• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why are there fewer ENTJs and ENFJs on MBTI forums compared to the other N types?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Has anyone else noticed this as well?

The most common types on MBTI forums seem to be INXX. Actually, I think INFX may edge out INTX slightly, but both are very common. This is not surprising. Typology is theoretical in nature, hence the N appeal. Also, typing yourself and others involves some degree of introspection, something in the realm of introversion.

Not far behind, are the two ENXP types, ENTP and ENFP. Maybe it's the dominant Ne funciton, seeing all of the possibilities in the world and the excitement of something new like typology that draws these types in.

However, the remaining two N types, ENTJ and ENFJ seem to be the rarest among the 8 N types on typology related forums. Why is this?
My guess would be that as extraverts, they might not be given as much to introspection. Unlike ENXP types, they are not dominant N types. ENFJs are dominant Fe and ENTJs are dominant Te. Maybe these functions don't seem as into typology? ENFJs using Fe more in the outer world, in their social groups. Same sort of thing with ENTJs, Te, setting goals and accomplishing them. Maybe they see forums like this as a waste of time?

Don't get me wrong, there are several highly prolific posters on here who are ENTJ or ENFJ but as a whole these two types just don't seem as common.

Has anyone else noticed this or anyone have other theories as to why this is so?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't like either of these 2 types as they would rather spend their whole day bossing people around rather than actually spending time inside of their minds so it follows that a forum like this just like the OP said is not immediately productive as so much of the time is devoted to introspection rather than results which is why ENFJs and ENTJs here are not quite as common I would think.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They get bored of it more quickly than other types. MBTI is rather simplistic. Lack of stimulation communicating through virtual medium. Tbh I don't have a clue why there are so few of them on this forum.

Tessertime

MBTI Type
INTP
My one friend is what I would classify an ENTJ in an MBTI sense, so I can explain ENTJs (healthy ENTJs):
He enjoys browsing through the news, and other items, on his phone. He is also completing his masters and can be quite the workaholic (I imagine a lot of ENTJs would spend a majority of their time in schooling or working on their job). If he isn't doing that, he is volunteering, or organizing other things.
He is an extremely brilliant and balanced ENTJ working on developing himself, and others who follow him, to the best he can. He strives for competence, organization, and self-improvement.
He isn't the type to sign up to fora like this. I don't see it ever happening. It would be an absolute waste of time, because (a) nothing is being achieved, and (b) there is no control to be had.

To be honest, I am surprised he calls me a friend. He is the type of individual who will go incredibly far (and I mean far) and will amount to more than a majority of people could ever hope to amount to. The only conflict he and I can have, is that I find it a struggle to get out there and lead. It builds character, and it is necessary (in my career field), but it can be painful. I'd much prefer to sit back, observe, contribute if I have anything, advise, and keep to my thoughts. He is more prone to stepping up, delegating positions, organizing, planning, and getting things done efficiently and effectively.
That is my ENTJ friend in a nutshell.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not a lot of ESTJs or ESFJs either. It is by definition the preference of the ExxJ to act in the tangible world.

I wouldn't say they're all not introspective, though. I have known a good number who are. They still prefer to focus outside themselves.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
My one friend is what I would classify an ENTJ in an MBTI sense, so I can explain ENTJs (healthy ENTJs):
He enjoys browsing through the news, and other items, on his phone. He is also completing his masters and can be quite the workaholic (I imagine a lot of ENTJs would spend a majority of their time in schooling or working on their job). If he isn't doing that, he is volunteering, or organizing other things.
He is an extremely brilliant and balanced ENTJ working on developing himself, and others who follow him, to the best he can. He strives for competence, organization, and self-improvement.
He isn't the type to sign up to fora like this. I don't see it ever happening. It would be an absolute waste of time, because (a) nothing is being achieved, and (b) there is no control to be had.

To be honest, I am surprised he calls me a friend. He is the type of individual who will go incredibly far (and I mean far) and will amount to more than a majority of people could ever hope to amount to. The only conflict he and I can have, is that I find it a struggle to get out there and lead. It builds character, and it is necessary (in my career field), but it can be painful. I'd much prefer to sit back, observe, contribute if I have anything, advise, and keep to my thoughts. He is more prone to stepping up, delegating positions, organizing, planning, and getting things done efficiently and effectively.
That is my ENTJ friend in a nutshell.

That doesn't explain why they infested personality cafe forum.

The truth is I drove them away here because realized its pointless to brag about their achievements here when they realize they are a fraud. There used to be a shitload of ENTJs here that say they are going to take over the world.
ENTJ have a reason to hang around mbti forum because they are the type most likely to brag about their superiority using the mbti label, because they only get recognized in the MBTI community as being "gods". In the real world, they don't get this kind of :worthy: :worthy: recongnition, because nobody gives a shit about the MBTI , they are losers just like everybody else.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It could be the ENJ tendency for closure that they don't need to hang round so much. They seem to be the least hazy ouot of all intuitive types, and speculation is such an introverted/intuitive thing it's not funny. Same reason why there are not as many SJs?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
You might also ask why the ENJs are the least intelligent of all Ns...

:whistling:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You might also ask why the ENJs are the least intelligent of all Ns...

:whistling:

Because of course MBTI type is THE number one indicator of intelligence level...

They're probably out getting stuff done, but maybe they don't feel welcome? :huh:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most Ive known here on the forum and clicked with are great, smart and intriguing...unfortunately most also notice way sooner than some other types and care way more that this forum is addictive and a huge time sink :)

Most leave not soon after.

Tessertime

MBTI Type
INTP

The truth is I drove them away here because realized its pointless to brag about their achievements here when they realize they are a fraud. There used to be a shitload of ENTJs here that say they are going to take over the world.
ENTJ have a reason to hang around mbti forum because they are the type most likely to brag about their superiority using the mbti label, because they only get recognized in the MBTI community as being "gods". In the real world, they don't get this kind of :worthy: :worthy: recongnition, because nobody gives a shit about the MBTI , they are losers just like everybody else.

That is absolute nonsense. I imagine a few ENTJs can have a superiority complex due to Te and Ni, and with Fi as the inferior, but I don't see ENTJs bragging about their accomplishments any more than I would an INTJ or INTP. Yes, you will find some vain people. I also thought that INTJs were seen as Gods lol; that is also in dispute.
We all know that INTPs are the actual Gods; geniuses in their own rights who, if they made an effort to get things done, would rule the world.

Just to say why I think the argument put forward is nonsense is because (1) vain ENTJs like that would likely not budge as they can easily take the moral high ground and stay there (I've seen it), and (2) there would be consistent ENTJs moving through the forums here, causing chaos as they went.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
That is absolute nonsense. I imagine a few ENTJs can have a superiority complex due to Te and Ni, and with Fi as the inferior, but I don't see ENTJs bragging about their accomplishments any more than I would an INTJ or INTP. Yes, you will find some vain people. I also thought that INTJs were seen as Gods lol; that is also in dispute.

Sorry, I don't agree.
We all know that INTPs are the actual Gods; geniuses in their own rights who, if they made an effort to get things done, would rule the world.

BS, if you are capable of ruling the world, you would not suck another type's dick.

Just to say why I think the argument put forward is nonsense is because (1) vain ENTJs like that would likely not budge as they can easily take the moral high ground and stay there (I've seen it), and (2) there would be consistent ENTJs moving through the forums here, causing chaos as they went.

Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying here.

Go visit Personality Cafe. There are shitloads of them there. You only have a limited time to there because I will take over that place eventually and rape them like they never been raped before.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've remarked on the fact before that there's less ENTs around here period, not just ENTJs, than there have been in the past. But, to get to the point, there are a couple of reason why I think there are less ENJs around here.

First is that ENJs are more likely than others to come to this site with a very specific goal in mind, and are likely to move on once that goal has been fufilled. That gets at a second semi-related point which is that the inner workings of typology are not as compelling to us as the fact that it works (if that makes any sense). Endless rumination over a subject doesn't appeal as much as getting out and applying it in a practical way.

Finally, the thing that keeps most of the active members here has nothing to do with typology itself, but with the social component of the site. I know this last one is a barrier to entry, but I'm not 100% sure why. We tend to be more conservative, so the idea of building online relationships may seem a little far out/pointless. And assuming that's not an issue, our pride probably wouldn't allow for us to invest the time in navigating a site as clique-y as this one. If there are more active ENJs at personalitycafe as someone mentioned, it's either because a)the people there are mistyped, or b)the forum's culture is more open than this one's is.

More tangibly, most of the ENTJs that I've known here have left simply because life called and it was time to move on. Sometimes shit's just that simple. :shrug:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

If it means that much to you, sweetheart, we could make you an honorary member. We'd get you your own decoder ring and everything. :)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Because of course MBTI type is THE number one indicator of intelligence level...

Yes, because that's EXACTLY what I said.

I dont think this site is a closed shop or cliquey

You also didn't know who MacGuffin was...

I've remarked on the fact before that there's less ENTs around here period, not just ENTJs, than there have been in the past. But, to get to the point, there are a couple of reason why I think there are less ENJs around here.

First is that ENJs are more likely than others to come to this site with a very specific goal in mind, and are likely to move on once that goal has been fufilled. That gets at a second semi-related point which is that the inner workings of typology are not as compelling to us as the fact that it works (if that makes any sense). Endless rumination over a subject doesn't appeal as much as getting out and applying to it in a practical way.

Finally, the thing that keeps most of the active members here has nothing to do with typology itself, but with the social component of the site. I know this last one is a barrier to entry, but I'm not 100% sure why. We tend to be more conservative, so the idea of building online relationships may seem a little far out/pointless. And assuming that's not an issue, our pride probably wouldn't allow for us to invest the time in navigating a site as clique-y as this one. If there are more active ENJs at personalitycafe as someone mentioned, it's either because a)the people there are mistyped, or b)the forum's culture is more open than this one's is.

More tangibly, most of the ENTJs that I've known here have left simply because life called and it was time to move on. Sometimes shit's just that simple. :shrug:

Pretty much what Rex said.

Most ENJs would find spending time on a forum a waste.

Part of that is probably cuz they're busy doing shit in the real world.

But some part of it is probably because, on average, they're less intelligent.

An interesting question is whether the ones who do come here are more intelligent than average for their type.