• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psychetypes by Michael Malone

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Is anyone familiar with Michael Malone's work on measuring personality according to how one perceives time and space?

Space: Volcanic, Aethereal, Territorial, Oceanic. [volcanic (concrete), ethereal (abstract), territorial
(structured), oceanic (without boundaries)]

Time: Intuitive & Sensing (discontinuous), Thinking & Feeling (continuous).

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Zelo,

Just want to say that even though I have not, I think it is an interesting concept and likely holds at least some validity.

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Zelo,

Just want to say that even though I have not, I think it is an interesting concept and likely holds at least some validity.

Thank you for that. I've ordered the book on interloan so hopefully I'll be able to post something more about this in a couple of weeks' time. There's just one copy in the whole of the NZ library system - and I cannot find anything online which doesn't link back to the original book. So - looks like decidedly not mainstream. But, as you say, that doesn't mean it has no validity.

I first came into contact with this work even before I'd heard of the MBTI - so that was pre-1989.

sylph

MBTI Type
entj
Enneagram
Wonderful question and good understanding of what you read. Let me help you integrate with Enneagram, Walter Lowen's Dichotomies, and the time and space with Max Luscher's 4 Color Person. (I'm not really an ENTJ or an 8 just had to fill them/something in to register).
Sincerely Sylph
and hope to hear from you.

+ patch

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I first became interested in MBTI after reading this book in 1981. I got it in one of those little book sections at the supermarket. It was similar to MBTI,but not as popular. The types were TR (thinking territorial) TA (thinking aethereal) SV (sensation volcanic) IO (intuitive oceanic) and so on: there were 16 psychetypes in all. Since then I would sometimes try to type people I knew based on this book. I first came across the MBTI only three years ago. Maureen Quilligan's (Michael Malone wrote the book) psychetypes is a really good expansion of the MBTI, I dont know if anyone else expanded on this in more and more depth.