• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Passive Profiling Shortcuts

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd like to hear what you guys have found to be some of the best, most accurate, passive profiling tip-offs. I'm going to assume that we're all adults and we realize that none of these are 100% truths - so we can save any of the 'stereotyping' pushback. Humans are complex and we're making generalizations, that's a given. That being said, what are some of the things you notice about particular types that are dead giveaways?

I'll start with some ENFJ observations:

They're extremely particular about how they keep their homes, how they dress and anything else that will reflect on them to other people in the same way. By contrast they're typically not bothered by disorder when they encounter it in other people. How people keep their home is a great tip-off in general. ENFJs, ESFJs and ESTJs will usually have the best kept homes. ENFJs will be more modern, ESTJs will usually be more traditional and ESTJ's homes will usually be very clean, but typically not quite as warm and inviting as the other two.

ENFJs are probably the most compulsive list makers.

I've seen Fe primary manifest in different behaviors, but the home environment and list making have been absolutely consistent with all ENFJs I've profiled.

What have you got?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ya I gotta agree with your ENFJ descrption and their mindless sense of social order that they have such a compulsive desire to impose not to mention their overly conscientious attitudes about order in the home as well as in public. There are a billion other qualities I could mention as to why this type, my opposite type sets me off but as an ISTP I'm too lazy to go into all of that detail like every other dang type would so desire.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd like to hear what you guys have found to be some of the best, most accurate, passive profiling tip-offs. I'm going to assume that we're all adults and we realize that none of these are 100% truths - so we can save any of the 'stereotyping' pushback. Humans are complex and we're making generalizations, that's a given. That being said, what are some of the things you notice about particular types that are dead giveaways?

You claim to not be stereotyping but yet you're looking for dead giveaways. Isn't that being stereotypical? In typing, there are no dead giveaways. Nothing is absolute, no signs are failproof. Yes, there are behaviors that are far more common with some types than others but you can't just go by one particular observation and make an absolute conclusion on type.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You claim to not be stereotyping but yet you're looking for dead giveaways. Isn't that being stereotypical? In typing, there are no dead giveaways. Nothing is absolute, no signs are failproof. Yes, there are behaviors that are far more common with some types than others but you can't just go by one particular observation and make an absolute conclusion on type.

I didn't say I wasn't stereotyping. That's exactly what I'm doing. I said you could save the pushback. I didn't say I was making absolute conclusions either.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I didn't say I wasn't stereotyping. That's exactly what I'm doing. I said you could save the pushback. I didn't say I was making absolute conclusions either.
The point is that you're making a ridiculous request because...

In typing, there are no dead giveaways.

It doesn't matter that you aren't making a 100% conclusion. There simply aren't these "dead giveaways."

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The point is that you're making a ridiculous request because...

It doesn't matter that you aren't making a 100% conclusion. There simply aren't these "dead giveaways."

I disagree. And if that's your take, great, but this post wasn't intended for you. There are plenty of other people here who would agree with you. As for us, we can agree to disagree. Thanks.

justsayin

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have to type on my phone tonight, so I will just explain what I have noticed in a story.

The other day I met someone and recognized her speech patterns and mannerisms to be very similar to a good friend of mine. I happen to know that friend is an isfj, but very weak on the s. So, with this new acquaintance, I tailored my own mannerisms and comments to speak to who I suspected her to be. Perfect. She understood what I was trying to say quickly and easily.

I am becoming aware of those subtleties more and more often, and they certainly do work to my advantage.

Another thing I find amusing is that a t will often say, "I think," while an f will begin sentences with, "I feel.". Like, a t might say, "I heard that x did y, and wondered z.". An f might say, "I heard x did y, and felt z.". Often the z will be the same topic, just phrased differently.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ya I gotta agree with your ENFJ descrption and their mindless sense of social order that they have such a compulsive desire to impose not to mention their overly conscientious attitudes about order in the home as well as in public. There are a billion other qualities I could mention as to why this type, my opposite type sets me off but as an ISTP I'm too lazy to go into all of that detail like every other dang type would so desire.
Not all ENFJs are like that. There are some who could care less about any form of social order. Fe isn't the function of caring about the society.

Are you ISTP or INTJ? Your MBTI type is showing as INTJ.