• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is everyone here an INTJ?

Liberty

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
you just got here...you already know that?

are you even sure you're intp? what's the point of this thread. :/

Yep. And well it was between INTp and INTj and I like the p better so yeah. I took the test like 20 times. It was always either INTp or INTj. The point of this thread was to ask typologycentral why they had so many intj members when intj people are consider the most rare?

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
We're all intp here (to both questions).

I think it's really easy to get INTP as a result?

I've gotten it the most, but I take it with a grain of salt, because through research I don't really feel I am an INTP. I think maybe people on the boards who are starting out with MBTI might get INTP in a few tests and just hold to it. :shrug:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well it's common for an n to think they're introverted and common for guys to assume they're thinkers and well who wants the slacker p label?

Maybe...

Or all the Intjs live on the Internet

Or you're wrong because there's a lot of infps and intps and infj and enfps etc etc

Or.. Okay now I'm bored.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTJ is the type with the highest average IQ. I don't know very many people that don't want to be smart!

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
"Pinky and the Brain, Pinky and the Brain, one is a genius, the other is insane. To prove their mousy worth they'll overthrow the earth. They're Pinky, Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain." Don't be mad. I could hardly resist. I felt the spirit of a meglomaniac overtaking me or maybe it was just a sense of humor. I love Pinky and the Brain. hehe.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I think it's really easy to get INTP as a result?

I've gotten it the most, but I take it with a grain of salt, because through research I don't really feel I am an INTP.
Good for you. That shows more self-examination/awareness than that of a good chunk of those who conclude otherwise.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Yep. And well it was between INTp and INTj and I like the p better so yeah. I took the test like 20 times. It was always either INTp or INTj. The point of this thread was to ask typologycentral why they had so many intj members when intj people are consider the most rare?

What statistics are you looking at, because from what I've seen INTP's are almost just as rare.... Sounds like someone is jealous.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There aren't enough links to this site on other forums. I linked here from INTPc, and I imagine there are Typoc links on forums similar to that one. It's just not that well advertised. This forum escaped my google searches for years.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It doesn't seem to me like there is overwhelming INTJ representation on this site - I wish there were more, since they are so uncommon IRL. I don't know how long you've been lurking, but perhaps there has been a recent surge in INTJ posting, and drop in ISFP posting. I feel like there is decent ISFP representation.

As for mistakes in self-typing, that's quite common, though in general I think most "real" INTJs are quick to identify themselves as INTJ, being as information-absorbing and decisive as they are. Perhaps some INTJs on here are really something else, but that's true for all types. I dunno, in general you can usually tell with people because types have posting quirks. INTJs are generally pretty informative/instructive in a benevolent "teaching" sort of way, succinct and sometimes vague, and often serious interspersed with goofy. Nico, Oaky, Uumlau, Z, Kalach all basically follow that pattern, with some individual variation. INTPs are generally more wavering and long-winded, with more questioning (and more observations, with more mature INTPs). They seem to pick things apart more and INTJs seem to synthesize more. Often when someone is identifying as a different type than you think they might be, there are certain "tells" that set them apart... and generally eventually they will question their own self-typing. It is true that certain types are touted as "better"... but that has a lot to do with personal taste, too. I'd personally love to be INTJ or ISTP but they're so radically far from my personality that I couldn't delude myself into thinking I was one if I tried.

Regardless, type is "best-fit" and can only be self-determined anyway. I don't feel like there's any objective truth to be had, just guesstimations. If someone doesn't fall into the category you think they should... well, that's up to you whether you accept their self-typing and change your conception of that type to meet that person or stick with your conception of type as it is and classify them as something else.

Last edited:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I didn't look at statistics, I would think that INTJ was the most common type. I know this is a forum full of nerds but still...I'm sure if none of us looked at statistics there would be more variety in the type. I feel a lot of people who say they are INTJ aren't actually INTJ...I mean, could it be that you are filling out the form about a person you *want* to be and not being honest and filling it out about yourself. Because I know a lot of friends who think they're "loud, neat, on time" but they're not. Yet, if they were to take the MBTI, they would fill out "loud' 'neat' 'on time' And get like ExxJ. I feel like the most rare is like ISFP on this forum...like no one wants to be that. I think like 50% of this forum is just putting the MBTI they want...anyone catch my drift?? Or is it just me?

Well, I just happened to start this a couple days ago:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/other-psychology-topics/58002-forum-statistics-mbti-types.html

But you caught me! I'm really an ISFP :).

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Good for you. That shows more self-examination/awareness than that of a good chunk of those who conclude otherwise.

Yep. It's more affirming to grasp at the biggest most comfortable straw.

INTJ is the type with the highest average IQ. I don't know very many people that don't want to be smart!

Hah yeah!

Although I would prefer my signature, (the part in red), if it were true of myself. Unfortunately im none of them.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know very many people that don't want to be smart!

Neither do I but I know a lot of people that don't want to be INTJ.

I was always under the impression that most people want to be the type that they are.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Becaues it's pretty easy to type as it, and most people need to be really convinced once they start believing in their type description.

G

garbage

There's no shortage of tested INTJs in my town or at my workplace.

Also, it's kinda dangerous to compare "results gathered from taking that one MBTI test one time and then forgetting about it" to "results gathered through actually reading descriptions and delving into concepts such as JCF, and introspecting with those deliberations in mind." For that reason, I tend to think that typology forum discussions of collected stats are usually kinda meaningless.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
There's no shortage of tested INTJs in my town or at my workplace.

Also, it's kinda dangerous to compare "results gathered from taking that one MBTI test one time and then forgetting about it" to "results gathered through actually reading descriptions and delving into concepts such as JCF, and introspecting with those deliberations in mind." For that reason, I tend to think that typology forum discussions of collected stats are usually kinda meaningless.

Reminds me of an obscure forum, (where typology was not the main focus), I came across once while searching for something else, turns out 95% of the people on the forum typed as either INTJ or INFJ in one big thread.

If I were even to consider using the word coincidence I would first have to have a coincidence measurement chip installed in my brain just so I could measure how little of a coincidence this actually was.

In fact it was a perfect example of what is outlined in the quote above. It also could possibly be used as an example of the flaws in many of the internet created tests, which quite obviously lean towards a certain direction which if examined closely could more accurately be defined as "qualities people who are overly addicted to the internet and it's culture/s are most likely to exhibit".