• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video case study of Extroverted Feeling vs. Introverted Feeling

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I found this interesting (definitely relate to the "Fi" stuff totally and the "Fe" stuff not at all - unsurprising.) However, the methodology is flawed. You have typed the individuals and then look for "proof" of that judgement. Some of it sounds plausible, but you get into really speculative territory with stuff like this:

“They are also not above telling white lies to make others feel better. *Hence Mulligan’s reassurance may not be sincere- maybe she thinks that Garfield talked for too long.”*

Well yeah, but she could also be sincere, so you're not actually proving anything at all with this statement. And who isn't above telling a white lie, anyway?

I'm skeptical of the value of this sort of thing. Though it's certainly fun.

- the video might be a bit too long and people might lose interest.
I thought it was too short...

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
*ahem* Just here to jump on the bandwagon and request more videos of this nature. [MENTION=41]Economica[/MENTION], this may be a stupid question, but is this your channel? I'll subscribe if it is.

I will say that I didn't necessarily agree with everything in the video, but I did enjoy it. Everyone else seems to be pointing out flaws quite nicely, so I'll just :popc1:.

Me too.

S

Stansmith

Fe vs Fi Behavior (with Celebrities)

Not sure if this has been posted, but I found this interesting:

The analysis makes Carey Mulligan seem evil (Fe) and Garfield seem rude and immature (Fi) :D

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought that was a pretty good video. I'm actually quite surprised that celebrity types appears to have typed both of them correctly.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This was awesome! Totally want to see more like this!

Um I'm a lil concerned for myself. Apparently I watched this video a year ago ??

I watched it a couple months ago and I thought it was the first time. :/

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've seen this. It was crazy how much I related to Garfield's little rant about kids in school. I wanted to like fist pound him after it, haha. Fi love :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that still frame is interesting actually...you can see her feeling being projected outward and his just sort of pooling around him...all self contained.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I found this interesting (definitely relate to the "Fi" stuff totally and the "Fe" stuff not at all - unsurprising.) However, the methodology is flawed. You have typed the individuals and then look for "proof" of that judgement. Some of it sounds plausible, but you get into really speculative territory with stuff like this:

“They are also not above telling white lies to make others feel better. *Hence Mulligan’s reassurance may not be sincere- maybe she thinks that Garfield talked for too long.”*

Well yeah, but she could also be sincere, so you're not actually proving anything at all with this statement. And who isn't above telling a white lie, anyway?

oh this is interesting...can you expand on why you identify more with the fi? is it just the fact that it's an internal judgment like your ti? i often get the impression that intps "get" fi better than many others....for whatever reason. or maybe it's that you guys are so non judgy that you are just accepting of it??

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

oh this is interesting...can you expand on why you identify more with the fi? is it just the fact that it's an internal judgment like your ti? i often get the impression that intps "get" fi better than many others....for whatever reason. or maybe it's that you guys are so non judgy that you are just accepting of it??

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I like INTP…so placid…

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
nice. one thing i noticed which you didnt mention here. when that guy(forgot his name already :D ) was talking long and then went like 'omg, did i just talk for too long?', its typical Fi behavior imo, first do stuff neglecting others, then feeling bad about it. Fe users usually dont do stuff without thinking for others and then feeling bad about it(not that Fi users always notice inappropriate behavior at all or always do inappropriate things), but Fe users tend to work in real time regarding to this sort of stuff. Like not doing the inappropriate thing at all or making sure that others arent bothered by it, before they take it so far that they feel the need to apologize.

also, i think Fi dom types are most likely to do something and then feel bad about it. Fi aux tends to perceive other peoples reactions more easily and not start feeling bad about doing something as easily, since dom Pe is more in tune with the external world and is able to see if people get pissed off about something they are doing and if they dont perceive it, they dont feel the need to feel bad. when it comes to Fi tert and inferior, i think this feeling bad about this sort of stuff is neglected in perceptions too, unlike Fi aux. however they use Te and Ji for knowing what to do and what not to do, but it requires them to learn this stuff and care about it. also Fi aux i think can utilize tert Te to learn(or more like remember learned) when something is inappropriate and when it is not, more so than Fi dom with inferior Te.

Also when it comes to Fe users(at least aux tert and inferior), i think they dont tend to feel bad about for talking too long(or stuff they say), because if they do talk for long or something similar, its most likely justified to them.
If that is the case, I am Fi-Dom rather than Ne-Dom. I'll get carried away with excitement, get a feeling that I might have done something wrong, then ask if I offended them in some way. Ne is so clear in my life, though.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh this is interesting...can you expand on why you identify more with the fi?

But we talked about this for hours already!

J/k :p

I have written a fair bit about INTPs having Fi (not Fe) around these parts. It hinges on whether you think the inferior function (Fe for INTP) is eighth or fourth in the 'stack'. Most people here assume it's fourth based on a superficial understanding of type dynamics, which doesn't make sense to me, given its oppositional nature. It's logical that INTPs would have an easier time with a function like Fi, which doesn't directly oppose their dominant one. Though not all of them demonstrate good conscious use, it's usually better than their Fe.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But we talked about this for hours already!

J/k :p

I have written a fair bit about INTPs having Fi (not Fe) around these parts. It hinges on whether you think the inferior function (Fe for INTP) is eighth or fourth in the 'stack'. Most people here assume it's fourth based on a superficial understanding of type dynamics, which doesn't make sense to me, given its oppositional nature. It's logical that INTPs would have an easier time with a function like Fi, which doesn't directly oppose their dominant one. Though not all of them demonstrate good conscious use, it's usually better than their Fe.

:laugh: i kinda believed you for a sec! haha

and okay...yeah that feels right to me too. that's interesting i like it...i may go sit in the darkness awhile and ponder that :D

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
If that is the case, I am Fi-Dom rather than Ne-Dom. I'll get carried away with excitement, get a feeling that I might have done something wrong, then ask if I offended them in some way. Ne is so clear in my life, though.

i used words like "more likely" and "tend to", this means that this isnt something you should type yourself based on. it means that if you take 100 people, more Fi doms are this way and more Fi aux are the other way, not that all Fi doms are certain ways and Fi aux the other way. when it comes to behavioral things which arise from functions, those are all tendenciesto behave in certain ways, behavior alone is never something you should be typing based on. its kinda like with the example that introverts tend to be more shy than extraverts, that doesent mean that you would automatically be introvert if you are shy.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

They are our twins. They see the truth of us because 1. they are us but in an adjacent way and 2. the similarity mixed with the difference breeds much questioning as to how we differ and how we don't. Its a good puzzle to help them see the truth of themselves by playing " we're like this in all these things but these"

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They are our twins. They see the truth of us because 1. they are us but in an adjacent way and 2. the similarity mixed with the difference breeds much questioning as to how we differ and how we don't. Its a good puzzle to help them see the truth of themselves by playing " we're like this in all these things but these"

My I/E preference has always been ambiguous to me, but not nearly as ambiguous as my T/F preference.

This is in contrast to my N preference and P preference, which are both blatantly obvious, super-strong, and nearly total. I could never be mistaken for an S or a J.
[MENTION=3216]Thursday[/MENTION]

What do you think?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My I/E preference has always been ambiguous to me, but not nearly as ambiguous as my T/F preference.

This is in contrast to my N preference and P preference, which are both blatantly obvious, super-strong, and nearly total. I could never be mistaken for an S or a J.
[MENTION=3216]Thursday[/MENTION]

What do you think?

I think the sooner you get that "I/T/F/E" thinking out of your system, the better. Thats like picking cars based on the shape and not the engine and steering and gas usuage, etc. You've got it backwards. Are you someone who is more into the possibility of something or the importance and impact?

Here is a video that will sort you out like an iron to a pair of wrinkled slacks (done by an INTJ) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn_ME622T_M