• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type am I???

SeaSerpent

MBTI Type
ISFP
I have taken every free MBTI online test I could find, and I got inconsistent results: once as INFJ, once as ISFP, once as ISFJ, and once as INTP. So I figure I will look for insight from specific people rather than from a general test. So, here goes.
I feel a bit silly posting here at all, expecting people to take the time to read this. Though everyone here is here because they enjoy analyzing personalities, so there is no good reason to feel as I do.
All in all, I am a very private and solitary person. I enjoy reading, mostly nonfiction since I have very high standards for fiction. I love to learn for the sake of learning, whether it is developing my skills at my musical instrument, studying various foreign languages, or thinking about science and all its implications. Math is interesting too, though I am more interested in the 'why's of math than in its 'how's; not in its practical applications.
I have an intense appreciation for beauty, and the physical qualities of all that surrounds me. This is part of why I keep to myself for the most part. I highly value other people, and what few meaningful interactions I do have, but I am usually too overwhelmed by my sensing and my racing thoughts to have a proper face-to-face conversation. I can be slow to respond when people speak to me because it can take a while for me to organize my thoughts to satisfaction. It is very important to me to use the exact right words when I talk to others.
I feel a bit bad using 'I' so much, and I don't want to come across as self-absorbed, but no one else can explain my personality on the internet but me, so I suppose the 'I's are acceptable in this context.
I am obsessed with my inner workings and with my body, my heartbeat, the pulsing of my veins. The sensations I feel are enough to keep me entertained for hours. It baffles me how little many people appreciate these things. I stare at myself in the mirror a lot, not because I think I am exceptionally amazing or beautiful, but because I think people in general are beautiful, and if I stare at anyone else for extended periods of time, they may feel uncomfortable or think I am creepy. I cannot emphasize enough how beautiful I find everything, visual, auditory, and all. When I am alone I sometime just touch things, and marvel at how these physical things exist at all.
I have an exceptionally good memory. I can recall every detail of things I have not seen or done in years without difficulty. I can remember every quality of a piece of music after only hearing it once, or twice as a rare exception.
Among my many faults are my excessive emotions, my everlasting self-doubt, and my lack of confidence. It seems wrong to be confident, or to pretend to be confident, because though I am not a bad person, the kind of confidence most people talk about seems unjustified in many cases. Since so much is unsure in life, presenting the image of being sure seems an injustice to all of the unknowns that life comprises.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I apologize for its length. From what I have written here, what type do do I sound like?

W

WALMART

INFJ or ISFP. It's hard to tell the difference for me, but I am leaning towards the latter.

Burger King

My guess is some sort of IXFJ. Your result of IXFJ/INTP seems reasonable as I don't detect Te, which was the first thing that stuck out to me.

I feel a bit silly posting here at all, expecting people to take the time to read this. Though everyone here is here because they enjoy analyzing personalities, so there is no good reason to feel as I do.
I feel a bit bad using 'I' so much, and I don't want to come across as self-absorbed, but no one else can explain my personality on the internet but me, so I suppose the 'I's are acceptable in this context.

This all sounds like Fe (extroverted feeling).

I have an exceptionally good memory. I can recall every detail of things I have not seen or done in years without difficulty. I can remember every quality of a piece of music after only hearing it once, or twice as a rare exception.

I'm reluctant to type the perceiving function because it's hard to spot personally, but this sounds like Si (introverted sensation).

Last edited: