• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensors that think they are Intuitives?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So there is this fellow I met, who scored pretty balanced on the test I gave him (just the short one on similar minds) and he got ENxP (50/50 T/F). I would have typed him as an ISFP initially. He doesn't really spell correctly and he speaks less abstractly than I do (I think).

So how do you tell when someone is truly a sensor? Functions test?

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
bunch of sfj males on here think they're ntps.
very, very funny. and they all kinda flock
together.

Last edited:

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When they don't think of anything new. Not not think/new, but not think new

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Functions test?
Yeah. That's what I do. Trying to figure out who's more creative or innovative or philosophical just leads to stereotyping and, in the end, mistyping.

I know an INFJ, for example, who HATES talking about philosophy, because she doesn't think there's a "point" to it. From how she communicates with people she doesn't know well, I'm certain she would have been mistyped as ISFJ by the forum. But if you look into Ni/Se vs. Si/Ne, you'll see that she's really nothing like an ISFJ.

I also know of the reverse happening, i.e. a Sensor types themselves as being iNtuitive because they've heard through the grapevine that if you're capable of critical thinking, abstract thinking, or philosophical discussions that last longer than ten minutes, then you're an N. (This friend is ISTP and thought she was INTJ.)

bunch of sfj males on here think they're ntps.
very, very funny. and they all kinda flock
together.

I want names!!! :popc1:

Arkigos

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
xxx
Perhaps because, especially when we are young, we want to be seen as unique and creative. I think that short descriptions of N skew quite positive while short descriptions of S can sometimes be negative (perhaps because the abstract systemic nature of Typing makes it more an N sport and we can be quite elitist at times by our very nature). I think, too, that people aren't taught that EVERYONE is an N just as EVERYONE is an S - we "N" folk just have it prioritized higher. Some of my best Ne conversations take place with my intelligent and highly receptive SJ friends. They are Ne, after all. So, I think people often think, "Hey, I am creative.. I enjoy abstract creative discussion! I must be an N! Ns are cool!" - when in reality they are only creative to supplement their, say, Fe Si primary and secondary.

It's understandable, we just have to make sure to extoll the real virtues of S and remind people that even if they have N functions.... not to quit their day job.

R

Riva

It's probably when one reads the descriptions and not the tests that confusesPeople. The descriptions of certain sensor typer on certain/most sites are rather sad.

bunch of sfj males on here think they're ntps.very, very funny. and they all kinda flock together.

Who are these people?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
For me identifieing abstract thinkers and feelers works easily, cause I myself speak so abstract and clutterminded, generally am missing words and jump from topic to topic and backforth. N people understand me without much words needed to be spoken.

But its no idiotproof method, I have met a lot of S people as well, who have learnt over time to speak my language and are intrested in my person. While there are sure N people who hold back and dont talk much. Usually tho I am bogged down daily by the stupidity of people; but thats not a S or N problem, thats more because the majority of people in my hometown are just stupid, nerving and needless...

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Antimony is my past.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As I repped to someone a few minutes ago...it does kind of amuse me that hardly anyone comes on this site asking "Am I an ISTJ or an ISFJ?" Or even, "Am I an ISTP or an INTP?"

It's ALWAYS "Am I an INFJ or an INTJ?" or "Am I ENFP or ENFJ?", etc.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
As I repped to someone a few minutes ago...it does kind of amuse me that hardly anyone comes on this site asking "Am I an ISTJ or an ISFJ?" Or even, "Am I an ISTP or an INTP?"

It's ALWAYS "Am I an INFJ or an INTJ?" or "Am I ENFP or ENFJ?", etc.

I came telling that I am an ESTJ and they pushed me in the entp corner.... Society is a bitch, I always wanted to be an ENFJ with a cool James Bond avatar !

R

Riva

It's probably when one reads the descriptions and not the tests that confusesPeople. The descriptions of certain sensor typer on certain/most sites are rather sad.

bunch of sfj males on here think they're ntps.very, very funny. and they all kinda flock together.

Who are these people?

Antimony is my past.

Much different tones boy!

As I repped to someone a few minutes ago...it does kind of amuse me that hardly anyone comes on this site asking "Am I an ISTJ or an ISFJ?" Or even, "Am I an ISTP or an INTP?" It's ALWAYS "Am I an INFJ or an INTJ?" or "Am I ENFP or ENFJ?", etc.

Read some/majority sensor type descriptions and then come here and tell us whether it amuses you. If it still does what would it imply about you I wonder?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Much different tones boy! Read some/majority sensor type descriptions and then come here and tell us whether it amuses you. If it still does what would it imply about you I wonder?

Let's say it does still amuse me. What does it imply? You obviously have some thoughts along those lines already.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Hey, [MENTION=4490]Orangey[/MENTION], someone made a thread just for you! :D

Me, I'm still on the fence. Could be ISFJ, could be INFP. I still get stuck in the "I'm a small-minded, unambitious wimp, so I might be an ISFJ" mindset, though. Add to that the fact that I'm lousy with expressing caring and things get even more muddled.

Open-mindedness (which is not exclusive to Ns) takes time. :sage:

A

Anew Leaf

:cry:

I admit it. I hired a helper monkey many moons ago who tested the best in the Ne department from the flock I had carefully cultivated for such a deception.

Phew.

So glad I got that off my mind.

Starry

I still get stuck in the "I'm a small-minded, unambitious wimp, so I might be an ISFJ" mindset, though.

^^^Is this seriously a thing? I'm sincerely asking because the ISFJs I know irl seem like none of those things.

:cry:

I admit it. I hired a helper monkey many moons ago who tested the best in the Ne department from the flock I had carefully cultivated for such a deception.

:wubbie:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So how do you tell when someone is truly a sensor? Functions test?

Function tests are helpful.

As far as anything else, I can discern a majority within a minute or two of talking to them... but since it's a subjective thing, I doubt it does you much good. It's more just a sense of where someone goes / doesn't go in a conversation and how they approach a topic... it's not even necessarily content, it's whether they seem to focus on the object itself or connections between objects. I can't really explain it better.

:cry: I admit it. I hired a helper monkey many moons ago who tested the best in the Ne department from the flock I had carefully cultivated for such a deception.

I knew it.

tongue-monkey_1900670i.jpg

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
^^^Is this seriously a thing? I'm sincerely asking because the ISFJs I know irl seem like none of those things.

Nah, it's a very flawed mindset. Though, when you think "famous author/filmmaker/intellectual/whatever", ISFJ is not quite what springs to mind. They seem to be content with personally fulfilling but low-rank and invisible positions, hence the stereotype...

A

Anew Leaf

Function tests are helpful.

As far as anything else, I can discern a majority within a minute or two of talking to them... but since it's a subjective thing, I doubt it does you much good. It's more just a sense of where someone goes / doesn't go in a conversation and how they approach a topic... it's not even necessarily content, it's whether they seem to focus on the object itself or connections between objects. I can't really explain it better.

I knew it.

tongue-monkey_1900670i.jpg

monkeyunicorn.jpg

Arkigos

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
xxx
Nah, it's a very flawed mindset. Though, when you think "famous author/filmmaker/intellectual/whatever", ISFJ is not quite what springs to mind. They seem to be content with personally fulfilling but low-rank and invisible positions, hence the stereotype...

One of my dearest friends is an ISFJ and he is such an impressive (not to mention creative and intelligent) person. He has less than zero desire to be famous, though I think he dreams of pushing forward some family or friend run business that he'd like to be very successful. In my experience with ISFJs, they want to take care of their friends/family and everyone else can go screw themselves.

If you are dismissive of "personally fulfilling but low-rank and invisible positions" then you are distinctly unlike any ISFJ I have ever met. Not only do ISFJs not dismiss the worth of it, they take a particular pride in it. Like ISTJs they get off on knowing that everything is working and everyone is working together on their diligent, caring, watch. I have never met an ISFJ who was angstful about anything so self-centered and needlessly abstract as typing themselves. I would also suspect there are very few ISFJs in this community.