• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Rarity?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You could ring the Psychology Department of your local University and ask to speak to a Psychometrician and ask them.

And you could ring the Astronomy Department of your University and ask to speak to an Astronomer and ask them.

Then you'd know.

Hmm...alright, then! It's worth a shot. :D

But I'm not studying anymore. I have already graduated. ...So I'll have to see...

Mole

Permabanned
You will blame me

Hmm...alright, then! It's worth a shot. :D

But I'm not studying anymore. I have already graduated. ...So I'll have to see...

Don't do it Carolyn, don't do it!

First you ring the Psych Dept and lose your faith in MBTI.

Then you ring the Astronomy Dept and lose your faith in Astrology.

What next?

You will be ringing the Zoology Department and asking about Evolution. And then you will lose your faith in God.

And you will blame me.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Hey Carolyn! It's never too late to study. I've graduated too but have thought of going back to university to study some pshychology! ;)

Mole

Permabanned
Hey Carolyn! It's never too late to study. I've graduated too but have thought of going back to university to study some psychology! ;)

It looks like Northern Europe is on line.

Perhaps both of you should have coffee with me tomorrow at the Bakery.

White with one sugar?

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
It looks like Northern Europe is on line.

Perhaps both of you should have coffee with me tomorrow at the Bakery.

White with one sugar?

Only milk for my coffee, please.

Ilah

MBTI Type
INTJ
This would seem to suggest that type is not based just on culture. If it was then you wouldn't have any Ni types at all in western culture. So maybe culture is an influence, but not the only one.

The whole nature v. enironment is facinating to me from a personal level. My parents were not N, the envirnonment does not support it, so how did I wind up N?

Yet what he does not say anywhere in his work that those preferring inuition are rare or more rare than those preferring sensing. In fact when he discribes Ne Jung says that they are so similar that, those who proposed to prefer Ne were actually describing Se traits.

Also as stated in another thread, Myers-Briggs raises questions as to whether many are born with a clean slate thus not predispositioned to a certain type. As a result she questions whether the western culture may be the basis of so many preferring ESJ.