• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why are there fewer ENTJs and ENFJs on MBTI forums compared to the other N types?

G

Glycerine

[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION], I honestly don't pay too much attention to the discussions about intelligence so I only knew a little about your views. My inquiry was merely out of curiosity rather than from a defensive stance. Anyways, the argument would have been pointless because like you were demonstrating, it would swelter to a futile exercise in relativism making the concept of "intelligence" moot, in a way. In the end, I just wanted to see how you viewed it so thank you.

R

Riva

The thing is, I've seen you be oblivious about enough other things (I'd have to put you and Riva near the top of the "most oblivious members of the forum" list) that it wouldn't be completely out of the realm of possibility.

I know who Mac is dammit!

Also I'm a catching up people.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's mainly the tertiary se, tbh in these types, keeps them very focused and goal oriented in the real world. Probably there is some sort of subconscious stratifying division of intellectual labor in society which prevents them from willing themselves to become engaged in this sort of subject matter to the same degree.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENJ (along with EST) is the "In Charge" Interaction Style, or "Choleric" in Inclusion
http://www.interactionstyles.com/incharge.html
http://www.pastoral-counseling-center.org/Temperament-Area-of-Inclusion/choleric-inclusion.htm

They are more goal oriented, and tend to approach people for their goal, and then move on; so they are not really into interaction that much, even though they look like it. They will use the internet a lot for their businesses, but probably less so just to exchange information like we do on these boards.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The thing is, I've seen you be oblivious about enough other things (I'd have to put you and Riva near the top of the "most oblivious members of the forum" list) that it wouldn't be completely out of the realm of possibility.

I've noticed you comment on this kind of thing before... I am a bit curious as to why you seem so interested in the social dynamics of the forum and who is/isn't in the loop. It doesn't seem very INTJ.

G

Ginkgo

Je is all about expected standards for people and for things. Typoc just doesn't live up the the typical standards people live by - it's an inadequate place for seriously discussing theories, for making social contacts, or for doing anything of real function. Discussing theories is probably its greatest strength, yet Je is very much about utility and the practical applications brought forth by typology are typically and inherently a specialty for Je, the functions of organizing people and things. I'm guessing that introverts are often drawn to typology because it helps them cope with the people in their lives by providing a means for conceptualizing people and minimizing perceived social problems.

N has less to do with it IMO. There are more ISPs on this form then there are ENJs.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I've noticed you comment on this kind of thing before... I am a bit curious as to why you seem so interested in the social dynamics of the forum and who is/isn't in the loop. It doesn't seem very INTJ.

Excellent example of making a false judgment based on a simplistic generalization about type.

How bout you spin it this way: I make truth claims, observations about what is, rank things based on criteria.

Objectively, these two show themselves to be extremely oblivious to facts that are more-or-less widely known.

When someone spends as much time as they do here, but is somehow that oblivious to such obvious things...

Well, it damages their credibility to gather the facts that are right there in front of them -- to me, this matters.

I was also president of my class in high school, in a fraternity, and captain of multiple sports teams.

Does that also not fit your simplistic understanding of how it is INTJs should be?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
You don't see as many ENTJ's on these forums for a couple of reasons:

1. Most ENTJ types are workaholics and don't have time to sit there and bullshit on this site all day. They have more "productive" things to do.
2. ENTJ's are harder to convince of the existence of mbti than many of the other intuitive types. If you pitch a simple personality system to the a lot of ENTJ types, many will dismiss it as a nuisance and many will say that it lacks the proper facts to support the theory. After all, ENTJ's tend to base their knowledge and beliefs on objective facts, and if they don't see that the facts support mbti, then they will throw it out like the morning trash.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Excellent example of making a false judgment based on a simplistic generalization about type.

How bout you spin it this way: I make truth claims, observations about what is, rank things based on criteria.

Objectively, these two show themselves to be extremely oblivious to facts that are more-or-less widely known.

When someone spends as much time as they do here, but is somehow that oblivious to such obvious things...

Well, it damages their credibility to gather the facts that are right there in front of them -- to me, this matters.

I was also president of my class in high school, in a fraternity, and captain of multiple sports teams.

Does that also not fit your simplistic understanding of how it is INTJs should be?

No, it's none of that, more the fact that you seem to find it expedient to put people down/discredit them by attacking their status in the social hierarchy.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I've remarked on the fact before that there's less ENTs around here period, not just ENTJs, than there have been in the past. But, to get to the point, there are a couple of reason why I think there are less ENJs around here.

First is that ENJs are more likely than others to come to this site with a very specific goal in mind, and are likely to move on once that goal has been fufilled. That gets at a second semi-related point which is that the inner workings of typology are not as compelling to us as the fact that it works (if that makes any sense). Endless rumination over a subject doesn't appeal as much as getting out and applying it in a practical way.

Finally, the thing that keeps most of the active members here has nothing to do with typology itself, but with the social component of the site. I know this last one is a barrier to entry, but I'm not 100% sure why. We tend to be more conservative, so the idea of building online relationships may seem a little far out/pointless. And assuming that's not an issue, our pride probably wouldn't allow for us to invest the time in navigating a site as clique-y as this one. If there are more active ENJs at personalitycafe as someone mentioned, it's either because a)the people there are mistyped, or b)the forum's culture is more open than this one's is.

More tangibly, most of the ENTJs that I've known here have left simply because life called and it was time to move on. Sometimes shit's just that simple. :shrug:

I dont think this site is a closed shop or cliquey

You also didn't know who MacGuffin was...

This is why I'm awesome.

If you're saying you were just trolling, I'd definitely considered that.

I barely read that thread, but noticed that part as I skimmed.

No, it's none of that, more the fact that you seem to find it expedient to put people down/discredit them by attacking their status in the social hierarchy.

You may want to check how much of what you're perceiving is merely projection.

What you see as "attacking their status in the social hierarchy", perhaps I just see as stating it how it is.

That being said, you seem to be working with a flawed premise that INTJs don't recognize/concern themselves with "social hierarchy".

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You might want to check how much of what you are perceiving is merely projection
... said the only person on the forum who thought Morgan le Fay and I were two different people. :whistling:

R

Riva

[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] - in my defense, I don't follow blogs and threads which discusses personal issues in which i'm unable to give useful advice. Those are the threads which usually gives infor of members. And since I usually keep away I tend to not know. It's not my inability to gather information and arrive at effective conclusions. But if I have seen/read I would seldom forget. I can give you a good example but to do so I have to take permission from you to quote a discussion we had on ventrilo which I shall pm if you want me to. Anyway does this mean I have/can gain credibility in your high ranking alpha eyes? Hmmm... or does that even matter I wonder! You didn't know that sal was morg...

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

:rolleyes:

G

garbage

Three things:
  • Did I miss where, say, intelligence had a huge correlation with participation on MBTI forums and thus was actually worth discussing as a sidebar of the OP's question? Exactly how many threads have we had on intelligence and type on this forum? I prefer the discussion of the much more interesting initial question (but I'm not gonna dictate the direction of the thread, of course).
  • There are quite a few self- and other-typed ENTJs around here--or at least they're boisterous enough to make themselves seem prevalent :wink:
  • Online forums definitely have the capacity to help meet some targeted (or general) goal, and they have their advantages--the Internet contains a wealth and diversity of information that a 'live' social circle doesn't have ready access to. It may or may not be the best tool for some particular goal, but it's worth remembering that it's one tool of many that even very social folks might utilize.

Go visit Personality Cafe. There are shitloads of them there. You only have a limited time to there because I will take over that place eventually and rape them like they never been raped before.
What sort of timeline are we talking about here? I want to exactly know how long I have to visit.

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
... said the only person on the forum who thought Morgan le Fay and I were two different people. :whistling:

[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] - in my defense, I don't follow blogs and threads which discusses personal issues in which i'm unable to give useful advice. Those are the threads which usually gives infor of members. And since I usually keep away I tend to not know. It's not my inability to gather information and arrive at effective conclusions. But if I have seen/read I would seldom forget. I can give you a good example but to do so I have to take permission from you to quote a discussion we had on ventrilo which I shall pm if you want me to. Anyway does this mean I have/can gain credibility in your high ranking alpha eyes? Hmmm... or does that even matter I wonder! You didn't know that sal was morg...

No, Riva.

Now you've shown yourself to not only be oblivious, but to also parrot false assumptions.

:drwho:

R

Riva

No, Riva.Now you've shown yourself to not only be oblivious, but to also parrot false assumptions.:drwho:
Regarding the post you quoted of salome - Didn't you notice my reply post to her's was incomplete? It wasn't a statement made with the purpose to mock you. You are indeed a genius! Given the context of the scenario it is understandable you thought I was trying to mock you (though it was simply a question). But judging or mocking people when they are confused/lacks-knowledge isn't something I do and I wouldn't definitely hold it against them and assume they have horrible judgement.

sylph

MBTI Type
entj
Enneagram
see David Keirsey PLEASE UNDERSTAND ME II
INF's and NF's are here since their theme is serching for their self

Lark

Usual crap

I dont troll this site, or any other site, trolling is for the socially retarded who dont know how to act.

I dont feed the trolls either, which is why I responded as I did to your post.