• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

would you change your type if you could?

Standuble

That is very interesting. The thing I feel a bit uneasy about with Fe is that it is too easily affected by external factors. I feel like with enough evidence I can be convinced something is right. For example, if I live in a tribe where human sacrifice is practiced, I'm afraid that I will view it as acceptable, and that is a little scary. I don't believe that there is absolute good or evil, and I know that Fe or Fi, people in a certain environment will have certain values. However, this implies is that my values are mutable, and because of this everything becomes grey area. Sometimes I feel like I can sympathize with everyone that I feel like I might lose my sense of self. I know everyone's values will change over time, but the fact that Fe is out there and so exposed, I can't help but feel a sense of vulnerability - that it can be manipulated. With Fi, whether right or wrong, at least you can still know that it's YOU.

I'd love to! There's nothing great about being an Ni-dom, to be honest. It feels like a cat with its paws stuck in a ball of yarn trying to get to the center of it, so you keep pulling and pulling endless thread upon thread but you can never get to it. :blush:

I can see how both Fe and Ni would cause issues in ways I perhaps have not considered. Thank you for your insights.