• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Forum Statistics - % Of MBTI Types

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I must admit if I could rewrite INTP descriptions id just put a picture of you without any underpants on...buying yesterdays milk.

I don't know your mbti because you keep changing it, so here's your 6w7 description.

tumblr_l3yeqqI0eW1qc1g5po1_500.jpg

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've pointed in the direction of the problem. Ss want descriptions that sound exciting and positive, not boring and negative. I know what would happen if Ss made up the N descriptions, don't you?

I'd settle for plain old "semi-accurate", but that's just me. :shrug:

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've pointed in the direction of the problem. Ss want descriptions that sound exciting and positive, not boring and negative. I know what would happen if Ss made up the N descriptions, don't you?

I really think it's just the highly intelligent S's that take offense at how the descriptions are written. For me... I have zero issues with the ISFP descriptions I've read. Almost all of them have been spot on. It doesn't say that I'm super smart or anything, but that's not a major concern for me since I'm more interested in the artistic side of life. Admittedly, I haven't read many of the other descriptions in depth, so I'm not sure how well or how poorly they are written. I did read INTJ (because of my husband) and to me it was a snoozefest. Again, that's not surprising given my interests. ;)

I don't think I'd want to rewrite any of the N's descriptions because I don't know how the N's mind works to be honest... I'm still trying to figure my husband out when it comes to that... For that same reason, I think that's the problem with an N writing some of the S's descriptions.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I called myself INTP and made a thread declaring that "your mom..." jokes were an Ne-Ti form of humor, it would be accepted at face value as true and people would start to give examples of how they've been misunderstood by dumb Ss in their lives every time they try and say a "your mom..." joke. If we're lucky, we might even get some asshole to come in and declare that "no, it's not Ne-Ti! It's Ni-Te!"

Ironically, as a semi-tangent, my ESFP kid is pissing everyone in the family off lately because he won't stop with the "... your mom" jokes. Everything someone says, he adds some twist with "[whatever] your mom" on the end... sometimes with risque results.

My INTP kid and I think they're somewhat funny at certain times due to the inappropriateness factor, but at other times they just come off as banal. Anyway, kudos to those wacky Te-Ni ESFPs.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd settle for plain old "semi-accurate", but that's just me. :shrug:
:yes: ! And something that doesn't include the word "mechanic", for once!

I'd be happy with an ESTJ description that doesn't talk about working in business, or the government, or the military. (The middle management thing is actually pretty accurate, as long as it's elaborated upon more than it is in other descriptions, so your first image is an effective middle manager, and not Lumbergh from "Office Space".)

wolfy

awsm
I'd like a description that includes instructions on getting rich.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd be happy with an ESTJ description that doesn't talk about working in business, or the government, or the military...

"ESTJs invest themselves intently and realistically in whatever they try to accomplish -- they do it hard, and they do it well -- whether drinking, smoking, running illicit drug cartels or arms smuggling rings, or making INFPs cry. In all of these pursuits, they are typically matter of fact and very successful."

Is that better?

wolfy

awsm
"ESTJs invest themselves intently and realistically in whatever they try to accomplish -- they do it hard, and they do it well -- whether drinking, smoking, running illicit drug cartels or arms smuggling rings , or making INFPs cry.In all of these pursuits, they are typically matter of fact and very successful."

Is that better?

She said unrelated to working in business, or the government, or the military...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She said unrelated to working in business, or the government, or the military...

I tried. I had trouble coming up with other examples without any such connections... aside from making INFPs cry. Sorry. :(

Wait. Dennis Rader, the BTK serial murderer, was a deacon in his church, and he seems to be an ESTJ.

Does that help?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"ESTJs invest themselves intently and realistically in whatever they try to accomplish -- they do it hard, and they do it well -- whether drinking, smoking, running illicit drug cartels or arms smuggling rings, or making INFPs cry. In all of these pursuits, they are typically matter of fact and very successful."

Is that better?
:laugh: I guess by "business", I meant "big business", e.g. Executive, CEO, Management. But then I said the middle manager thing could be accurate. :doh: Dammit, I should put my thoughts together more before I post. I try to avoid stereotypes, and then I reinforce them. I don't mean to be a hypocrite, I promise!!

See why I shied away from writing a description in the first place??

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
See why I shied away from writing a description in the first place??

Ha ha! I'm just being goofy right now, but seriously, ESTJs have some great skillsets for organizations of any sort and especially for those with some sort of hierarchy. The structure is there to be leveraged for max effect, I think it can appeal to an extroverted "get 'er done" type. So I think that's why many ESTJs seem to wind up in those kinds of positions... that's all. Doesn't mean there won't be some who go elsewhere or find other ways to use their individual talents.

wolfy

awsm
I tried. I had trouble coming up with other examples without any such connections... aside from making INFPs cry. Sorry. :(

Wait. Dennis Rader, the BTK serial murderer, was a deacon in his church, and he seems to be an ESTJ.

Does that help?

I don't know who that is or what BTK means. My mind skipped straight to BLT serial murderer. Heart disease or something, I don't know. Do infp really cry a lot? Maybe we need a poll or something...

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ha ha! I'm just being goofy right now, but seriously, ESTJs have some great skillsets for organizations of any sort and especially for those with some sort of hierarchy. The structure is there to be leveraged for max effect, I think it can appeal to an extroverted "get 'er done" type. So I think that's why many ESTJs seem to wind up in those kinds of positions... that's all. Doesn't mean there won't be some who go elsewhere or find other ways to use their individual talents.
Indeed! We may end up being middle managers in the Italian mob, or entrepreneurial crack dealers on the corners in Baltimore. Because if you're going to do that sort of thing, you might as well do it efficiently! Git R Dun indeed!
:nice:
For reals, though, there seem to be a lot of STJs in the cast of characters in "The Wire". e.g. Bodie, who's one of my favorite characters in the show.
I don't know who that is or what BTK means. My mind skipped straight to BLT serial murderer. Heart disease or something, I don't know. Do infp really cry a lot? Maybe we need a poll or something...
Food murders?! So many possibilities! BLT murders... KFC murders... cereal killing...

Also, imho, ESTJs are better at making INFJs cry. INFPs would be more/as likely to get into a shouting match with us, whereas the INFJ would run away and cry and eat Cheet-Os and watch "Pride and Prejudice" to try and cheer themselves up.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx

BTK killer was a serial killer in the US... Bind Torture Kill... And the dude was a deacon in his church.

BLT killer sounds like he's related to the Cookie Monster.... :D

wolfy

awsm
Food murders?! So many possibilities! BLT murders... KFC murders... cereal killing...

Also, imho, ESTJs are better at making INFJs cry. INFPs would be more/as likely to get into a shouting match with us, whereas the INFJ would run away and cry and eat Cheet-Os and watch "Pride and Prejudice" to try and cheer themselves up.

I was under the impression that infj only become melancholy. In NZ there is a restaurant called Death by Chocolate. Cool name.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
BTK killer was a serial killer in the US... Bind Torture Kill... And the dude was a deacon in his church.
Sounds familiar, actually. Was he the guy that the Trinity Killer from "Dexter" was based on?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Thanks for the correction -- I'd hate to target the wrong group of victims. :smile:

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sounds familiar, actually. Was he the guy that the Trinity Killer from "Dexter" was based on?

I'm not sure, really. On one website they compare the Trinity killer to the Zodiac killer and to BTK though. Oh, another thing about BTK is he actually sent letters to the police describing the killings...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Didn't see it but very likely. He was very prominent in the late 70's, out in Wichita, not quite as big as Zodiac, but well-established. Then he laid low for 20-25 years or so, before coming out of hiding, and managed to get himself caught when sending messages to the police.