• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Focus of eight Intelligence Variants

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here are some statements for the eight intelligence variants I've thought of. It came to me when comparing what I want in a situation to the perspectives of others, such as the SJ's.

NTP Possibilities that make sense
STJ Familiar and efficient
SFJ Familiar and hospitable
NTJ Conceptual patterns that are efficient
NFJ Conceptual patterns that are hospitable
NFP possibilities that are good for the soul
SFP tangible experience that is good for the soul
STP tangible experience that makes sense

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
This seems like a good list to me. Although I would add that the NTP's ideas often times have to make sense to them, they don't necessarily have to be backed by hard facts like Te users.

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
This seems like a good list to me. Although I would add that the NTP's ideas often times have to make sense to them, they don't necessarily have to be backed by hard facts like Te users.

This is true, I can't just blindly accept facts.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, yeah, "makes sense" is basically an internal judgment, while "efficient" is more about external "facts".

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Minor detail but..isnt the keyword 'patterns' usually associated with Ne? Concept and vision seem to apply to Ni more...

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The terms are a bit ambiguous, and “patterns” can really refer to either form of iNtuition. As can “concept” and “vision”. But Ne is more open and emergent, while Ni basically starts with internalized patterns it bases its concepts and visions on, and that's what I was thinking of when I put that together.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't know...going off of this I'd be an NTP; I'd say that while I do value 'tangible experience that is good for the soul' I tend to focus more on 'ideas that make sense'.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know...going off of this I'd be an NTP; I'd say that while I do value 'tangible experience that is good for the soul' I tend to focus more on 'ideas that make sense'.

Same here

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Ideas" in such case would likely represent a kind of "possibilities".

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
STP tangible experience that makes sense

WTF STPs care about discovering truth that is real and sharing those discoveries and lots of times those will not be tangible. What a horrible stereotype!:thumbdown:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Tangible" is just a word I feel is a better substitute for "concrete". You're saying "real"; and I'm sure that's the same or close to what I'm trying to convey. It's basically a focus on what is experienced through the senses, or is testable.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Tangible" is just a word I feel is a better substitute for "concrete". You're saying "real"; and I'm sure that's the same or close to what I'm trying to convey. It's basically a focus on what is experienced through the senses, or is testable.

That stereotype is even worse. What is real includes the abstract world of the mind as it is our focus that determines our reality. Reality cannot be fully perceived through the senses.

edit - You intuitive types are all the same as you jump to absurd conclusions based on these silly hunches you receive without cheching out how well your hypotheses agree evidence as there is always the possibility that you could be wrong as the truth is always counter-intuitive.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That stereotype is even worse. What is real includes the abstract world of the mind as it is our focus that determines our reality. Reality cannot be fully perceived through the senses.
Then what you're calling "real" is not the focus of the Sensing function, but includes both Sensing and iNtuition.
Well, everybody handles both kinds of perception, but different types prefer one over the other.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Possibilities that are good for the soul" make NFPs sound like we all work in New Age stores waving healing crystals and smoking a few herbal remedies. We think too, and few NFPs will accept ideas that appear (to them) to be utter garbage, so the possibilities would have to make sense too.

Furthermore, ENFPs and INFPs are very different types with different thought processes. Ne generates possibilities in general. INFPs would have a strong Fi filter, but ENFPs have Te as a mitigating influence.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was trying to convey the Fi counterpart to Ti "makes sense", and Fi is usually associated with "valuing", or "what we want", and "good for the soul" seems to be what those definitions are aiming at, though I did wish I could have thought of something a bit better at that moment. (Fi s know to be hard to characterize).

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
The terms are a bit ambiguous, and “patterns” can really refer to either form of iNtuition. As can “concept” and “vision”. But Ne is more open and emergent, while Ni basically starts with internalized patterns it bases its concepts and visions on, and that's what I was thinking of when I put that together.

i think vision would be more appropriate word for Ni and i dont think it goes so well with Ne. vision is an abstract concept and abstraction is what introverted functions do. Ne can create an vision in combination with Ji, but Ne itself doesent create the vision, more like creating hypothetical framework from which vision can be abstracted.

i wouldnt link concept to either one, imo its more of T thing, as it requires defining something(which is basically what T does).

-> Ni should be vision instead pattern. others seem pretty good(i think hospitality could be replaced with something else tho), i especially like the use of the word soul here