• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

There are so many crappy tests around

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ok, let's say I'm an extraverted bachelor's student who makes time for solitary work as well as teamwork. Let's say I schedule some of my time with high level goals, and at some times I just relax and try to forget my studies. I do some detailed work and some big picture work. Other work requires technical skills, other stuff needs imagination. I save and spend money like anyone else there's stuff I like and stuff like hate, as with any person on earth. All in all like an average guy with some personal traits and such. You know the thing.

So, here I answer as truthfully as possible to some tests, and there's results:

-one tests tells I'm some fluffy puffy feel-good soul who's too sensitive for this world
-according to another test, I'm some adventurous daredevil
-yet another tells I'm an achiever who strives for everone else's acceptance through hard work
-some test tells I'm antagonistic and plan-driven, bit of an individualist
-other test paints me as a some shrewd social networker and an entertainer

I'm saying, fuck it. Just fuck it.

Not one of these tests offer a hint of insight to my person I don't already have.

So, what's up with these shitty goddamned tests and why have I even bothered to do any of them in the first place? What a waste of time. At least I know to concentrate more on something useful. A goddamned book on computer languages would be more useful.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
100% correct Mr.Santtu.

A lot of people just like to answer the tests in the way they would like to be in order to get told what they want to hear about themselves, and then use that test as 'proof' of their 'personality'. 99% of this stuff is pretentious bullshit. I try to find the useful 1% and laugh at the rest of it.

93JC

"Fuck it" indeed.

The tests can't tell you anything you don't already know. If you take these tests with the idea that they will ultimately give you new insights into your personality you will always come away disappointed. The test results are merely a regurgitation of your input.

If for example your Myers-Briggs type is ENTJ it's ENTJ because, stereotypically, that's the one that fit your responses to the test better than the others. Nothing more and nothing less.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
100% correct Mr.Santtu.

A lot of people just like to answer the tests in the way they would like to be in order to get told what they want to hear about themselves, and then use that test as 'proof' of their 'personality'. 99% of this stuff is pretentious bullshit. I try to find the useful 1% and laugh at the rest of it.

Exactly. Whenever I feel like I'm a certain type or I feel like I want to be a certain type, I score as it on tests. I'm willing to bet a lot of people on here aren't actually N's.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Fuck it" indeed.

The tests can't tell you anything you don't already know. If you take these tests with the idea that they will ultimately give you new insights into your personality you will always come away disappointed. The test results are merely a regurgitation of your input.

If for example your Myers-Briggs type is ENTJ it's ENTJ because, stereotypically, that's the one that fit your responses to the test better than the others. Nothing more and nothing less.

Just take good ones and answer truthfully.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The best 1% is actually pretty helpful. Just rare enough no-one can find new stuff like that every day.

But yeah, stuff for laughs never gets old =)

Like enneagram - I learned a lot about myself not so much just by the test result but by digging behind what it all meant and how certain things manifested in my life.