• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP vs INTP

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I find I have had a hard time communicating with INFPs. I think it's becasue we seem alike at first but are actually at cross purposes. :bitchfest:

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

This was connected to that video. i think it might be an example of an INFP confusng themselves for an INTP.
I don't think she has a good understanding of INTPs or INFPs.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
This was connected to that video. i think it might be an example of an INFP confusng themselves for an INTP.

Yeeaah, she doesn't know what she's talking about.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with INFPs outside of my one friend who was uber cerebral and militant about his beliefs, though he was cool. I think he was somewhat unhealthy, though, which, according to the vid, means he was using his Te~!

Other than that, I had one friend who I'm pretty sure was an XNFP. She was really nice and sweet, but I knew if we ever got into a debate I'd be hitting my head against a brick wall. When moral issues are discussed, my go-to form of communicating my ideas is why and how they make sense objectively. She communicated her ideas according to the what was 'right' ethically. Usually, our opinions paralleled one another, since we're both pretty liberal, but we came from two completely different sources.

Tbh, though, I think the main reason why we couldn't discuss things wasn't because of ~Ti versus Fi~, but because she had, what seemed to me, an unexplored rationale for why she believed certain things for what she did. I had little problem talking with my other friend because he was smart, and had a pretty good rationale for why he believed things for what he did.

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
I find I have had a hard time communicating with INFPs. I think it's becasue we seem alike at first but are actually at cross purposes. :bitchfest:

Really? I communicate really well with INFPs.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with INFPs outside of my one friend who was uber cerebral and militant about his beliefs, though he was cool. I think he was somewhat unhealthy, though, which, according to the vid, means he was using his Te~!

Other than that, I had one friend who I'm pretty sure was an XNFP. She was really nice and sweet, but I knew if we ever got into a debate I'd be hitting my head against a brick wall. When moral issues are discussed, my go-to form of communicating my ideas is why and how they make sense objectively. She communicated her ideas according to the what was 'right' ethically. Usually, our opinions paralleled one another, since we're both pretty liberal, but we came from two completely different sources.

Tbh, though, I think the main reason why we couldn't discuss things wasn't because of ~Ti versus Fi~, but because she had, what seemed to me, an unexplored rationale for why she believed certain things for what she did. I had little problem talking with my other friend because he was smart, and had a pretty good rationale for why he believed things for what he did.

Oh yeah, debating with ENFPs has not been fun in my experience... It is because of the Ti vs Fi IMO. For some reason my INFP friend and I agree on almost everything.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Malleable & easy-going" = fat dude asleep on couch.
Lol.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

And that was the post-edit version!

Mixed bag for me. We either REALLY get on. Or not at all. I can usually understand where they are coming from though. I just can't always listen to it.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4

No. She's not from my tribe yo. I actually thought her video was great. INTPs generally make me feel good about myself like this vid did.

Liberty

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
In general, I don't get along with other NTs in general...I would not get along with the girl in the video.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I always notice a kind of barrier between me and INFP's, we can get along but it's mainly surface as I suspect they like to hold back, which is perfectly fine.

Or maybe I just dont know how to read subtle cues in social situations?