• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Database of Keirsey's Typings

Franz

MBTI Type
enfp
David Keirsey, author of Please Understand me I and II, as well as other works on type, is now well over 90 years old. Most confunsingly, his son (who is also named David Keirsey) has now taken over the family business, and the typings featured on Keirsey.com are a mishmash of Keirsey's and those of his son. In fact, his son may well have revised Keirsey's original verdicts in some instances.

The problem with this development is that while Keirsey's typings were always off in some cases, the typings produced by his son are of an all together inferior quality. While Keirsey always maintained that his system was different from Myers and Jung, he was never the less much closer to the methodology employed by Myers and Jung than his son appears to be.

Keirsey himself is now retired from public life, and given that he (for better or for worse) was a key figure in developing and popularizing Jungian type, I think it would be worthwhile to preserve his typings, seperate from those of his son. Therefore, I hope some of the well-read type-experts on this forum will join me in compiling a list of such typings, from the print (as his son now directs Keirsey.com). I also think we should do it properly, which means adhering to proper standards of scholarship, which again means no pasting of random lists off the net. If you read the book(s), you get to contribute.

I hope I am not the only one who can see the value of restoring and preserving this information for posterity and so I ask would you to join me in this quest.

THE DATABASE SO FAR:

Maria Callas SP - PUM I p. 36
Abraham Lincoln SJ - PUM I p. 45

Maslow NF - PUM II p. 130
Kierkegaard NF - PUM II p. 130
Carl Rogers NF - PUM II p. 130

George Custer SP - PUM II p. 299
Robert E. Lee SP - PUM II p. 299

Zachary Taylor SFP - PUM II p. 299
Franklin Pierce SFP - PUM II p. 299
James Garfield SFP - PUM II p. 299
Chester Arthur SFP - PUM II p. 299
Warren Harding SFP - PUM II p. 299
Ronald Reagan SFP - PUM II p. 299
Bill Clinton SFP - PUM II p. 299

Andrew Jackson STP - PUM II p. 299
Martin Van Buren STP - PUM II p. 299
Theodore Roosevelt STP - PUM II p. 299
Franklin Roosevelt STP - PUM II p. 299
John F. Kennedy STP - PUM II p. 299
Lyndon Johnson STP - PUM II p. 299

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think Keirsey had it right by focusing on how types behave rather than cognition since under Keirsey I am INTP or the Architect but under Jung some people think I am a TiNi ISTP and then under Socionics there can be an ISTP who uses SiTe so all of these theories are very vague and lack sufficient experimental verification to treat as a true science.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I think Keirsey had it right by focusing on how types behave rather than cognition since under Keirsey I am INTP or the Architect but under Jung some people think I am a TiNi ISTP and then under Socionics there can be an ISTP who uses SiTe so all of these theories are very vague and lack sufficient experimental verification to treat as a true science.

Interesting point, of course under Keirsey I would most likely be an ENFJ. Or an INTP depending upon my mood.

Since we ARE discussing behaviour here....