• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Focus of eight Intelligence Variants

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i think vision would be more appropriate word for Ni and i dont think it goes so well with Ne. vision is an abstract concept and abstraction is what introverted functions do. Ne can create an vision in combination with Ji, but Ne itself doesent create the vision, more like creating hypothetical framework from which vision can be abstracted.

i wouldnt link concept to either one, imo its more of T thing, as it requires defining something(which is basically what T does).

-> Ni should be vision instead pattern. others seem pretty good(i think hospitality could be replaced with something else tho), i especially like the use of the word soul here
When I think of Ne "visions", I think of the multiple possibilities that I perceive when I look at something. Since this is a perception of something not actually there, it is a form of "vision" (of course, "vision" taken literally would point to Se).
I don't see where it is necessarily the judgment function that creates this vision (though of course it will be involved; no function is an island really); this is just the perception of the data we're dealing with at this point.

The difference from Ni, is that these are multiple images, that stem from the external objects of the emergent situations. (So yes, as you say, Ne doesn't create the vision; it comes from the object itself). Ni starts with one, or at least just a few internalized images that data is filtered through. Probably because it is few or just one, so that there is a deeper focus, this is why we think of that in terms of a "vision" more.

(As we can see, these terms are all a bit fluid or ambiguous, and can be tweaked to apply to any function).

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
When I think of Ne "visions", I think of the multiple possibilities that I perceive when I look at something. Since this is a perception of something not actually there, it is a form of "vision" (of course, "vision" taken literally would point to Se).
I don't see where it is necessarily the judgment function that creates this vision (though of course it will be involved; no function is an island really); this is just the perception of the data we're dealing with at this point.

The difference from Ni, is that these are multiple images, that stem from the external objects of the emergent situations. (So yes, as you say, Ne doesn't create the vision; it comes from the object itself). Ni starts with one, or at least just a few internalized images that data is filtered through. Probably because it is few or just one, so that there is a deeper focus, this is why we think of that in terms of a "vision" more.

(As we can see, these terms are all a bit fluid or ambiguous, and can be tweaked to apply to any function).

well i was thinking of definition of vision something like these: "the formation of a mental image of something that isn't perceived as real and isn't present to the senses"
"the ability to think about and plan for the future, using intelligence and imagination, especially in politics and business"
"someone's idea or hope of how something should be done, or how it will be in the future"

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, those definitions would fit both Ne and Ni. The difference, again is that the formation of the mental image is based on the emergent object, for Ne, and on a subjective blueprint, for Ni.