• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's the difference between an INTP with a heart and an INFP with a head?

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Just another of those silly little questions that hit me from time to time. I suspect the answer is "very little" but I'll throw it open for discussion.

A

Anew Leaf

INTP with heart = Tin Man in the Emerald City
INFP with a head = All of us who are not headless horsemen.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Preference I'd say... Imagine fi and ti in a fight to answer the question... Who's more likely to win?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Preference I'd say... Imagine fi and ti in a fight to answer the question... Who's more likely to win?

LMAO...INFP vs INTP. Why is it that I would say INFP would whip an INTPs butt leaving it raw and chapped

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
One feels misunderstood by dumb people, one feels misunderstood by shallow people?

Similarity: both scorned by regular INTPs.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
LMAO...INFP vs INTP. Why is it that I would say INFP would whip an INTPs butt leaving it raw and chapped

....in their own mind perhaps. But not in the sense of presenting a linear argument.

Whenever I've argued with INFP's they always want to take it to a poetic, ideal place (which is very beautiful and inspirational) but they don't seem to have much interest in proving things.

I'm not saying INTPs are smarter or better or anything like that .....I just think we tend to have more structure to our arguments ( If x then y then z). Whereas INFPs seem to have amore fluid, sort of lyrical approach.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
....in their own mind perhaps. But not in the sense of presenting a linear argument.

Whenever I've argued with INFP's they always want to take it to a poetic, ideal place (which is very beautiful and inspirational) but they don't seem to have much interest in proving things.

I'm not saying INTPs are smarter or better or anything like that .....I just think we tend to have more structure to our arguments ( If x then y then z). Whereas INFPs seem to have amore fluid, sort of lyrical approach.
They just don't like to argue. They have more important things to do.
Like whining. ;)

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp

I think you've got it there Lady X and thank you for trying to answer the question. The trouble is though that EJ is conspicuous by its absence and this argument could go on for an eternity. I think it's unwinnable myself.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP with a heart - thinks people mean well but are illogical

INFP with a head - thinks people are pragmatic but immoral

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One feels misunderstood by dumb people, one feels misunderstood by shallow people?

Similarity: both scorned by regular INTPs.

Regular INTP's have scorn for everyone, including each other.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One uses rigorous analysis, science, logic, etc. to improve the conditions for people,
while the other uses compassion, empathy, and listening to help people get back on track towards reason.

But which is which?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you've got it there Lady X and thank you for trying to answer the question. The trouble is though that EJ is conspicuous by its absence and this argument could go on for an eternity. I think it's unwinnable myself.

Well like I said an old best friend/ boyfriend was an enfp who seemed to me to use his ti to make sense of his fi... I never did understand which was his preference. They seemed to twist and turn each other inside out. As well as I knew him I could never figure that out... He would tell you that he was very much an enfp tho... To me he seemed very entp except he used fi instead of fe.

People who understand the theories much more than I do say that's impossible... All I know is what it looked/ felt like.

His process was very similar/ different than mine tho.

Ha not helpful I know... But maybe if you can't figure those two out look to the others?? What's your experience with fe or te?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Q: What's the difference between an INTP with a heart and an INFP with a head?

A: An ESFP with courage, an ISFJ with fancy shoes, and a dead witch slowly melting into the floorboards?

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
an old best friend/ boyfriend was an enfp who seemed to me to use his ti to make sense of his fi... I never did understand which was his preference.

This is similar to what Isabel Briggs-Myers says in "Gifts Differing". Let me quote: "May use thinking judgment occasionally to help in winning a thinker's support of feeling aims, but is never permitted to oppose those aims"