• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's it like being ni dom?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay...that helps [MENTION=7595]INTP[/MENTION] and thank you [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] too

it's still weird...i'll try and talk to my mom more about her ni ness tho she has no idea what it means
i feel like i need to sit with someone and say...okay...this is how i'm going about it...etc etc
and then hear their process.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
What's it like being ni dom?

I dont possess a strong Ni, in fact im fairly sure it's a shadow for me, but if those Ni dom's ive interacted with are anything to go off: It's like being a complete cracker jack where you have most of the crackers and all of the jack.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
okay...that helps [MENTION=7595]INTP[/MENTION] and thank you [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] too

it's still weird...i'll try and talk to my mom more about her ni ness tho she has no idea what it means
i feel like i need to sit with someone and say...okay...this is how i'm going about it...etc etc

You keep on saying things that sound like the pursuit of introverted perception: collect data, then wait for synthesis. That emphasis on waiting suggests you tend to view themes or insights or overarching narratives as relatively untrustworthy but still available. The inner world is murky but not too terrible and if you just give it some time, something may coalesce and become believable.

This, I think, is rather like what it's like to be an Ni dom. Or perhaps I project. (And it might be like the process of Si too.)

And if I'd finished off instead with "something may coalesce and become believable. Meanwhile, gather more data" then it might sound more like Se dom. Or even, Jung forbid, Ne dom. (But I prefer to say Se/Ni because I suspect "gather" is different from whatever verb an Ne perp would use.)

/didn't stop while ahead

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I hope so. We lost a good one when SweetandSour turned. It's long past time we got a body back.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You keep on saying things that sound like the pursuit of introverted perception: collect data, then wait for synthesis. That emphasis on waiting suggests you tend to view themes or insights or overarching narratives as relatively untrustworthy but still available. The inner world is murky but not too terrible and if you just give it some time, something may coalesce and become believable.

This, I think, is rather like what it's like to be an Ni dom. Or perhaps I project. (And it might be like the process of Si too.)

And if I'd finished off instead with "something may coalesce and become believable. Meanwhile, gather more data" then it might sound more like Se dom. Or even, Jung forbid, Ne dom. (But I prefer to say Se/Ni because I suspect "gather" is different from whatever verb an Ne perp would use.)

/didn't stop while ahead

haha well for fun i read something on esfp just now and i do relate to a lot of it...except...i unfortunately do not live very much in the present at all and no one who knows me would confuse me for someone who is aware of their surroundings! haha unfortunately...no really it is unfortunate. i envy those that can just be in the moment and experience all the lovely sensation of it all...i truly do

the point of thread really was not my questioning it...i just truly wonder what it feels like to be a ni dom...or rather just how ni feels differently than ne. i also wonder why i feel like i relate to it in some ways.

and i wonder if other ne users do too

but very interesting thoughts kalach thanks.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
haha well for fun i read something on esfp just now and i do relate to a lot of it...except...i unfortunately do not live very much in the present at all and no one who knows me would confuse me for someone who is aware of their surroundings! haha unfortunately...no really it is unfortunate. i envy those that can just be in the moment and experience all the lovely sensation of it all...i truly do

the point of thread really was not my questioning it...i just truly wonder what it feels like to be a ni dom...or rather just how ni feels differently than ne. i also wonder why i feel like i relate to it in some ways.

and i wonder if other ne users do too

but very interesting thoughts kalach thanks.

So what's

This:
i sincerely appreciate all of you all writing your thoughts on this tho...i'm going to let it marinate.

And this:

I ask (and not really specifically about just those two examples, but) because you often appear to be talking with concepts in mind. It's not that you show off the concepts. They're background. And kind of secret background. That may or may not be done cooking.

Seems Ni. As opposed, say, to Ne (or Si).

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
but...we're not actually. i mean that i don't think ne doms are very aware of what's going on around us. i think that's why we like sparkly...or unusual things so much because everything is always a haze...all of it just blending together and rarely focused on...but the sparkly things jump out at us.

Really? So this means something. I'm not sure what but something.

What are the sparkly things?

This says what appeals to an ENFPs interests.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what's

This:

And this:

I ask (and not really specifically about just those two examples, but) because you often appear to be talking with concepts in mind. It's not that you show off the concepts. They're background. And kind of secret background. That may or may not be done cooking.

Seems Ni. As opposed, say, to Ne (or Si).

it means that i don't yet make sense of it. i feel like i need to think about it more....and yes...it feels as tho you say...not yet cooked.

it's just...ne i get...it's the hornets nest inside my brain...but what does it feel like for ni dom. it seems as tho it would be all serene and focused.

so...just asking...for the same reason i was asking about fe. it's seems on one hand totally alien...and on the other...i feel i can relate...sometimes.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really? So this means something. I'm not sure what but something.

What are the sparkly things?

This says what appeals to an ENFPs interests.

sparkly as i mean it...is the new and unusual...the askew..the different perspective...the quirky folk...the people who say things that surprise me.

and simply...new people that i don't have figured out yet. it's like searching for puzzles...newer more challenging puzzles.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sparkly as i mean it...is the new and unusual...the askew..the different perspective...the quirky folk...the people who say things that surprise me.

and simply...new people that i don't have figured out yet. it's like searching for puzzles...newer more challenging puzzles.

Ah - so then do ENFPs get along with INTJs because they are askew and quirky folk that are a challenging puzzle?

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
it means that i don't yet make sense of it. i feel like i need to think about it more....and yes...it feels as tho you say...not yet cooked.

it's just...ne i get...it's the hornets nest inside my brain...but what does it feel like for ni dom. it seems as tho it would be all serene and focused.

so...just asking...for the same reason i was asking about fe. it's seems on one hand totally alien...and on the other...i feel i can relate...sometimes.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... <- serene and focused, thus -> ........ what is this "sense" to you?

Sense to me tends to mean I have a coherent image in my head to show what I now believe is the real story of what's going on around me. My understanding is that this happens a lot for Ne types, but a moment later they'll see a new idea for how to understand it all. The Ni type will tend to stick with their image and carry it forward. (In their own head the images may change a lot but as far as dealing with the outside world is concerned, they'll maintain they're right and will avoid changing *the idea* in the moment.)

Ne, it seems to me, will lead a person to new global ideas, that change and develop from moment to moment as the environment appears to change. Se will, by contrast, lead a person to new local experiences, which change and develop from moment to moment as the environment is explored.

As far as the original topic goes, personally I notice that in the environment, I'm more about local experience. If I'm out and about and doing, then I'm seeing colours, watching movement, choosing paths, etc. The getting of global understandings does NOT(usually) happen in an environment. It all comes about later during reflection where everything gets joined up into some connection.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah - so then do ENFPs get along with INTJs because they are askew and quirky folk that are a challenging puzzle?

that seems likely...i personally don't know any.

but yes...i'm an odd person magnet.

also...it's where some of that greener pasture syndrome comes from....needing more intellectual stimulation...complex people are good tho...people that we'll never quite figure out. people with endless inner worlds.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... <- serene and focused, thus -> ........ what is this "sense" to you?

Sense to me tends to mean I have a coherent image in my head to show what I now believe is the real story of what's going on around me. My understanding is that this happens a lot for Ne types, but a moment later they'll see a new idea for how to understand it all. The Ni type will tend to stick with their image and carry it forward. (In their own head the images may change a lot but as far as dealing with the outside world is concerned, they'll maintain they're right and will avoid changing *the idea* in the moment.)

Ne, it seems to me, will lead a person to new global ideas, that change and develop from moment to moment as the environment appears to change. Se will, by contrast, lead a person to new local experiences, which change and develop from moment to moment as the environment is explored.

As far as the original topic goes, personally I notice that in the environment, I'm more about local experience. If I'm out and about and doing, then I'm seeing colours, watching movement, choosing paths, etc. The getting of global understandings does NOT(usually) happen in an environment. It all comes about later during reflection where everything gets joined up into some connection.

ahhhhhh!!! my head just exploded a lil!

the aim here...is to get it from the inside out.. to make sense of it is to feel as tho i have shared the experience internally and fully comprehend it.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
ahhhhhh!!! my head just exploded a lil!

the aim here...is to get it from the inside out.. to make sense of it is to feel as tho i have shared the experience internally and fully comprehend it.

Okay.

Just as a data point if ever you want to think about it, I really want to say that this is Se/Ni.

I'm pretty sure if you handcuff an Ne person to a stove and demand they tell the truth, they'll say they comprehend externally. For Ne, the meaning and content is "out there". For the person, there definitely will be something they draw inside and reflect upon. I'm not sure if they'll draw comprehension inside. They'll draw in the experience itself, uncomplicated by interpretation. Maybe.

Damn.

That sure felt like I was drawing a distinction between the two processes, but imagery seems to be making it hard to tell them apart. Now I don't actually know which image to properly attach to what you're saying.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
see?? it's frustrating! the deeper you get the harder it is to distinguish the two!

and as i sit here...i'm having a difficult time grasping what "out there " even means...maybe some other day when my head wasn't so twisty i'd get it more.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that seems likely...i personally don't know any.

but yes...i'm an odd person magnet.

also...it's where some of that greener pasture syndrome comes from....needing more intellectual stimulation...complex people are good tho...people that we'll never quite figure out. people with endless inner worlds.

Interesting. Learned something new today.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
see?? it's frustrating! the deeper you get the harder it is to distinguish the two!

I must unfortunately disagree. It's finding the right words that's hard, and the lack of words either is a lack of words or a lack of clarity in vision on which to hang words. /Ni dom

and as i sit here...i'm having a difficult time grasping what "out there " even means...maybe some other day when my head wasn't so twisty i'd get it more.

"out there": not dependent on you, not created by you.

Things that are "out there" can be shared directly with other people. As opposed to "in here". Things that are "in here" usually require some translation.

ISTJ: This is the best tasting apple pie EVA!
ESFP: Wha--? It's totally waaaay too salty!
ISTJ: I see you don't know what real apple pie should be.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I must unfortunately disagree. It's finding the right words that's hard, and the lack of words either is a lack of words or a lack of clarity in vision on which to hang words. /Ni dom

"out there": not dependent on you, not created by you.

Things that are "out there" can be shared directly with other people. As opposed to "in here". Things that are "in here" usually require some translation.

ISTJ: This is the best tasting apple pie EVA!
ESFP: Wha--? It's totally waaaay too salty!
ISTJ: I see you don't know what real apple pie should be.

Okay but as an enfp I would try and figure out what they meant by that. Are they saying its better than that pie we had at that cafe that time!? Or are they trying to be nice for such n such reason? Is apple pie their absolute favorite dessert? Wouldn't they have preferred we ordered the tiramisu instead? Pie reminds me of my grandma... Etc etc etc

Haha what would be the intj response?