• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Inferior Function - Eruptions, Relaxation, Examples

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTP •Repress their Introverted Sensing function, meaning they "sweat the small stuff" sometimes with tragicomical results
INTP •Repress their Extroverted Feeling function, meaning that they may irrationally submit to certain conventions in a suspension of their usual critical analysis
ENTJ •Repress their Introverted Feeling function, meaning they sometimes forget what is important to them
INTJ •Repress their Extroverted Sensing function, which means they may lose touch with factual realities and fail to adapt their opinions accordingly
ENFP •Repress their Introverted Sensing function, meaning they sometimes experience flighty and inconsistent cognitive states and neglect to reflect on their past
INFP •Repress their Extroverted Thinking function, meaning they sometimes preserve their own opinion in the face of facts and evidence to the contrary
ENFJ •Repress their Introverted Thinking function, meaning they may be tempted to exaggerate the truth for effect
INFJ •Repress their Extroverted Sensing function, meaning they may forgo living life to its fullest
ESTJ •Repress their Introverted Feeling function, meaning they sometimes have difficulty putting themselves into another person's shoes
ISTJ •Repress their Extroverted iNtuition function, meaning they sometimes resist change and view ingenuity with skepticism
ESFJ •Repress their Introverted Thinking function, meaning they may over-align with public opinion
ISFJ •Repress their Extroverted iNtuition function, meaning they sometimes have a hard time 'letting loose' and doing things in novel and unconventional ways
ESTP •Repress their Introverted iNtuition function, meaning they may overestimate the scope of their proposed solutions
ISTP •Repress their Extroverted Feeling function, meaning they may find themselves unintentionally giving offense
ESFP •Repress their Introverted iNtuition function, meaning they sometimes experience paranoid thoughts which they are convinced are true
ISFP •Repress their Extroverted Thinking function, meaning they sometimes fail to draw logical conclusions about their situation and act on them

source - http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/index.php

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTP •Repress their Introverted Sensing function, meaning they "sweat the small stuff" sometimes with tragicomical results
INTP •Repress their Extroverted Feeling function, meaning that they may irrationally submit to certain conventions in a suspension of their usual critical analysis
ENTJ •Repress their Introverted Feeling function, meaning they sometimes forget what is important to them
INTJ •Repress their Extroverted Sensing function, which means they may lose touch with factual realities and fail to adapt their opinions accordingly
ENFP •Repress their Introverted Sensing function, meaning they sometimes experience flighty and inconsistent cognitive states and neglect to reflect on their past
INFP •Repress their Extroverted Thinking function, meaning they sometimes preserve their own opinion in the face of facts and evidence to the contrary
ENFJ •Repress their Introverted Thinking function, meaning they may be tempted to exaggerate the truth for effect
INFJ •Repress their Extroverted Sensing function, meaning they may forgo living life to its fullest
ESTJ •Repress their Introverted Feeling function, meaning they sometimes have difficulty putting themselves into another person's shoes
ISTJ •Repress their Extroverted iNtuition function, meaning they sometimes resist change and view ingenuity with skepticism
ESFJ •Repress their Introverted Thinking function, meaning they may over-align with public opinion
ISFJ •Repress their Extroverted iNtuition function, meaning they sometimes have a hard time 'letting loose' and doing things in novel and unconventional ways
ESTP •Repress their Introverted iNtuition function, meaning they may overestimate the scope of their proposed solutions
ISTP •Repress their Extroverted Feeling function, meaning they may find themselves unintentionally giving offense
ESFP •Repress their Introverted iNtuition function, meaning they sometimes experience paranoid thoughts which they are convinced are true
ISFP •Repress their Extroverted Thinking function, meaning they sometimes fail to draw logical conclusions about their situation and act on them

Interesting insights. Thanks for posting!

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

This is probably the most insightful post that I have ever seen from you.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

This is probably the most insightful post that I have ever seen from you.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=14757]Doctorjuice[/MENTION]
so according to the last part of the video, would it be safe to say that an ENFP might relax with some sort of mellow, consistent routine that held sentimental value to them? for me, this manifests itself in my tastes in tea. I'm OCD about all the details of it's preparation and which types of tea I buy and go insane without my morning cup of tea

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
[MENTION=14757]Doctorjuice[/MENTION]
so according to the last part of the video, would it be safe to say that an ENFP might relax with some sort of mellow, consistent routine that held sentimental value to them? for me, this manifests itself in my tastes in tea. I'm OCD about all the details of it's preparation and which types of tea I buy and go insane without my morning cup of tea

Yes, this sounds like a good example.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
What would Se as an inferior function look like for an INFJ? How about Fe for INTP?

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What would Se as an inferior function look like for an INFJ? How about Fe for INTP?

For me (INFJ) it's very kinesthetic. It can also influence a state that feels almost super-human. I would categorize it as mostly dull, raw sensation that's very influential on behavior and motivation. Drinking, sex, weight lifting, loud music etc. can all be manifestations of Se inferior for INFJ.

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP

INFJ: Obsessing over details that aren't relevant to the big picture. Taking impulsive action prematurely in attempt to live in/enjoy the present.

INTP: Viewing society or certain individuals as making bad moral judgements against them, getting upset when around too much conflict, acting uncharacteristically irrational.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
INFJ: Obsessing over details that aren't relevant to the big picture. Taking impulsive action prematurely in attempt to live in/enjoy the present.

INTP: Viewing society or certain individuals as making bad moral judgements against them, getting upset when around too much conflict, acting uncharacteristically irrational.
Yeah, I think I relate to the INTP more in this case.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Oh really? But you identify as INFJ? Could you describe times where these eruptions were relevant in your life?
Well, I think it stems from a refusal or inability to see myself objectively. Whenever someone criticizes me, whether it's constructive criticism or not, there's a part of me that believes they're trying to take me down. I have a tendency to elevate myself above humanity, a tendency that has no doubt cost me quite a bit interpersonally, financially, academically, etc.

Though I should add, I have been in situations where I've had to sweat details a lot. It's very unnerving.