• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Forum Statistics - % Of MBTI Types

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Fitting oneself into a system often appeals to introverts, especially given their rarity. I imagine INT is an appealing self-typing, as many introverts feel cold and isolated from others (and perhaps more intuitive and rational to justify their isolation). Nevermind that introversion in the traditional sense has nothing to do with MBTI, and warmth doesn't even correlate with F types (superficial warmth with Fe, perhaps).

Though introverted types could be more drawn to personality forums (rather than, say, achieving material goals) for validation, I get the impression many don't delve deep enough to understand the functions and consider extraverted MBTI types (or S types, for that matter :blush:).
I thought so until I’ve seen the posts.. Just scramble through the posts in this forum, something’s wrong.

Introverted intuitives tend to be more interested in personality type than others. It is sometimes astounding to me how many INFJs and INTJs are online on these forums given how uncommon they are.
Actually, I’m trying to say, joining a forum or any other social way to learn about a theory.. is not an introverted intuiters style, or all the introverted here are badasses?

Last edited:
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, I’m trying to say, joining a forum or any other social way to learn about a theory.. is not an introverted intuiters style, or all the introverted here are badasses?

Not sure an introvert joining a social forum constitutes a badass, but who knows.

I'd say that typing behind a computer is slightly less stressful than meeting strangers IRL for the socially anxious, introverted or not.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Not sure an introvert joining a social forum constitutes a badass, but who knows.

I'd say that typing behind a computer is slightly less stressful than meeting strangers IRL for the socially anxious, introverted or not.

What I meant:
Badass = high level of IQ
I didn’t want to replace that word so.. *error hidden reasons*
__
Anyway, you have your awkward life full of people, learn the theory and you have living examples.
Typing behind a computer, are you up to something?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

What I meant:
Badass = high level of IQ
I didn’t want to replace that word so.. *error hidden reasons*
__
Anyway, you have your awkward life full of people, learn the theory and you have living examples.
Typing behind a computer, are you up to something?

I'm not always sure what you are trying to say.

Are you referring to me or a generic "you"?

And not sure here "you have your awkward life full of people, learn the theory and you have living examples."

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm not always sure what you are trying to say.

Are you referring to me or a generic "you"?

And not sure here "you have your awkward life full of people, learn the theory and you have living examples."

No.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I think intuitive types are more likely to use forums and to see the value of mbti even if it doesn't correlate to some biological mechanism as they have a deeper understanding of the fluid nature of things.

For example, I think intuitive people are more likely to accept a non-literal heuristic for self-understanding.

That being said there are many brilliant sensors who are also able to do that as well....I just think that when it comes to the averages a different thing emerges. I also think that an INTP or INTJ finds all information useful for discerning knowledge. I believe that they are aware of the intra-system synergy which can be tapped into from an intellectual perspective.

For example: System A has some artifacts and idiosyncrasies which culminate in the following process of understanding
data -> facts -> information -> knowledge -> wisdom

For example: System B has some artifacts and idiosyncrasies which culminate in the following process of understanding
data -> facts -> information -> knowledge -> wisdom

After both systems are understood....both are viewed in conjunction
data from system A and B that differs and overlaps -> facts from both systems that differ and overlap -> information derived between two systems -> knowledge derived between two systems -> wisdom derived between two systems.

In this way mbti becomes increasingly useful as any other system does for gaining knowledge and wisdom even if it is not measurable at the moment or ever will be. Even the zodiac becomes valuable with this regard even if one does not believe in astrology because it becomes a closed system which is circular in nature (nearly perfect and complete).

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I can never understand anything you write.

Thank you for telling me so, many chose not to tell, I’d take it as a complement.
But as for you, that’s a problem of mine, I should work on it.

TreeBob

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Thank you for telling me so, many chose not to tell, I’d take it as a complement.
But as for you, that’s a problem of mine, I should work on it.

I wouldn't call it a compliment, but I am not trying to insult you. A lot of the time it seems like many NTs are trying to exist on another plane of existence. It is quite possible a lot of people understand what you write, and I am in the minority.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I wouldn't call it a compliment, but I am not trying to insult you. A lot of the time it seems like many NTs are trying to exist on another plane of existence. It is quite possible a lot of people understand what you write, and I am in the minority.

No we’re just like that, we never put effort on that, you shouldn’t feel strange that we’re different, instead take advantage.
- - - -
And sorry for this off topic post. :\

ScareBear

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm fairly new to all of this and I could be completely wrong here but maybe the lack of S's is due to them just being more active in real life? (I'm not saying N's are people who sit around computers all day.) Plus some S's I've run into tend to dislike being pigeonholed or people figuring them out or "getting them." So maybe some of this stuff runs them off? I could see where discussing theory would drive away Se's.

Researcher

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bad
The changes look pretty insignificant. A few more ENFPs and ISFPs as compared to 2012. A little increase in ISFJs and INFPs. 2014 numbers include active numbers of each type that have been on since Jan 1 of 2014.

Idea1:
Can you do this graph on how much they are posting, per type? (Divided by the active/signing-in members of that type).

Idea2:
Can you do this graph on the occurrence of the word "no" in the sum of all posts (case insensitive, whole word), per type? (Divided by how much each type posts)

other nice words:
- yes
- maybe
- you
- me + myself + I
- we + us
- they + them

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Exactly. There, I can only agree with you.
But I don't just want to find more out about myself, but also about other types to learn more about psychology and social skills since mine are rather low.
And by the way, my IQ is about 135 (used to be 140), which is in the range you mentioned.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Why don't we just read autobiography of less populous type to make up for the lack of members here? This way, we would know what their perspective would be like.

BluRoses

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Hmmm. I wonder if this has changed at all since the forum overhaul...? I actually came back because I got emails about it to "check it out," and then I guess I got hooked.

Regardless, interesting data!

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Extraverted sensors all the way at the bottom and introverted intuitive freaks at the top. Interesting.