• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types most likely to confuse words/symbols and physical objects

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've noticed a lot of intjs do this especially in mathematics/philosophy (ie thinking that the world IS math for example), I think NFs do it to some extent as well (interpreting a person as symbolic of a larger pattern, etc), but usually they're more receptive to information that allows for alternate explanations of the phenomena they're describing. You can see it in religious types as well (the Word was god, etc). What types do you think are most prone to this way of thinking and why? I don't think it is simply a matter of ignorance, because as I mentioned before some seem much more receptive to information that allows the experience to be reinterpreted in new ways that allow for a synthesis of the prior experience with other simultaneously occurring new experience.