• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DAMN IT! I WANT TO HEAR FI USERS EXPRESS THEIR FEELINGS!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yes...and i'll just add that some things are often kept in because we feel like that's our shit that we have to deal with and it's not fair of us to put it on you.
Isn't that part Fe? I mean, everyone uses both to some degree, but it seems like a far more Fe approach. It's exactly why I don't share emotions unless necessary.

Also, the Gotye song is purposefully meant for everyone to identify with. Who hasn't felt like that in a breakup, Fi or Fe? Complex emotions aren't unique to Fi users at all! :)

edit: not being snarky, just trying to distinguish between "Fi human" and "human" traits.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Isn't that part Fe? I mean, everyone uses both to some degree, but it seems like a far more Fe approach. It's exactly why I don't share emotions unless necessary.

Also, the Gotye song is purposefully meant for everyone to identify with. Who hasn't felt like that in a breakup, Fi or Fe? Complex emotions aren't unique to Fi users at all! :)

edit: not being snarky, just trying to distinguish between "Fi human" and "human" traits.

maybe the outcome is the same?? i'm not sure the feeling behind it is the same. i'm not sure how to describe what i mean...but i think it has something to do with letting people be who they are as long as it's not negatively impacting someone else.

hmm...which also seems fe when typed outloud. so maybe they're the same in this way? just watching out for people or something??

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
maybe the outcome is the same?? i'm not sure the feeling behind it is the same. i'm not sure how to describe what i mean...but i think it has something to do with letting people be who they are as long as it's not negatively impacting someone else.

hmm...which also seems fe when typed outloud. so maybe they're the same in this way? just watching out for people or something??

I think there is a difference in when we do this. I think Fe-users are less likely to share how they feel inside, especially if they feel they will be jeopardizing a desirable outcome for the group as such, but they have no problem, as Fidelia earlier said, bouncing their feelings off of other Fe-users to see if they are missing information and in order to get back in sync with the group, whereas Fi-users have no problem voicing their emo-concerns in a group, and champion a cause, to get out the entire truth surrounding an issue, whereas we need permission and confirmation that the other person wants to listen to our story about our inner feelings, as we know this can get intense, messy and long in duration. On top of that, sharing that part of yourself, when it isnt welcome, causes intense feelings of rejection and shame, as we dont want to burden the person with that type of intense messy shit, if it isnt welcomed (we know first hand how difficult that stuff can be to wade through).

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Absolutely. I don't mean to say these feelings are only experienced by Fi users. It's about how Gotye explores, confronts and evokes them.

You will find this kind of creative expression is common among Fi artists. They want to draw attention to things we all feel, but don't necessarily comprehend or perhaps aren't even consciously aware of, and then evoke that in a way that makes you go, "OMG! That's so fucking true!".

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Absolutely. I don't mean to say these feelings are only experienced by Fi users. It's about how Gotye explores, confronts and evokes them.

You will find this kind of creative expression is common among Fi artists. They want to draw attention to things we all feel, but don't necessarily comprehend or perhaps aren't even consciously aware of, and then evoke that in a way that makes you go, "OMG! That's so fucking true!".

Ah, ok. I'm not an artist (nor do I trust most celebrity typings) so I can't speak to Fi vs. Fe creative process at all. :shrug:

Maybe it's like....Fi users share their feelings, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. Fe users, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, share their feelings. They're given different levels of importance for the two users (again, guessing).

There might also be differences in determining "negative impact on others". I'm not sure how a dom or aux-Fe user would approach it, but I try not to share intense negative emotions because I don't want to make the other person sad/inconvenienced/guilty/etc. A Fi user might have a higher threshold for what's considered a negative impact?

There's also an element of privacy for me (probably more of a T thing) where I don't really have a desire to share random emotions without a purpose. They're more something to experience than something to share with others - particularly since they're constantly changing anyway.

edit: I should probably leave you guys alone now before this becomes a Fe discussion, sorry :bye:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh i don't care what kind of discussion it becomes. i think it's all interesting...oh...this isn't my thread tho is it? haha i guess that matters.

i think for us...it's more...as long as it doesn't cross some boundary of what is right...so even if our saying so will hurt you...it has to be said...and fe doesn't operate that way because they place more importance on people than principles.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it occurs to me that i may be sounding very contradictory...i mean...it all get weighed...people first...if possible...but really...it's principle first. ha does that make sense?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it occurs to me that i may be sounding very contradictory...i mean...it all get weighed...people first...if possible...but really...it's principle first. ha does that make sense?

It does. On an intellectual level. But I can't really relate because for me (baby Fe) it is the other way around. I have very few principles and one of the most important ones, if not the most important one is not to hurt people and to preserve harmony. I do have opinions on many issues (more often opinions rather than convictions) but they aren't strong enough to be worth getting worked up about or getting into a fight over them.

More later, if you guys are interested in another INTP's baby Fe perpective.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
cool yes i am...i really need to understand more how the functions operate in different positions.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It does. On an intellectual level. But I can't really relate because for me (baby Fe) it is the other way around. I have very few principles and one of the most important ones, if not the most important one is not to hurt people and to preserve harmony. I do have opinions on many issues (more often opinions rather than convictions) but they aren't strong enough to be worth getting worked up about or getting into a fight over them.

More later, if you guys are interested in another INTP's baby Fe perpective.
Yeah, I completely agree with this. I'm not really sure I have many (any?) principles that don't involve "don't hurt other people" in some way. I don't really know what principles are actually, other than something people like to say when they want to fight for no reason "it's a matter of principle dammit". :laugh:

They mean something different from morals, right? I see them claimed in places where morals wouldn't apply, anyway.

KDude

They mean something different from morals, right? I see them claimed in places where morals wouldn't apply, anyway.

Sometimes. It could just be socially related.. "Saving face". Fighting out of that principle. Maybe the principal is simply "don't look like a wuss". If, then, but..

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No no an example might be people deserve to be treated like blank and that right shall be defended regardless of who you are or my relation to you.

Or maybe it's rather or not this is a popular opinion this person deserves to express how they feel!

Something like that... Hmm that's not very helpful. Maybe I'll come back to it.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm, maybe it's kind of like that Auto-play thread. I posted in there out of principal, even though I am annoyed by autoplay and I realize the majority of others are as well. It has nothing to do with the 'needs of the many'. Do Fe users often feel the need to defend things that they and even most people don't like?

KDude

No no an example might be people deserve to be treated like blank and that right shall be defended regardless of who you are or my relation to .

Oh, I meant how "principal" might take on a meaning outside "Fi values" or morals. Some people do funny things out of "principal" that have little to do with morals per se. But they're probably more conditional than a Fi value, I think.

KDude

Do Fe users often feel the need to defend things that they and even most people don't like?

I'm growing a too self-aware how I'm posting in these "F" threads lately.. Why am I doing this?

Anyways, I've caught myself doing this from time to time. One time I was at a friend's apartment, they were all kind of bickering over this lame roommate of his. He didn't do his portion of the job and was always late for rent. And he had this "Shrug" attitude when they raised the issue. I got tired of hearing all of it.. and I had nothing to do with any of it other than caring about my friends getting shafted a bit.. and I got up and put the guy on the floor. I guess it was "out of principal" for Fe reasons, maybe to make my friends happy, and out of "principal" that a situation shouldn't be stalemated.. I'd help resolve the situation by skipping all the bullshit.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm, maybe it's kind of like that Auto-play thread. I posted in there out of principal, even though I am annoyed by autoplay and I realize the majority of others are as well. It has nothing to do with the 'needs of the many'. Do Fe users often feel the need to defend things that they and even most people don't like?

good point! i defend things that i feel are right even if it's not "my opinion" like that auto play thread.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
cool yes i am...i really need to understand more how the functions operate in different positions.

Will do, but this time in the Fe thread - I keep mixing them up :doh:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=9214]KDude[/MENTION]

That is a type of principal, what would you do if you felt everybody else was wrong.. except for the guy who wasn't your friend, and was otherwise a jerk? Would you go task for it?

[MENTION=9119]LadyX[/MENTION]

It looks like we're onto something. It also enrages me when I'm accused of standing up for something because of self-interest (I just like pushing bad music, etc). Because, for me it's anything but.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah totally. like i may joke around saying oh hell yeah YOU WILL listen to my music and Learn to love it! but i couldn't care less really...i'm really just standing up for the rights of someone to feel that way...just a general someone...out there...