• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

FPs: Do You Feel Fi Is Sourced Within Your Chest?

FPs: Do You Feel Introverted Feeling Is Sourced Within Your Chest?

• Total voters

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Is that the difference you meant, that the introverted forms of a function are 'much deeper, stronger, more robust'?

That is a general difference between introverted functions and their extroverted counterparts.

They are processes, though. How can they be deep, strong or robust?

What about a process would prohibit it from bring deep, strong, or robust?

If they are on a scale, is a deep, strong, robust Fe automatically Fi?

No.

And I never proposed that it works in such a way.

Is it impossible that an FJ is more deeply passionate than an FP?

No.

If they are an INFJ, for instance, they can be deeply passionate about their Ni vision.

You seem to be letting the language trip you up by taking it too literally.

Think of the words as beams of light briefly illuminating what is already there.

(As opposed to strictly defined terms whose meaning is intrinsically tied to the fabric of reality)

I know you don't like to believe in such things as the functions, but it even works if they're just imaginary.

G

Ginkgo

That is a general difference between introverted functions and their extroverted counterparts.

I've never seen anything about processes that prohibits them from being deep, strong, or robust.

No.

And I never proposed that it works in such a way.

No.

If they are an INFJ, for instance, they can be deeply passionate about their Ni vision.

You seem to be letting the language trip you up by taking it too literally.

Think of the words as beams of light briefly illuminating what is already there.

(As opposed to strictly defined terms whose meaning is intrinsically tied to the fabric of reality)

I know you don't like to believe in such things as the functions, but it even works if they're just imaginary.

More mutually accepted definitions provide light on more parts of the whole, permitting more illumination for all if we are ignorant. If we believe we are entirely knowledgeable then we would see no need for mutually accepted definitions, as we would believe we know that others know what we are saying.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Libel in this thread. Si is a brown color, and is like grains of sand.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No, it's not in the chest for me.

In general it doesn't come from any one place; it flows through me and is made of many different shades and compositions, of eddies or languid pools, depending on which part of it you examine. And I test the current and the make-up of it at any place when I need to come up with a response or opinion (I just did it for this thread). I suppose I see it as something that passes through me; something that is part of me, but not exactly of me. In a sense I don't want to locate it to a single place in the body because this would confine it, and it seems larger than that.

I feel like any impression that it comes from a single place is only under an extreme negative reaction (ie. "this is seriously bad/wrong"). I have had that feeling in the pit of my stomach under such circumstances, but to me, it merely seems like that because, what was calm, natural and dispersed, becomes focussed to one spot under strong agitation.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is that the difference you meant, that the introverted forms of a function are 'much deeper, stronger, more robust'? They are processes, though. How can they be deep, strong or robust? If they are on a scale, is a deep, strong, robust Fe automatically Fi? Is it impossible that an FJ is more deeply passionate than an FP?
I can see a process being strong or robust, not sure deep is the right term. The introverted and extraverted processes, however, seem to differ in their fundamental nature, not (simply) in strength or intensity.

As for associating Fi with a chakra, are we trying to make an association with the process itself, or with the physical manifestations or side-effects of that process coming into play? I would agree with the yellow or even the red chakra for the physical effects, but think the process itself is much higher up - even purple, perhaps. Much as we were discussing the correlation between JCFs and the MBTI dichotomies, I'm not so sure we can make direct correlations between functions and chakras. Everything works together.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I wanted the input of those who are more refined, certain, and expert on the matter.
Indeed. As a TJ I have Fi in my right kneecap, and who wants a thread about that?

The times in my life where my Fi was triggered the most intensely I actually threw up. Literally.
Is there any other way? I have never encountered someone throwing up metaphorically. :shrug:

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I refuse to believe that Fe users do not have deeply held values that, when violated, trigger strong visceral reactions.

Come forth, you FJs, show the FPs that you are no only social, but also individual beings!

Haha! I suspect FJ's just have better things to do with their lives than running around on the threads as a way to prove their individuality.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is there any other way? I have never encountered someone throwing up metaphorically. :shrug:
Then you are fortunate, indeed. Metaphorical vomiting is no less unpalatable, in its own way.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm thinking emotions have a physical manifestation for everyone; but Fi dom/aux might be more aware of their emotions and experience this a little differently.

As for me, I do experience my emotions physically, and different ones have different feelings. Often this is the first indication I am feeling something. When it comes into my awareness it usually translates into a thought. (And if it doesn't, I have a problem and I need to consciously translate it.) I don't know if this fact is evidence of me being Ti or not- seems like it would point in that direction.

Anyway, with regard to the more negative emotions: anger is in the solar plexus area and feels like a tightness and hotness, with dark red. Anger is the most easily translatable to thought. Emotions resembling sadness like disappointment and reactions to rejection are in my chest and feel like an emptiness that needs to be filled, accompanied with being really tired. The color is just a muddled darkish color. And I have to "take care" of the feeling and the issue and make it go away before I can have energy again. When I am stressed and anxious my back starts hurting. Those are pretty much the only emotions I am really aware of other than happy ones.

Mia.

Indeed. As a TJ I have Fi in my right kneecap, and who wants a thread about that?

You sound just like my husband. lol

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

inappropriate-joe-meme-generator-i-feel-your-pain-let-me-release-your-chakra-991667.jpg

Mia.

They don't do embellishments for dramatic effect, do they? :laugh:

Oh they embellish a LOT for dramatic effect - every time my ESTJ tells a story, the fish gets bigger and bigger - but metaphors? Not a chance. :alttongue:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh they embellish a LOT for dramatic effect - every time my ESTJ tells a story, the fish gets bigger and bigger - but metaphors? Not a chance. :alttongue:

LOL. I'm glad he doesn't fully waste his Ne :D