• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

P's, how clean/neat/organized are you?

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do try to keep my space neat and tidy when there is time. When I put time into cleaning, I enjoy some of the tasks, but the thoughts of cleaning cause dread. The environment around me/cleanliness are things that my brain glosses over and this drives neatfreaks crazy. My folders/papers from my classes are in chaos too, but I can find things just fine. My are studio is my "me" space and let's just say this shows.

My thought process is on the scattered side too, but even with this being said, I can be very goal-oriented. I am generally a messy, disorganized person and my workspace/art studio are chaos. At the workplace, this has affected me a bit. Some people point out messes I've left and my brain doesn't pick up on every little detail. When life gets busy, the mess continues to pileup.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I try to pick my stuff off the floor and such, but besides that I'm a mess.

I feel bad cause like I'll be eating some chips and leave chip crumbs on the floor and I'm completely oblivious to it. Or my roomie will find coffee on the sink cause I filled my coffee cup with water without the lights on and didn't notice any coffee stains.

I've never been one to make to do lists. I'd probably lose the list anyway. But I see no point in taking the time to write lists of things I can easily remember. As scatterbrained as I am, I have a pretty good memory.

I organize my things into different compartments at first, but they just turn into boxes of randomness. My school stuff is pretty disorganized too. Ah yes, I put that 3/4 of the way into my bag.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Semi-structured chaos.

I like it more organized but usually have to hit a threshold before I make time for it. I can accommodate clutter, I just don't like dirty much.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I focus on the sweet spot of the continuum that makes it easiest to navigate my place.

I've lived with people who are completely messy, and I would organize their stuff into simple categories. One had an entire room piled with old computer parts, so I bought some plastic drawers and labeled all of them for the different sorts of cables, so that stuff can be found. I do that sort of thing with my stuff which is best epitomized in getting a toy box to throw all the clothes a person could throw on the floor. The huge piled mess makes it impossible to find anything, so I feel like I might as well give it all away if I can't use it or find stuff.

I also lived with a neat freak that would extensively vacuum all the time, do extensive litterbox cleaning every week, taking it outside, hosing it down, refilling the litter, etc. I would try to stay out of his way and not leave piled stuff, and he would sometimes move my stuff or take away cups before I was done and that sort of thing. I mostly felt sorry for him to waste so much time on redundant cleaning, but I was chill and cooperative about it.

I found both people ended up wasting a lot by being one extreme or the other. I grew up with very piley messy people, so I ended up being the organizer, but I'm waaaaaaaay different than a neat-freak. It makes me nervous when people have hyper precision. I'm unusually flexible in my ability to live with people at the extreme ends of the spectrum and fill in for the gaps, but also kinda go along with whatever. My place now is pretty much put away, but drawers are mostly stuffed full of whatever category of things that belong there.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
I'm pretty sure an Estj mom can teach any type to be clean,neat and organized :huh: .