• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ni Doms/Auxs! Do interruptions irk the heck out of you?

A

Anew Leaf

Honestly, I don't even have to be interrupted for some of the same to apply; it can happen any time I'm trying to extrovert my thoughts out.

/hard to know how much of this is really tied to Ni, though, vs. something that's kinda universally more applicable to many introverts.

@bold: lol, if writing hadn't been invented, I would never communicate.

@second, that is what I was thinking with this thread. In order for me to be productive, I have to get into an internal zone, and if I am interrupted, I get really crabby. If I want to write, I frequently can't even have music on because it distracts me.

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I hate it! I have a roommate and she sometimes will ask me questions while I'm doing h.w and other things so I started wearing headphones( not those tiny ear buds but the huge ones) when I'm in the zone.....no music I just keep them on so she will think I can't hear her and won't think I'm being rude. Headphones also block out some of the background noise which is an added bonus lol.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes. It's one of the quickest ways to irritate me.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ne doms can't stand to be interrupted either... Well can't stand is a strong statement... I will totally lose my flow...and have no clue what I was saying but honestly it doesn't bug me a whole lot... I mean I get it and accidentally do it too sometimes... But yeah everything just goes poof.

RoadPaveMent

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes. If you want me to drop everything and go with you even though I've been so caught up and productive with what I'm doing, you better give me a several-minute warning. :ranting: