• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

FPs: Do You Feel Fi Is Sourced Within Your Chest?

FPs: Do You Feel Introverted Feeling Is Sourced Within Your Chest?

• Total voters

Yes. I remember telling [MENTION=10780]Patches[/MENTION] once that I felt most emotional reactions but particularly sadness as physical pains in my chest, she said it was cytokines, I say it's Fi!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
alright then....interesting. i'm not sure that's the colors i would label them but now i'm tainted and we'll never know...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no it's in my stomach

this. introverted feeling implies a "comes from the heart" type of energy, when in reality Fi is far more gut based, kind of like a fire in your stomach. most of the time it's warm and cozy but if one's values are threatened it flares up and incinerates

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
alright then....interesting. i'm not sure that's the colors i would label them but now i'm tainted and we'll never know...

Hey I managed to answer still after you gave your purple/yellow answer! :alttongue:

Mia.

How do you know it was your Fi that was triggered?

All I can say is that, when I get angry, I feel it boiling in my stomach. Does the type I have chosen for myself determine whether that anger has a Fi or a Fe flavor?

I knew it was my Fi because what happened centered around/conflicted with deeply held values.

I would venture to say anger is an emotion that is common surrounding Fi values. I know that's pretty much the only thing I even will get angry about, because I regard those few things as important, whereas most things I'm like, "meh" about. I imagine Fe users get angry as well, though, in regards to noncompliance with Fe values. :shrug:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
That was actually kind of a corollary question I had, cuz I figured it might be some peoples' answer.

If it were one of the chakras in my avatar, which color would it be?

are you asking us which chakra our Fi functions through?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this. introverted feeling implies a "comes from the heart" type of energy, when in reality Fi is far more gut based, kind of like a fire in your stomach. most of the time it's warm and cozy but if one's values are threatened it flares up and incinerates

not for me. te is often a gut reaction in service of my fi...fi's heart breaks and te kicks someone ass for it...haha or helps implement a solution to fix it.

it's fun turning them into lil characters...most likely completely ridiculous...but easier for us to understand the feeling behind it i guess.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey I managed to answer still after you gave your purple/yellow answer! :alttongue:

well if i haaaad to guess...i'd say my ne was pure white translucent...actually pearlesque with shades of all colors when you look at it just right and my fi is magenta

A

Anew Leaf

That was actually kind of a corollary question I had, cuz I figured it might be some peoples' answer.

If it were one of the chakras in my avatar, which color would it be?

Yes. I would say it fluctuates between the green and the yellow. Anger/Love = Heart/green, Worry/Anxiety/Excitement = stomach/yellow.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
not for me. te is often a gut reaction in service of my fi...fi's heart breaks and te kicks someone ass for it...haha or helps implement a solution to fix it.
it's fun turning them into lil characters...most likely completely ridiculous...but easier for us to understand the feeling behind it i guess.

they're both gut based for me. put another way, my Ne is 7w6, my Fi is 1w9 and my Te is 8w7 :cool:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
maybe your te is more of a permanent resident than mine.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
well if i haaaad to guess...i'd say my ne was pure white translucent...actually pearlesque with shades of all colors when you look at it just right and my fi is magenta

Really? :thinking:

I mean, the function Ne, to my synesthesia is a translucent beige. But when I wield it, yeah, its almost moonbeam like, or like you said pearlish white, I guess, and becomes violet infused when I combine it with Fi. The type of insight/falling into place thing is a bluepurple/indigo though (and highly addictive :drool:)

Te, in every way is metallic light blue, to the point where ENTJs look metallic blue to me. And Si is orange to me.

Mia.

Interesting. If I had to place my Te, I would pick my head (and as stated, Fi is in my gut, tucked far away in the center of my being... I would also place my Ne there). I tend to use Te a LOT... which I've always thought meshed well with my secondary 5 fix - secondary position being the position that relates to/engages with the world. Agree about Te being kind of the ambassador for the Fi.

Not related, but I've also always kinda envisioned my Te being felt in my extremities as well and something that is wielded .... which actually kinda jives with how you characterize it as a tool for implementing a solution.

Yes. I would say it fluctuates between the green and the yellow. Anger/Love = Heart/green, Worry/Anxiety/Excitement = stomach/yellow.

This as well, except that I'd classify anger/fire in the belly as lower stomach/orange as well. I also experience unfairness as heart/green, and reacting to unfairness is at the core of my Fi.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Step 1: make thread about Fi

Step 2: go to store

Step 3: thread explodes

:D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really? :thinking:

I mean, the function Ne, to my synesthesia is a translucent beige. But when I wield it, yeah, its almost moonbeam like, or like you said pearlish white, I guess, and becomes violet infused when I combine it with Fi. The type of insight/falling into place thing is a bluepurple/indigo though (and highly addictive :drool:)

Te, in every way is metallic light blue, to the point where ENTJs look metallic blue to me. And Si is orange to me.

ughhh si is blindingly yellow to me...in that buzzing sort of florescent bulb way

te is charcoal and crisp like a starched suit

haha this is fun

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
maybe your te is more of a permanent resident than mine.

he is. Ne is dad, Fi is mom and Te is the willfull, sometimes belligerent teenager who complains frequently about not being able to run the show

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ughhh si is blindingly yellow to me...in that buzzing sort of florescent bulb way

te is charcoal and crisp like a starched suit

haha this is fun

Lol, see, Si is orange to me, but like a light amber orange? Ya know? Te *can* be charcoal but that is kind of the way the light blue sky can suddenly turn dark grey and start spewing lightning :peepwall: