• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How did you find out about MBTI?

Elwin_Ransom

MBTI Type
XNFJ
I didn't know about the MBTI until I took Psychology 101. I took the test not long afterwards. The results largely reflected my self-concept, but the studies associated with the MBTI have been most helpful in my ability to communicate with others.

BlackMita

Saw the word "introvert" on a forum I frequented two years ago, and though “Wonder what that means…”

One thing lead to another, and half a year down the road, I knew most things about MBTI.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
A couple of job suitability tests in the military ... minor interest.

Psych test after the gulf war ... more interest.

Private psych test after the gulf war ... tested ISTJ ... greater interest.

Reading Keirsey's works in civilian life ... tested INTJ ... much greater interest.

Reading Tieger's works, rereading Kiersey ... tested INTP ... greatest interst.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Heh. Bad motive, excellent subject.

Edit: very bad motives. Full of trojans. I hear. :ninja:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The first time I took an MBTI test I was 16 and came out INFX.
Took it again in college came out INFJ
Have taken it a few times in the last few years coming out INFJ and/or INTJ
Have never taken it 'professionally'

I liked it much better than the four temperament system with Sanguine/Phlegmatic/Chloreric/Melancholy business.

mooshenh

MBTI Type
O+
It came highly recommended by someone who knows a thing or two.

indigo2020

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yes, that's the same pattern I follow, whether it is interests or creative outlets. I do one thing for awhile (e.g., drawing, composing music, writing, reading, etc.) obsessively, then become bored and have to move onto one of the other things. Eventually I cycle through them all and start over again, at least in terms of creative output.

I used to be frustrated that I just couldn't do one thing consistently, but I am learning to accept this about myself. The never-ending cycle is just part of how I work.
This is what I do also. I heard it said that creativity is like that because it's like a field of corn that must lie fallow for a season. That is the way the earth is renewed so that when the next crop is planted, it will have all the nutrients it needs. We are the same way in our creative output.

indigo2020

MBTI Type
INFJ
I took the official test when I was 20 years old and in college for the first time (just started again last week). I was in therapy and it was my therapist who administered the test to me. I thought it was cool and I have never forgotten it.

Recently, I delved into it much more deeply, found the INTPc website and that led me to MBTIc.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
An MBTI test was linked to on a computer game group I was in during 12th grade. I got interested for awhile, and read a lot about it. I lost interest after awhile, and after I noticed that I was judging everything this way but it still missed a lot, but the interest has gone on and off since than.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I took the test originally in university (Social Psychology). I have two friends today who are certified testers and I've spent a great deal of time picking their brains. They've both since given me the test again, as well.

Research led me to this particular site. Yay, Google.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
I took part in an online discussion forum about MBTI. But I have researched it further to Jung's theory.

???

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
Satan whispered it in my ear and I found I just couldn't stay away.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Learned about in it high school. We had this class called Freshman Focus where we learned about how to pick a good career through things like personality and learning styles. So we took some tests. We technically didn't do MBTI together, but the teacher mentioned it and so I went to do it in the library. Got ISFP the very first time on 16p. But we did other good ones like a career inventory, the Hartman Colors test(I got white), and the True Colors test(Tied between blue and green).

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
My guru Carl Jung told me about it. He said I was highly gifted. And for this I have ostracized myself to Typology Central. With the rest of the highly gifted.

Tengri

Originally, from my step-dad who took it in college. Some sort of introverted sensor, according to his yellowed continuous stationary printout. It was more of a curiosity to me at that point, but left personality psychology mostly unexplored until a later freshman course that briefly summarized it and Jung's work. The online community of PerC was my source of anecdote, opinion, and curiosity shortly afterwards.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was bored, and I took the test years ago.