• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why are there fewer ENTJs and ENFJs on MBTI forums compared to the other N types?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
You are correct, MBTI is not intelligence related. Each person has their own preferences. I could learn about vehicles, and I may one day. Someone like an ESTP may learn about theoretical physics.
Who knows; people are individuals.

Also, keep in mind this saying: You make MBTI. MBTI doesn't make you.

No, I disagree. How many smart ESFP's do you know, and how me ENTJ's do you know that are dumb asses? Seriously?

BluRoses

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
There are some pretty harsh things said about ENTJ's and ENFJ's on this thread....wow. I will say that as a person (not necessarily because I am ENFJ) I am very interested in introspection and growing as a person. I am also interested in others and generally consider myself to be intelligent. I did earn a Master's degree, so I have some proof to back this second claim up....

My main point is just that saying people are selfish if they are XXXX, or obviously stupid because they are type XXXX, is pretty ridiculous. People are ultimately individuals. That is one of the things I love the most about the human race is that we are all a mixed bag to some degree. Some of whatever MBTI type are going to be butts and some are going to be awesome. That's just statistics.

As to the original thread questions of why there are not more ENTJ's and ENFJ's? I would guess that as to ENFJ's it is because they are on PerC, or have not yet discovered MBTI. I know all of my friends are likely tired of me telling them how interesting I think the MBTI 16 personalities are (and the interactions!), and I need to go on here so I limit my bugging them. :D

I think it is very likely that my father is an ENTJ, and my guess as to why he is not on here is that he is too busy with all of his projects (he is always building something) and then telling other people about the projects.

Edit: Just realized this thread is SUPER OLD. Ooops. I was interested in the debate and did not pay attention to the dates.

Last edited:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Online interaction is a rather abstract form of social interaction very well suited to introverts in particular. This is because you can take as much time as needed to process and respond in communication. Also, too many social cues overwhelm introverts, so it is helpful to mostly exchange ideas without all the excess hugging, winking, and buttslapping of the real world.

Extroverts tend to like more immediate feedback and the feeling of social energy. Online communication could seem rather dry, slow, and abstract, which it is.

á´…eparted

passages
There are some pretty harsh things said about ENTJ's and ENFJ's on this thread....wow. I will say that as a person (not necessarily because I am ENFJ) I am very interested in introspection and growing as a person. I am also interested in others and generally consider myself to be intelligent. I did earn a Master's degree, so I have some proof to back this second claim up....

My main point is just that saying people are selfish if they are XXXX, or obviously stupid because they are type XXXX, is pretty ridiculous. People are ultimately individuals. That is one of the things I love the most about the human race is that we are all a mixed bag to some degree. Some of whatever MBTI type are going to be butts and some are going to be awesome. That's just statistics.

As to the original thread questions of why there are not more ENTJ's and ENFJ's? I would guess that as to ENFJ's it is because they are on PerC, or have not yet discovered MBTI. I know all of my friends are likely tired of me telling them how interesting I think the MBTI 16 personalities are (and the interactions!), and I need to go on here so I limit my bugging them. :D

I think it is very likely that my father is an ENTJ, and my guess as to why he is not on here is that he is too busy with all of his projects (he is always building something) and then telling other people about the projects.

Edit: Just realized this thread is SUPER OLD. Ooops. I was interested in the debate and did not pay attention to the dates.

I thought this was pretty benign. I have seen much worse things said about ENFJ's in particular before. Fe gets a lot of flak from introverts for a lot of reasons. As far as I can tell I have noticed that ENFJ's as a whole are introspective. They just often choose to outlet that in different ways than INxx types. Forums just likely don't seem like a good outlet for them on introspection. I personally find a lot of satisfaction out communicating on forums because it's like an interactive journal that I can go back to and re-read later. I'm quite social as well too. Using forums lets me scratch that itch and allow me to fly solo for longer periods of time before I get anxious/antsy. It's not a subistute for in person discussion though (which is perhaps the most useful tool for ENFJ's, and for a lot, likely the only one they use).

This thread is pretty old though so I don't think there's must benefit over dealing with old assertions people made. Many of whom don't frequent the forum much anymore either.

BluRoses

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Online interaction is a rather abstract form of social interaction very well suited to introverts in particular. This is because you can take as much time as needed to process and respond in communication. Also, too many social cues overwhelm introverts, so it is helpful to mostly exchange ideas without all the excess hugging, winking, and buttslapping of the real world.

Extroverts tend to like more immediate feedback and the feeling of social energy. Online communication could seem rather dry, slow, and abstract, which it is.

I can see that online interactions would be very well suited to introverts. However, I disagree about it being a bad fit for extroverts, at least when they are NF's. I know my idealism is showing here, but I have enjoyed talking to people on the internet since I was a teenager because you often get a more real picture of who a person is.

Online you are freed from many of the social restraints and bullshit that is often necessary face to face with a stranger. I enjoy being able to show "me" to people and knowing they are seeing me and not my outfit.

I can't speak for every extrovert or ENFJ though, obviously.