• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Forum Statistics - % Of MBTI Types

wolfy

awsm
BTK killer was a serial killer in the US... Bind Torture Kill... And the dude was a deacon in his church.

BLT killer sounds like he's related to the Cookie Monster.... :D

That guy sounds like scum. But let's not diss Cookie Monster. Or especially Count. Don't mess with Sesame St.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure, really. On one website they compare the Trinity killer to the Zodiac killer and to BTK though. Oh, another thing about BTK is he actually sent letters to the police describing the killings...

Yeah, I read about him in the 80's and found the crimes intriguing. They really had no idea who he was. Dennis Rader, the man, ended up being far less intelligent and far more banal than what the detectives had expected based on the crimes. Even when not committing murders, he was a petty man and harrassed the locals of Wichita in his role as a Compliance officer for the city. If he hadn't started writing to the police, to make himself feel more important again, he would have never been caught.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ironically, as a semi-tangent, my ESFP kid is pissing everyone in the family off lately because he won't stop with the "... your mom" jokes. Everything someone says, he adds some twist with "[whatever] your mom" on the end... sometimes with risque results.

My INTP kid and I think they're somewhat funny at certain times due to the inappropriateness factor, but at other times they just come off as banal. Anyway, kudos to those wacky Te-Ni ESFPs.
I've been annoying my friends for YEARS with lame your mom and that's what she said jokes. I know they're lame but...so freaking irresistible. :wubbie:

I hereby claim your mom jokes in the name of Se. *

*sarcasm, in case anyone was unclear :D

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I read about him in the 80's and found the crimes intriguing. They really had no idea who he was. Dennis Rader, the man, ended up being far less intelligent and far more banal than what the detectives had expected based on the crimes. Even when not committing murders, he was a petty man and harrassed the locals of Wichita in his role as a Compliance officer for the city. If he hadn't started writing to the police, to make himself feel more important again, he would have never been caught.

Yep... Clearly the Zodiac killer had the better approach to his "fame."

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been annoying my friends for YEARS with lame your mom and that's what she said jokes. I know they're lame but...so freaking irresistible. :wubbie:

I hereby claim your mom jokes in the name of Se. *

Damn you! Damn you and all of your Se wiles that my Ne cannot possibly compete with! That sucks!! (...your mother)

Yep... Clearly the Zodiac killer had the better approach to his "fame."

Yeah. I think he died.

(Damn him! Damn him and all his Se wiles that the police's Ne could not possibly compete with!)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was under the impression that infj only become melancholy.
Indeed! But they become melancholy with junk food and Pride and Prejudice. :yes: They should just stick "INFJ Anti-Depressants" on the front of that miniseries! :laugh: <-- (kidding (kind of))
In NZ there is a restaurant called Death by Chocolate. Cool name.
Yeah it is! Is their food as good as their name?
Thanks for the correction -- I'd hate to target the wrong group of victims. :smile:
:devil:
I'm not sure, really. On one website they compare the Trinity killer to the Zodiac killer and to BTK though. Oh, another thing about BTK is he actually sent letters to the police describing the killings...
Oh that is a difference! But the fact that he was a family man, and a deacon, and waited several decades between killings, makes him a lot like Trinity.

(What a great season of that show!!! One of my favorites.)

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh that is a difference! But the fact that he was a family man, and a deacon, and waited several decades between killings, makes him a lot like Trinity.

(What a great season of that show!!! One of my favorites.)

I do see more BTK as far as his "normal" life went... Maybe that's what the writer was going for. That was a good season. Ah... One more month. :D

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
BTK killer was a serial killer in the US... Bind Torture Kill... And the dude was a deacon in his church.

BLT killer sounds like he's related to the Cookie Monster.... :D
And Cookie Monster sounds like Tom Waits. (Ne tangent)

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
2- Because we seem to be the type most likely to waste time in our heads and on the internet instead of living life in places where there is sunlight and moving air and maybe a mountain waving in the distance. ;)
3- A good chunk of them are not INFPs.
4- I am not sure how possible that is. Like calls to like. PerC seems to have an enormous population of sensors and cosplay intuitives. I like how TypoC is much better... it's quirky and fun and has a smaller community that one can get to know.
5- To me, it makes sense that the numbers are skewed this way versus IRL. I don't think sensors are stupid or that intuitives breath smells like fresh baked cinnamon buns.
I have to agree with this, and it's more of a question of which is the larger factor; how many of us are mistyped versus who the forum attracts and keeps. Of course there seems to be no easy way of finding this out. :dry: From my observations, many people who join up as sensors do tend to in the long run change their types if they stay.

You've got all these statistics of people who labelled themselves a specific type and then there are those who don't label themselves too. What are they?
You've got the people who mistype themselves and the ones who type themselves beautifully enjoying a good bit of self-satisfied descriptions. Then it's the arguments of "N is beautified and S is an over-beaten pinata" which disproves itself when its the majority of people repeating the same thing. Unless some of us are enjoying a game of hypocrite, hmmm?
Not necessarily, I do think that the explicit attitude of the forum has changed from its beginning to be more accepting of Ss, the implicit attitude hasn't necessarily changed. In general, people dislike, condescension, arrogance, and go-arounds, however they still do occur. Why? It's not that people are trying to go around in conversations trying to be condescending to others (remember the in general part). It's just that to the people committing the insulting action. it's hard to see how the action could be considered insulting.
We can say that mbti is in itself a subject matter to do with theoretical models of cognition... which of course is all mind fun about mind fun... so meta... and who likes to have fun with the mind about mind fun? This is no theory about the stars and planets. To some, maybe... but not to most. So why are the INs here testing IN? Bias? Self-denial? An inherited interest in psychology as an intangible subject? Sensors who believe they're intuitives on typec would more likely appear here on differing motivations than playing with their thoughts on theoretical models that hold to 'definition of intuition'. Tons of reasons an S might mistype themselves but not as many for the S to be interested in intuitive games. We have a problem... and that problem is the intangibility of psychology... the truth is playing with us like a snake on the 100th mark of snakes and ladders. Gotta play a bit more abstract.
I think I see your point, but I'm not sure, so I will tread carefully and please clarify and correct me if I'm wrong, Quercus officinalis. My points are:
1. Sensors can enjoy mind fun.
2. Psychology can be tangible or at the very least considered practical as it tries to explain oneself and the ties to others. Pop psychology is fairly common even if it isn't correct.
3. Even if the previous statements were untrue, this forum has a rather large section not devoted to theory and is used as a get together for people.
4. Lastly Oaky, you're an ESFJ and have no idea what we are talking about; you post hundreds of pictures of yourself on Vent and use too many emoticons in your posts. :mellow:

Well, you can do several things.

1. Don't take what anybody has to say about celebrity types seriously.
2. Be skeptical about what anyone says regarding the functions, though some of it tends to be on the mark. You have to learn how to judge.
3. Regarding your own type, be open to typing as an S type. Truly open. Find better descriptions to help you along. Socionics is generally better about it.
4. Regarding your own type, solicit feedback from people IRL. People unconnected to these type communities. Try to see the patterns and fit them honestly...don't rationalize them into the type you're stuck on being.
5. Regarding your own type, move away from descriptions and look at interaction/communication styles and solicit feedback about it from people IRL.
Well first of all thanks for the nice response.

1. But Harry Potter really is an ENTJ!!! :cry: ....People who are too serious about these conversations probably need more help than what this forum can provide.
2. and 3. I agree with the ideal however, the problems with these solutions is that how can you decide that you have learned proper judgement or openness? How can you ensure that you stay that way? Of course those questions belong to a different thread.
4. See the patterns...bringing up myself as an example: closest friends see me as an INFJ and decent friends as ISTP, acquaintances as IXXJ. I do not argue, and I do not bring up typology. Whose perception is right? In my specific case, I think it just means that depending upon whom I'm interacting with my communication/ behavior adapts, but as a general matter do you have something more specific than see the patterns?
5. I should do this more often anyway to make sure I am not stepping on others' toes, but this is my favorite practical solution of the bunch as it not only serves to help the purpose of finding yourself, but obtains feedback about your relationship with the person being asked.

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
And [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION], I'll take you on. I have made ISTJs cry, I think ESTJs would be easier.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do see more BTK as far as his "normal" life went... Maybe that's what the writer was going for. That was a good season. Ah... One more month. :D
:yesss:
And [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION], I'll take you on. I have made ISTJs cry, I think ESTJs would be easier.
:shock: Wow. Did they cry from having their feelings hurt, or cry from being mad/frustrated? If from being mad/frustrated, then it makes sense that it would be easier to make an ESTJ cry; they're more easily flustered.

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
EJCC, a combination of both. One of my proudest not something to be proud of moments. Unfortunately he looked like a puppy you just kicked, so my anger was quickly emolliated.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not necessarily, I do think that the explicit attitude of the forum has changed from its beginning to be more accepting of Ss, the implicit attitude hasn't necessarily changed. In general, people dislike, condescension, arrogance, and go-arounds, however they still do occur. Why? It's not that people are trying to go around in conversations trying to be condescending to others (remember the in general part). It's just that to the people committing the insulting action. it's hard to see how the action could be considered insulting.
I'm afraid you might have me slightly misunderstood keps. My post was a more unfiltered post observing the nature of the things that are possible about the forums. You're talk of the explicit attitude that has changed over the implicit attitude that remains was the source of my other possible truth of the people on here being slightly hypocritical. If you had read my post in the way I'd have wished for you to perceive it, you'd have probably noticed that my tone would have inclined towards one different to your thoughts. Your thoughts on the different perceptions of posts can be related to the vice versa and many other possible in-betweens and unrelated other categories. Making it exclusively to this avoids it's existence in the counter-play of the matter. It does not work the best to try and prove any point you would be making about the matter at hand.
I think I see your point, but I'm not sure, so I will tread carefully and please clarify and correct me if I'm wrong, Quercus officinalis. My points are:
1. Sensors can enjoy mind fun.
Yes, they can but they can also not enjoy it. And intuitives can enjoy things less abstract and theoretical but they can also not enjoy it. Humans most certainly have their preferences to certain things both sensory and abstract but how narrowly we refine them tends to allow us to detect what we enjoy in a more raw sense. It is more likely intuitives will hold a longer talk with you about abstract notions and certain theoretical concepts of more unconventional topics then sensors because it adheres more to their general mind states.
2. Psychology can be tangible or at the very least considered practical as it tries to explain oneself and the ties to others. Pop psychology is fairly common even if it isn't correct.
Psychology is not tangible but of course it can be practical. Patterns in a human is not an absolute indication of a certain mind state or feeling but humans can incline towards the indication of those patterns.
3. Even if the previous statements were untrue, this forum has a rather large section not devoted to theory and is used as a get together for people.
So this is all leading to the point that a lot of people here are mistyped? Why didn't you say so in the first place? You don't have to ease it in through indirect ways giving roundabout points leading to this square argument. Perhaps you don't think it's very hip to be square. for [MENTION=15392]AffirmitiveAnxiety[/MENTION]

4. Lastly Oaky, you're an ESFJ and have no idea what we are talking about; you post hundreds of pictures of yourself on Vent and use too many emoticons in your posts. :mellow:
The world is changing right before my eyes.

Keps Mnemnosyne

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Mm
Yes, they can but they can also not enjoy it. And intuitives can enjoy things less abstract and theoretical but they can also not enjoy it. Humans most certainly have their preferences to certain things both sensory and abstract but how narrowly we refine them tends to allow us to detect what we enjoy in a more raw sense. It is more likely intuitives will hold a longer talk with you about abstract notions and certain theoretical concepts of more unconventional topics then sensors because it adheres more to their general mind states.
Psychology is not tangible but of course it can be practical. Patterns in a human is not an absolute indication of a certain mind state or feeling but humans can incline towards the indication of those patterns.
So this is all leading to the point that a lot of people here are mistyped? Why didn't you say so in the first place? You don't have to ease it in through indirect ways giving roundabout points leading to this square argument. Perhaps you don't think it's very hip to be square.

Ultimately Oaky, I think we sort of agree on the main points and to quote myself:
It's more of a question of which is the larger factor; how many of us are mistyped versus who the forum attracts and keeps
and our differences are in deciding which is the more significant factor. You tend to go with how the subject of psychology and forum appeals only to a certain group of people and I go with the number of mistyped. What percentage of sensors do like to play with abstract and theoretical and how many of those are susceptible to being mistyped and go with the forum bias? I think you would argue that this is a low percentage and I would argue for a moderate amount, but how can we be certain? As for my last point, I was not easing into it; it was simply the point I thought you would not argue. My other points exist for a reason. :mad:... :D

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You tend to go with how the subject of psychology and forum appeals only to a certain group of people and I go with the number of mistyped. What percentage of sensors do like to play with abstract and theoretical and how many of those are susceptible to being mistyped and go with the forum bias? I think you would argue that this is a low percentage and I would argue for a moderate amount, but how can we be certain? As for my last point, I was not easing into it; it was simply the point I thought you would not argue. My other points exist for a reason. :mad:... :D
Careful in what you think about my arguments Keps. I'm not in belief that a lot of people here are correct in their typings as much as I am to believe that a lot of people here are are intuitives by forum topic inclination. I'm speculating both arguments and saying that we cannot be sure of either because we don't have enough extra data beyond our intuition. And our intuitions like to be skeptical about a lot of things. Cynical skepticism is nice to have but a certain level of trust also keeps a good balance for a decent mind.