be honest, though most of the times I've manipulated people like this have been on accident, as I quite enjoy this demeanor and I have this tendency to be able to sound REALLY competent when I actually have no idea what I'm talking about...only to realize this later and fall flat on my face. I guess I'm still a wannabe TJ 3w4 :(

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
oh wow, nice to find myself agreeing with you once in a while :)
Fi users don't "brainwash" people in the way that Fe users do. an Fi user trying to win people to his side of the crusade is more likely to use a more forceful, direct approach with the aid of Te. Fi/Te is a much more aggressive, fiery combination than either of the two functions alone. it is less concerned with persuading people and thinks more along the lines of "either you're with me or you're enemy! repent sinners lest I strike thee down!". ie, they don't give a shit about what you feel, they only care about what you believe and if it is in line with what they themselves do. Fi is too uncompromising and Te too direct to resort to the kind of diplomacy and social give and take necessary for the kind of manipulation mentioned in the OP.
[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION]
Fi users can be manipulative, but they aren't using Fi to do so. I've manipulated people before with Ne/Te, but it's in a different way entirely. basically, I just throw up a really professional, competent looking image, back my zany ideas with some empirical evidence and deliver the message in a confident, authoritative voice.
PS: to be honest, though most of the times I've manipulated people like this have been on accident, as I quite enjoy this demeanor and I have this tendency to be able to sound REALLY competent when I actually have no idea what I'm talking about...only to realize this later and fall flat on my face. I guess I'm still a wannabe TJ 3w4 :(