• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it possible for an Extrovert to hate Facebook?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I ask because it seems to be my case. I hate Facebook. It's ugly, it's superficial, above all, it's BORING, it sucks. And each time I see Mark Suckerberg's bovine and cheesy face, I want to puke

Any extrovert here who hates Facebook too? Is it possible? Facebook is often perceived as an extrovert thing...

Rosabel

Well, my boyfriend is an ENTJ, and he has the same opinion as yours...

I see Facebook being more appealing to ExFx types, in my experience...

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It is possible. But if that were to theoretically happen, either the Extrovert or FB would cease to exist. Leading typologists do not know which, or if it has perhaps already happened to unknown numbers of FBs in the past.

Jaguar

I am tired of getting fake invitation spam emails from Facebook. I don't even have an account. I fall midway between E and I and even if I didn't, I don't know why you think Facebook is an E thing. I think Zuckerberg is a little shithead who has no regard for the privacy of those who use his service.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
are you serious with this question? because if you are of course, i know an extrovert who hates hates hates facebook. and there's many others out there i don't think i/e is a good determinate as to whether or not someone likes or dislikes facebook

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Why would an extrovert, more than an introvert, like sitting behind their computer?

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
Why would an extrovert, more than an introvert, like sitting behind their computer?

Because they're still getting energized by people, just in a different way? It seems to me an introvert would be more likely to not use a computer.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've seen several times said on this forum that Facebook was an ES site. Or an Fe site. So, being an ES and a Fe user, I wondered if my dislike of Facebook was not at odd with my type.

Also, yes, when you use Facebook, you are sitted behind a compunter, but, at the same time, it is considered as a form of "communication" (a very disagreeable way to communicate IMO, but..)

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've never had any desire to use it.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It seems to me an introvert would be more likely to not use a computer.
It seems to me this is a very strange perception.

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
It seems to me this is a very strange perception.

My best friend for 4 years was an INTJ, and he always told me how if his computer blew up he'd just go do something else. Anecdotal evidence of course, and 1 introvert != all introverts, but it's just my personal experience with an introvert I know very well.

From what I gather; introverts are focused internally, so they get their pleasure from themselves rather than other people. This means that the Internet isn't crucial to them because the Internet by and large is an interpersonal communication medium.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm not that fond of Facebook, and I am an extravert and I'm social first. I hate the fact that it gives others the ability to view so much about your private life that you may not want them to see. For example, back in the day, one could get drunk at a party and do stupid shit, and it would just between you and the people that you drank with. However, now-a-days everyone just wants to take pics/vids of it and put it on Facebook for the world to see, and that just pisses me off.

Burger King

I don't have facebook so some of these stories of facebook "incidents" and "social rituals" are kind of interesting. People mingle and dance with one another so easily. There was a time where I envied that, the social ease. I'm still in my early 20's, but I feel like a grumpy old man.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I used to be active on Facebook 2 years ago but I have not used it now for ages.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like Facebook for stalking other people but I'm not a huge fan of interacting on it, short of with very close friends. I mostly use it for the sake of my photo albums and the timeline feature, it's like free barebones scrapbooking for lazy people.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because they're still getting energized by people, just in a different way? It seems to me an introvert would be more likely to not use a computer.
Yes, it is a way of being energized by people, but what I find is that a lot of them (E's) prefer face-to-face interaction instead, so don't have have time for it.

I like it (and online in general), as an introvert who is nevertheless people-focused (That's the other dimension of temperament besides I/E), because it is a way to interact without having to deal with the awkwardness of face-to-face interaction.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I know no introverts who wouldn't use a computer and internet. None.

G

garbage

On the other hand, it's good as an event coordinator, an RSS-like feed reader for organizations/websites, and as a 'discussion forum' with friends who live across the globe kinda like TypoC.

:shrug: